KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kona Grill

Is this your company?

Kona Grill

Add a Review

Kona Grill Employee Reviews about "training program"

Updated Apr 8, 2017

Found 6 of over 311 reviews

3.3
Kona Grill President and CEO Manny Hilario
Manny Hilario
Pros
  • "good money, fast-paced environment, good hours if you like working a lot(in 20 reviews)

• "great happy hour and great food(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, and all day happy hour on sundays make for some very long days(in 19 reviews)

• "Side work after closing can take 1-2 hours(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kona Grill and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training program"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sous Chef

Mar 4, 2016 - Sous Chef in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top Notch management training program! I feel that Kona Grill as a whole has gone above and beyond to make me feel at home, understand the job I am performing, kept and open line of communication at ALL TIMES, and very helpful with any and all questions I have had through this process. Long story short... I am excited to be a part of the Kona Grill team and excited for the future!

Cons

I dont really have any comments on the downside of working for Kona Grill at this time. Long hours are to be expected in a management role. You have the ability to make this opportunity whatever you desire.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hostess

Jun 30, 2016 - Hostess in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good discounts on food -Smooth operations and training program -Ability to transfer locations as there are many around the country

Cons

-Salary was not competitive despite experience in role at other establishments -Competition for tips was not well-managed and caused conflict

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Company

Mar 1, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, nice training program, flexible schedule

Cons

I felt the menu changed too frequently

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback! Thank you for the time you committed to our brand and we hope to see you dining or working with us again soon.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The In Crowd

Apr 8, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

National chain with small company feel. Fun environment and great food! Training program is excellent.

Cons

Favoritism is blatant at management levels.A lot of turnover - seemingly more to do with personalities than performance.

1 person found this review helpful

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

manager

Jan 27, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

good management training program. advancement potential. company has steady new store growth annually

Cons

lack of support from upper management. abuse of GM working "bankers" hours

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

good not great

Feb 20, 2017 - Bartender
      Business Outlook

Pros

busy, good training program, opportunity for advancement

Cons

compensation is not fair for certain positions

Senior HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to have you on our team and welcome your feedback. You are an important part of who Kona is and valuable to making our guests experiences exceptional. We would love to get some additional details from you. Please share them at hr@konagrill.com

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews