KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kohl's

Engaged Employer

Kohl's

Add a Review

Kohl's Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 388 of over 13,824 reviews

3.5
Kohl's CEO Michelle Gass
Michelle Gass
1,736 Ratings
Pros
  • "Employee discount and snacks in break room(in 781 reviews)

• "the ability to have flexible schedule(in 625 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no health insurance for part time workers(in 389 reviews)

• "Management is the same at every other minimum wage job where they act like they care about the employees but don't(in 357 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kohl's and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great!

Oct 20, 2020 - Sales Associate in Leander, TX
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing staff Flexible hours Great benefits Amazing company

Cons

If you are part-time, you don't get that many benefits

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee

A Great Place for Short Term Employment

Jan 2, 2021 - Currently Unemployed And Seeking Work in Everett, WA
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely co-workers, management doesn't micromanage, flexible scheduling allowed anytime that isn't holiday season, decent 15% associate discount that goes up to 35% during certain times. Sometimes, especially during the weekdays, the store is really dead so you'll have a relaxing evening at work.

Cons

Management is very flaky with schedules, sometimes they post updates and then unpost them so you have no idea when your actual shift is, there's always a possibility of them moving you around. This is my biggest con: management doesn't communicate with you very often about your position. I started working before the seasonal period, my work account said I was a regular part time worker. However, management saw me as seasonal and didn't even tell me I was fired, I knew from a termination email. If they had elaborated that even if I had applied before holiday season that I would be considered seasonal, I wouldn't have applied, as I am looking to work for a least a year for the experience. My application clearly stated regular part time. That is all, it was a great place to get retail experience but the communication between H2 and regular workers need improvement.

Continue reading