Cover image for Konami Gaming, Inc.
Logo

Konami Gaming, Inc.

Part of Konami
Is this your company?

Konami Gaming, Inc.

Add a Review

Konami Gaming, Inc. Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Jan 6, 2020

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 83 of over 83 reviews
2.4
21% Recommend to a Friend
18% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 83 reviews

2.4
Konami Gaming, Inc. CEO Satoshi Sakamoto (no image)
Satoshi Sakamoto

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits(in 9 reviews)
  • "I have found most of the people there great to work with and always willing to help.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are decent but anyone with real skill levels doesn’t stay long.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The new building is great.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management; inability to grow beyond the the old way of doing things.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Bad culture.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Getting software approved and dealing with IT is a totally different ordeal and even the high level managers are afraid of the IT department.(in 5 reviews)
  • "You can stand in the parking lot and look at all the adjacent office buildings and all of them have covered parking.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Konami just went through a pretty brutal layoff about a month ago.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

ok

Jan 6, 2020 - Embedded Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice people, good human resources department, and good 401k match

Cons

i don't like living in Vegas

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Squandering Talent

Oct 15, 2017 - Embedded Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great co-workers. Very smart people that want to do good work and produce top quality products. - Managers and Directors are very accessible and generally very fair. - The benefits are very generous. I can say that this is one thing that Konami really cares about. They work hard to continue to find good medical coverage at reasonable rates. The 401K match is *incredibly* good.

Cons

From an engineers perspective this company suffers from a few serious issues. 1. Communication disconnect between lower level management and the C level executives. Engineers have been warning direct managers and directors of the need to refactor/re-write software that is vital to the systems group for over 10 years. This software has become *completely* unstable, non-maintainable to the point that engineers are afraid to change the code because it's impossible to know what bugs might be introduced. Somehow it's taken more than 10 years to get the company to agree to allow us to rewrite the code. However, not enough resources are being provided to finish the rewrite. The engineers working on the code have been put in a no-win situation. The company won't spend the resources to get us out of the mess but continue to expect us to add features to the old code-base. I don't know why Konami isn't doing something decisive and effective to remedy the situation. This is a problem for Konami for at least two reasons: a - This software is going to cause Konami to lose customers. b- Most engineers don't want to work in an environment in which they can't succeed. The only way to fix this is for Konami to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO REPLACE the old code-base. 2. The company appears to have very little vision beyond the current quarterly results. The bare minimum is done to keep the system software limping along. As a result, Konami is in an endless loop of putting out fires and fixing bugs in an attempt keep customers. The code is becoming worse and worse as patches are hastily made to get fixes out to customers. Konami needs to break out of this loop if they want to grow. 3- Executive level double-speak. Twice a year the company has an all hands meeting in which the CEO says he wants to break down barriers to communication and he wants people to feel comfortable speaking directly with him. He also says that we must remain humble and not accept the status quo. However, this is clearly just lip service for the following reasons. a - Engineers are FORCED to accept the status quo because the company won't allow the time or resources that it takes to produce products that are better than the status quo. b - The CEO says he wants to break down barriers to communication. However, before I left I asked for an opportunity to speak with him to let him know of the problems that this review is laying out. Bare in mind that before doing so, many times I tried to get the company to make changes by speaking to my immediate chain of command. Nothing ever changed. So before leaving I wanted to speak directly to the CEO in hopes that the message would be heard and acted upon. I wasn't granted any time to speak my concerns to the CEO. Instead I was told to use the exit interview to express my concerns. Yeah, in theory that's great if you believe the C level executives don't get a watered down, filtered and cleansed version of what is really going on. c - Humility? How humble is the CEO or other members of the management team when it is clear that they aren't really listening and taking the advice of the engineers seriously? My hope is that Konami's management will take a good long introspective look at what they are doing and step up to the plate and do WHAT IS BEST FOR THE COMPANY. Consider the long-term goals and not just cheap out worrying about quarterly numbers.

17 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Konami Gaming, Inc. team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A below average Company

Jul 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay Good 401k match Good Benefits Good location Nice office

Cons

Poor management; inability to grow beyond the the old way of doing things. This issue will prevent this company from achieving market dominance Long hours, insufficient vacation allotment for the amount of commitment expected High turnover, very little regard for the employees (we're all replaceable apparently) Strange corporate culture; each department competes against each other department instead of competing towards a common goal Management is aloof and far removed from the those getting the work done. Engage your employees

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Little work and life balance

May 20, 2015 -  in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable place to work. Great 401K match, if you do contribute that is!

Cons

Taking long vacation is not encouraged.

3 people found this review helpful