KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Kona Grill Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated Nov 21, 2017

Found 6 of over 312 reviews

3.3
Kona Grill President and CEO Manny Hilario
Manny Hilario
Pros
  • "good money, fast-paced environment, good hours if you like working a lot(in 20 reviews)

• "great happy hour and great food(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, and all day happy hour on sundays make for some very long days(in 19 reviews)

• "Side work after closing can take 1-2 hours(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kona Grill and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Work-Culture!

Nov 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture!The company's mission is to, "Make every experience exceptional" and that is clearly meant to extend beyond restaurant guests, including staff as well. When you spend as much time at work as most of us do, it is really important to enjoy the people you work with - at Kona there is a strong sense of community and teamwork. The corporate office really sets the table for comradery and teambuilding by hosting frequent events. Whether it's a pizza party, potluck, or making sack lunches for the less fortunate - there are always efforts made to bring together departments. There is definitely room for growth here. I personally have advanced from my original title and I appreciate working somewhere where hard work is recognized and new opportunities are available.

Cons

The volume of work is high and the pace is fast, but if you aren't afraid of a challenge and have a, "go-getter" personality the workload is absolutely doable.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to have you on our team and welcome your feedback. You are an important part of who Kona is and valuable to making our guests experiences exceptional.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If the corporate office adds another SPECIAL to save this plummeting terribly structure business I’m going to quit !

Oct 23, 2017 - Server/Bartender
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good food Decent price point Better clientele My assistant managers are AMAZING Cool concept Versatile menu - sushi, flat breads, salads , entrees, from scratch, made to order awesome for customizing the Kona Grill experience and being creative

Cons

Year long roach problem! Crawling over tables and found in food! Cost cutting when it comes to maintenance We didn’t have AC for a month in the summer ! We don’t have a professional cleaning service. Furniture is super cheap and wobbly! Corporate office has so many expectations and ideas and they over complicate our lives! People in corporate office have clearly never served tables before because they don’t think about how their ideas affect the person dealing with the guests. They wanted us to put clear labels with black letters on our syrup bottles for the bar and you can’t even read the labels because the syrup is too dark. Like did you guys not notice that!?! I know it’s cute for the guest but did y’all think about the people using them !?They have new check books that lose cards, receipts, and they DONT FIT IN OUR APRONS. White shirt uniform in a restaurant that uses a lot of soy sauce. Back of house is NEVER on their game. They put less people on to save labor and our ticket times are usually like 30-60minutes. Then the manager comps a bunch of stuff of your check. We comp more than they would have spent had they just kept more people on back of house knowing we were headed into a busy night. Added stress and less money for you.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We are undergoing some exciting changes for 2018 that will strengthen our brand through a focus on operations and creating an environment at our corporate office that supports operations. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

3. 5.0

Fantastic Corporate Atmosphere!

Apr 14, 2017 - Payroll Specialist in Kona, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Kona Grills Corporate office has a lively, upbeat, happy atmosphere that spreads infectiously through the restaurant locations. The corporate staff truly cares about their location employees and making sure that they have every available resource needed. The communication between the corporate office and site locations is impeccable and everyone works together with a smile. The entire staff has the mindset to get the job done, get it done with accuracy, and have fun while doing it in a professional manner. Great group of managers and support staff. I would work with these lovely individuals again in a heartbeat.

Cons

The corporate office is very small, there is not enough room for the entire support staff, but they are moving into a new office that should give more leg room to the employees.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback! Thank you for the time you committed to our brand and we hope to see you dining or working with us again soon.

4. 4.0

Sep 29, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is experiencing a lot of growth right now. If you're single and/or willing to relocate you can move up fairly quickly.

Cons

Corporate office had a lot of turnover. Working 50+ hours a week. Working until 2AM. Basically just bad for your quality if life.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Former employee

Aug 14, 2017 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The concept is great and the food is amazing. There are several people in the corporate office that care about their employees and the company.

Cons

The Board of Directors is a "boys club" bunch of Rich snobs that made their money by cheating and strong arming weak people. They care about themselves, their bank accounts and how they can look good to their friends. They could care less about the employees which is sad because there are people that care but they either leave or get fired because the board won't accept responsibility for themselves and how their decision making is killing the brand/concept. The Jundts are a bunch of bully con artists that muscle people to get their way. Berke is a good guy but he gives in to the Jundts and other board members. He also misuses his position to treat the restaurants like his own personal playground. Buys a soccer team, Kona Grill feeds them on the restaurants dime. Kids school needs some food? Don't worry Kona Grill will pay for that too. Does Kona Grill benefit from these? Not really. Fresh from scratch kitchen? For the most part yes but why do they buy their buns from a company that freezes them? Is that fresh? Kona has several struggling stores that either A need to be closed or B the District Managers need to go in and fire people or actually "help" their restaurants. The company focuses on the wrong objectives, close the stores that under performing. Give the restaurants the help they need from the DMs, RCP and Facilities (another part of the company that is a complete joke) Dms and RCPs spend all their time on the line or computers, instead of helping those restaurants that are struggling to manage their COGS or labor. Sorry but an "aggressive" email isn't going to solve the problem, go in there and MANAGE! I used to love this company, but it will go down or be bought out by a bigger company like Darden who will then bag and box everything. I hope I'm wrong but if Kona doesn't clean up it's Board of Directors and Berke stand up for himself it's going down.

5 people found this review helpful

6. 1.0

Scary...

Jan 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in the corporate office, it was a casual work environment and looked as nice as the restaurants.

Cons

The company does not care about it's employees and sees them as replaceable. There's no direction or strategy. Little to no communication. The corporate office leadership is very paranoid and the CEO will not listen to anyone who tries to help him improve the company.

9 people found this review helpful