Kognitive Marketing "credit cards" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kognitive Marketing Employee Reviews about "credit cards"

Updated Sep 30, 2019

4.3
Kognitive Marketing CEO Josh Singer
Josh Singer
Pros
  • "good management, flexible hours, Kognitive is the best company to work for if you want to get real-life experience in sales(in 30 reviews)

• "It helped me in boosting my confidence and communication skills(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "no cons while working at the company(in 16 reviews)

• "Very difficult to sell credit cards(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "credit cards"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Difficult job but very flexible"

Former Employee - Field Marketing Representative

I worked at Kognitive Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, decent amount of pay

Cons

Very difficult to sell credit cards

Kognitive Marketing2019-09-30
  2. "selling cards to old people."

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Kognitive Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent staff flexible hours around school comission based pay

Cons

The contracts they had me on were about pitching credit cards to everyone in a department store. If you have amy morals around selling services like that to retirees and the like, don't bother with this job.

Advice to Management

Don't take up such gross contracts.

Kognitive Marketing2019-07-05
  3. "Excellent part time job"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kognitive Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

New and exciting events, freebies

Cons

Hard to sell credit cards in small towns

Kognitive Marketing2019-06-17
  4. "Kognitive Review"

Senior Sales Representative in London, ON

I have been working at Kognitive Marketing for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible, and competitive wages if you're willing to work for it. I just did this job while studying and it was good for that period in my life.

Cons

So much disorganization. And you're selling credit cards, which isn't the best job, but whatever, it paid the bills.

Kognitive Marketing2017-11-28
  5. "Capitalizing on peoples propensity to spend money they don't have"

I worked at Kognitive Marketing full-time

Pros

Team environment, Travel, You learn to accept rejection very quickly. You get to speak with a lot of minorities, elderly folk, and immigrants.

Cons

You are scoping out financially illiterate people who walk into the store, you are then bombarding them with a BS pitch on why they should have a credit card.

Advice to Management

Develop your sales people, train them to actually sell and not just push product. When I was working there, I went through a 30-minute training session and then was put on the floor and told to approach people. I hardly knew what I was selling.

Kognitive Marketing2017-01-29
  6. "Complete mess of a company"

Former Employee - Field Marketing Representative in London, ON

I worked at Kognitive Marketing part-time

Pros

If you are good at sales you can make decent money as a student, part-time Co-workers are usually very nice

Cons

Management is a joke, very rude, unprofessional, and demeaning They have ridiculous sales targets for you In some cases they ask you to lie to customers You have to force credit cards on people Unethical and shady company

Advice to Management

Clean up your act

Kognitive Marketing2016-11-20
  7. "Sales representative- Awful, poor Sales managers and autocratic management"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Kognitive Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sales experience. Besides that the pay is minimum wage + comission

Cons

Minimum wage, everyday sales quota of minimum 10 Credit cards which is itself hard to get, even had to lie to customers sometime to get a sale. Managers dont care about your existence as long as you maintain the quotas. No bonding amognst the management and sales reps

Advice to Management

Better sales training, more hourly wage, better products, get off ripping people off on credit cards no one is interested in those things nowadays.

Kognitive Marketing2016-10-26
  8. "Disorganized Chaos"

I worked at Kognitive Marketing full-time

Pros

you have potential to make great money on busy days and you get a lot of exercise walking up and down the aisles of Canadian Tire

Cons

you only get paid based on the applications (for credit card) that get approved. significant lack of management structure. everything is very informal payroll often gets messed up the tablet that you use throughout the day often has technical difficulties

Advice to Management

change the structure. find a different method so that employees aren't constantly texting their managers throughout the day

Kognitive Marketing2015-08-27

"FMR"

in Toronto, ON

I worked at Kognitive Marketing

Pros

I was hired to work on the Primus telecommunications program in Feb. 2015. Training was one on one, and the sales pitch was well-written. I worked out of various Costco locations, selling discounted internet & phone plans to Costco members. On a good day I would make $25-35 per hour. There were a few issues communicating/ coordinating tasks with management, but other than that life was good....

Cons

....then the Primus program ended. Kognitive dropped Primus, and so all the Primus reps were transferred to the Gas Local program. The Gas Local program is where aspiring sales reps go to die a slow, horrible career death. This program entails hocking Canadian Tire credit cards at Canadian Tire gas bars. The GTA market is utterly over-saturated with these financial products, so meeting quota was a snowball's... chance in hell. Furthermore, because management was desperate to meet numbers in each region, they would push reps to use unethical sales tactics to close deals. Being a rep for this particular program made me feel very sleazy. I would not recommend Kognitive or financial product sales programs to anyone-- the market is way too over-saturated, and the lengths that you are expected to go to in order to get a sale are utterly ridiculous. Stay away... far away-- there are plenty of other companies that you can approach for entry-level sales experience. Don't waste your time at this one...

Advice to Management

COMPENSATION SUCKS-- USUALLY ONLY EVER AMOUNTS TO MINIMUM WAGE-- WHY NOT JUST FLIP BURGERS??

Kognitive Marketing2015-08-19

"Ok company to work with but the effort you put in does not match the salary paid."

Field Marketing Representative in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Kognitive Marketing

Pros

Flexible working hours especially if you want a second job, or if you're in school. Very supportive supervisors. If you have a strong self-assured personality, and don't mind being embarrassed by customers and can stand and walk for long hours, and talk to people for hours, this is the job for you. Targets are attainable, but not in all cases. Some people do very well, and some don't do so well.

Cons

Lots of pressure to meet targets, poor scheduling., very tiresome job, constantly on your feet hustling shoppers to get a credit card. Sometimes having to be subjected to rude customers who shout at you and embarrass you in public because they feel like you are harassing them. Having gone through that all day, the salary really could be better.

Advice to Management

Run with the team program only as opposed to the single field officers in the stores. They produce far greater results, and there wont be so much pressure on one person to meet the targets.

Kognitive Marketing2014-12-27