Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Floor Associate

Create your profile to get personalized information

Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Reviews

Updated Jan 1, 2020

3.2
Kohl's CEO Michelle Gass
Michelle Gass
  1. "Sales Floor Associate / Customer Service"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Ocala, FL

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- high ethical standards company-wide - importance placed on family/team environment - great first job - learn how to work as a team, put in hours, gain experience face to face with customers

Cons

- it is retail... and customer service. Working with the public is not always fun. - Sometimes working for corporate has advantages, sometimes it makes you feel like you're just a number

Advice to Management

- thanks for putting importance on the work/life balance and being so flexible! - continue putting emphasis on the team/family-like atmosphere between associates and managment

Kohl's2017-12-24
  2. "Meh"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I worked at Kohl's part-time

Pros

Very easy job and love the dress code.

Cons

barely had any hours and I was in college at the time.

Kohl's2020-01-02
  3. "Overworked, Underpaid, Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Enjoyed most other long-term employees, randomly allowed to get overtime, decent discounts

Cons

Way underpaid, and undervalued for what I contributed. Worked there for 5 years and was trained in nearly every department only to find out I was training new people that only made 10 cents less than me.

Advice to Management

Compensate people fairly and appropriately

Kohl's2019-11-19
  4. "Sales Floor Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy scheduling, easy work, busy work

Cons

Bad management, gossiping coworkers, very adamant in soliciting credit or you could get marked down for not

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers needs, respect their space, treat them like human beings.

Kohl's2019-11-14
  5. "Great retail start"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Temecula, CA

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment for character development, management skills were fair, some great leaders!

Cons

Poor manpower because of corporate putting money squeeze on stores

Advice to Management

N/A

Kohl's2019-08-09
  6. "Needs Better Management and Employee Recognition"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Akron, OH

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Flexibility with scheduling; at my store, they usually followed availability and worked with you to have a flexible schedule -Ability to cross-train in various departments to gain more experience

Cons

-Upper management had no clue what they were doing to progress the store forward and stuck in their ways. -Management also very rude to both new and seasoned associates and positive feedback is hardly given, only what people are doing wrong.

Advice to Management

Being kind to your employees goes a long way for company morale, no one wants to put forth extra effort when they are only being talked down to.

Kohl's2019-07-27
  7. "Overall good experience"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I have been working at Kohl's part-time

Pros

-Friendly staff -Take care of their employees ( rewards for getting Credits, company lunches during holidays, holiday pay on Thanksgiving and Black Friday)

Cons

-Constantly try and get you to push credit cards, even during Kohl's charge events, when majority of people already have a charge card. - I voluntarily worked overnights, always on time, called off one time in the three months I worked there because I was very sick (even previously came in just hours after getting into an accident that totaled my car) and still was not told that I wouldn't be kept after the Christmas season until days before my last shift.

Kohl's2019-05-17

"Fun and relaxed"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Southern Pines, NC

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, free food, hard work and initiative are rewarded as much as possible via recognition or more hours to work.

Cons

Hours are tight from Jan thru March, as with any retailer. Take advantage of cross training or the hours aren't worth it in a single department. No matter how hard you clean the store, there is not enough hours in the day to clean it all, but that is mainly the customers faults.

Advice to Management

Keep up standards for all employees, fire slackers. Present communication is great and constructive criticism is always helpful. It was great knowing managers had my back as an employee in any situation.

Kohl's2019-04-09

"Flexible hours, great coworkers"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Chicago Ridge, IL

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a good job for college students or for anyone looking for a second job to help with bills. Great coworkers and you get paid sick time.

Cons

Lack of communication with management. Would often get told to do conflicting things. They also were understaffed at times but still over on payroll, which meant if someone called off a department could potentially be empty and others would have to suffer from it.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication across the board and more overall competency.

Kohl's2019-04-10
  10. "It was okay."

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Laurel, MD

I worked at Kohl's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management. Hard work was recognized.

Cons

Terrible pay. No set number of hours, one week you would work 8 hours and then the next 20 hours. The schedule changed too often and wasn't consistent. A lot of pressure to get people to sign up for a Kohl's charge.

Kohl's2019-04-22