Kohl's Reviews | Glassdoor

2,218 reviews

2,218 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance has decreased over the years in PD specifically (in 231 reviews)

• Stressful to open a credit card (in 346 reviews)

1. "Cashier"

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

Decent job like any other cashier job.

Cons

Pay isn't that great, could be better.

Advice to Management

Better move up potential.

2. "Pleasant but with some cons"

Former Employee - Freight in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Freight in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Kohl's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really fun and easy you kind of get thrown put there but once you get the hang of it its not bad you unload the truck on rollers makes the job easy then you put it out on the floor whatever doesn't fit you put it back in the stock room I really enjoyed time in the stockroom it was quiet and peaceful you can listen to music or podcasts dress casual open boxes place it on denim carts so its ready to be placed on the floor you can backstock or clean up by picking up trash and compacting boxes pretty laid back nobody really gets on your case and they offer donuts candies stuff like that in the break room regularly its a fun environment id recommend it to someone who wants this kind of environment.

Cons

The hours are not really there they might promise and all that but as freight you get two days out of the week for eight hours three if we're busy and as someone who just wants some extra cash that's not bad but as a job to sustain yourself or a family or living expenses it just doesn't cut it there is subtle drama people that like it done a certain way others that want it done a different way corporate wants it done a different way the company is partly responsible for this since they don't truly train they forget how they didn't know anything when they came in and just sort of expect you to know things almost right off the bat even if you've never done retail before so with multiple minds working and wanting theings differently or doing things wrong for lack of training it can be hard to keep things organized its chaos disguised as order to our customers if these things don't bother you i would then recommend it to you.

Advice to Management

TRAIN! You might know what your doing buy new people don't even understand you with your lingo of go do the Qs and the 500s hardlines and softlines pos mls etc. Its a different world of language and of course doing it for eight to ten years its commo knowledge to you but we didn't even learn about the color wheel or how to link e-signs until we have already been thrown to the wolves and if we don't get it quickly enough we get treated like idiots whether directly or indirectly so please TRAIN!

3. "cashier"

I worked at Kohl's part-time

Pros

really friendly, employees were great.

Cons

sometimes was unorganized, would get stole from a lot, would send you home at random times

4. "Not great"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally easy work. A little monotonous but you can get into a good routine.

Cons

If your store manager doesn't care nothing will get done, in any sense. Whether it's problems with associates or other assistant managers. There's a huge lack of communication as a whole.

Advice to Management

Step up. Communicate with your associates, take responsibility, don't just sit around and complain to other people when things don't go your way. Try to understand where people are coming from when they have genuine concerns and not just blow them off.

5. "Management Intern"

Pros

Great people to work with, great pay for an intern. Ok online training simulation.

Cons

Folding clothes for an entire shift and only getting 3 management shifts during an 8 week internship.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to interns and not to just use them as an extra hand. Develop them to stay.

6. "Department supervisor"

Pros

Family oriented and diverse hiring

Cons

Low pay for amount of work required

Advice to Management

None

7. "Sales Associate"

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

I like the customer interaction.

Cons

The staffing is insufficient and the stores are open to late.

Advice to Management

You need to get better at staffing for the amount of customers.

8. "Seasonal work"

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers , friendly managers , easy scheduling

Cons

Minimum wage pay not enough hours in for part-time you max out at 26 when it seems like the average is about 10 to 15

Advice to Management

26 hours isn't enough not to live on and not to work on

9. "It was alright"

Former Employee - Customer Service Area Supervisor in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Area Supervisor in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Kohl's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The discounts were good they feed us a lot and managers were great good place to work if going to school or a second income

Cons

Not really any cons all there really is getting our weekly schedule out so we know what we are working in advance

10. "Point of sales (POS)"

Current Employee - POS in Brownsville, TX
    Current Employee - POS in Brownsville, TX

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee discount
    Hour of pay

Cons

Short hours
    Encountering rude customers

Advice to Management

Have a reliable supervisor/e3 to handle customer complaints. POS can only do so much.

Showing 2,218 of 7,394 reviews