KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kohl's

Engaged Employer

Kohl's

Add a Review

Kohl's Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Found 357 of over 13,827 reviews

3.5
Kohl's CEO Michelle Gass
Michelle Gass
1,736 Ratings
Pros
  • "Employee discount and snacks in break room(in 781 reviews)

• "the ability to have flexible schedule(in 625 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no health insurance for part time workers(in 389 reviews)

• "Management is the same at every other minimum wage job where they act like they care about the employees but don't(in 357 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kohl's and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great management

Oct 19, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate in Hillsboro, OR
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work atmosphere is positive and the managers are great at looking after their employees.

Cons

Minimum wage payment for what can be a frustrating job. Customers are often rude and unhappy with you.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ups and downs

Dec 31, 2020 - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had amazing coworkers and everyone worked really well together. We had fun and it really never felt like I didn't want to be there. I got to try lots of different positions within the store and got a lot of great experience. Schedule was pretty flexible if you were honest and talked to management.

Cons

The pay is minimum wage and the hours are unreliable unless its close to a holiday or big sale. Sometimes there weren't enough of us to keep up with everything that needed done and to help customers. My guess is that this is a problem caused by those higher up in the company, I dont think the managers had any control over this. We definitely needed more people on the floor to help customers, some days we were stretched really thin and people had to be pulled from other jobs. If you do Omni it can be a bit stressful due to the time constraints but once you know the store it gets better.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0