Komatsu Equipment Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Komatsu Equipment Company Reviews

4.5
John Pfisterer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Would Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Warranty Administrator in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Warranty Administrator in Reno, NV

I have been working at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, competitive benefits and pay, flexible schedule, overall great company that cares about its employees

Cons

In my opinion, there is too much leniency for employees that have made mistakes and in our branch a lack of management, we are very short handed on that side.

2. "A company I love working for"

Current Employee - Credit Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Credit Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people that work at Komatsu have been some of the greatest people I have had to work with. They are very focused on safety. Flexible work schedule. I feel valued as an employee.

Cons

When we moved into our new facility they took away causal Friday. To me that is a small gesture that would go along way for employee moral.

Apr 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks so much for your comments. We pride ourselves on always valuing our employees. They are the lifeblood of our organization and their success means our customers satisfaction. Thanks for the... More

3. "Best place I have ever works"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Rock Springs, WY
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Rock Springs, WY

I have been working at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with some of the best people to work with. everyone has a focus to do the best job possible and help one another out. Great company's have great people and Komatsu Equipment has some of the best.

Cons

Hours can be long at times, but I don't complain. We have a focus to do what ever is needed to take care of the customers.

Apr 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We like to boast we work with the best people in the industry and are glad to hear that you agree! Working with a great team makes everyone’s experience better, from top to... More

4. "Good Company, Difficult Management"

I worked at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time

Pros

Good benefits, great co-workers, good pay

Cons

Company seems to be run by one person who isn't the President. Makes employees feel uncomfortable. Limited ability to do job without being micromanaged. Too many reports that don't get utilized.

Advice to Management

Let the employees do what they are hired to do.

Apr 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with your review. It’s unfortunate to hear you had a difficult time with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve as an organization and provide our... More

5. "Here To Help!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Gillette, WY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Gillette, WY

I have been working at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is a great place to work because the overall "theme" held by the majority of folks that work here is one of mutual cooperation and understanding. I have found that since coming to work here, my tension level has gone down ... and that's not to say that we don't get much done. Its just that the company supports an attitude of cooperation and the mantra "Here to help" is truly instilled into the attitude of management and workers alike.

Cons

It is a larger group than some of the mom and pop places that I have previously worked, and so implementing change sometimes takes a little longer and requires more processes.

Advice to Management

I would say that the customers in my area like the fact that "we get in there and get things done." which is different than a lot of OEM type dealerships. Because we are growing, and because we are in fact tied to an OEM, I think that there is a fear that red tape and feet dragging will increase ... and so I would say that we need to do our best to separate ourselves from our OEM competition by embracing adaptability.

Apr 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks so much for your review! You provided some great advice about separating ourselves and making “adaptability” an everyday word around KEC. Let’s work together to ensure this success and this... More

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time

Pros

Komatsu Equipment Company has a great group of people that sell a great product. The technicians here are the best and really make a difference for our customers. We may always be the most well-known of the equipment makers, but when customers try our products, they realize that we are the best. The level of service that is provided to customers is the best you are going to find. Out customers tell us that we are responsive to their needs and our folks always figure out a solution that will work for them. And it is all done with a smile!

Cons

We are a company that is growing, but sometimes we still manage things like a small mom and pop. But we are working towards getting better, so this does not impact our customers.

Advice to Management

Work to be more efficient. We could improve our systems, which would make us an even more invaluable partner to our customers.

Apr 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience while working with us. As you know firsthand, company growth is an unbelievable thing to experience while... More

7. "Good Product, Average Management"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Elko, NV
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Elko, NV

I worked at Komatsu Equipment Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Komatsu builds good machines, and we had to support them in the field. My coworkers were great, and getting to know customers was great. I had training opportunities at work as well.

Cons

Management started leading from financial data only and forgot to take care of the customer. It was hard enough to do a good job without constant pressure to charge the customer more.

Apr 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for spending your time to leave us a review. We’re sorry you felt you were placed in a precarious situation to provide the customer with great care. We certainly hope that the customer... More