Cover image for Konami Gaming, Inc.
Logo

Konami Gaming, Inc.

Part of Konami
Is this your company?

Konami Gaming, Inc.

Add a Review

Konami Gaming, Inc. Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 30, 2020

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 83 of over 83 reviews
2.4
21% Recommend to a Friend
18% Approve of CEO

Found 4 of over 83 reviews

2.4
Konami Gaming, Inc. CEO Satoshi Sakamoto (no image)
Satoshi Sakamoto

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and 401k for employees(in 10 reviews)
  • "I have found most of the people there great to work with and always willing to help.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are decent but anyone with real skill levels doesn’t stay long.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The new building is great.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management; inability to grow beyond the the old way of doing things.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Bad culture.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Getting software approved and dealing with IT is a totally different ordeal and even the high level managers are afraid of the IT department.(in 5 reviews)
  • "You can stand in the parking lot and look at all the adjacent office buildings and all of them have covered parking.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Konami just went through a pretty brutal layoff about a month ago.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Think twice before you quit your current job!

Nov 30, 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

View of Airport & Strip, Free coffee & water

Cons

Micro managed & top heavy organization. No room for internal growth. You will need to look elsewhere for advancement opportunities. HR is a joke as they will fire you for anything you do. Everyone walks on egg shells at the office. Its very quiet and no life in the building. No covered parking so your cars 130 degrees in the summer afternoons. Only upper management has underground parking. Disgruntled employees flood toilettes in this place and management literally took away the paper towels to fry your hands punishing all. This place is a joke. No raises + more responsibilities when new upper management shuffles positions and try to consolidate teams. List keeps going...

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Everything was great until COVID

Jul 20, 2020 - Games R&D
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great coworkers - Low stress - Very little overtime

Cons

After COVID hit in March, we were very quickly shuffled to working remotely. This transition went more or less smoothly. Mid-May (and after a month long furlough in April), we were all told we were required to be physically back in the office by the start of June. All protests about safety, effectiveness in working remote, or anything else were shut down completely. We were told that upper management did not trust people to work from home. Upon returning to the office, compliance with wearing masks and social distancing was extremely low and left entirely up to the individual. At the end of June, two employees tested positive for COVID and Human Resources did not inform us until weeks later, and seemingly only because word started to spread about the positive cases. Konami's response to the pandemic has been, much like the US response itself, a case of putting profits before people. I understand when you work at a large corporation like this, you are just a column in a spreadsheet at some level, but the flagrant disregard for employee well-being and the refusal to acknowledge and adapt to the extraordinary circumstances of a global pandemic soured my opinion of this company faster than I ever could have anticipated. Steer clear of working for Konami until well after COVID is gone or until you hear that they have made a complete shift in their policies.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Konami Gaming, Inc. team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Bad culture good people

Aug 30, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most people that work at Konami are nice. Good work/ life balance most of the time. Benefits still good but they get a little worse every year. Stable job, I didn't see any lay off during my time.

Cons

Upper management think they are in Japan. We are paying you so put your head down and work attitude. If you want to innovate and feel appreciated this might no be the place for you. Salaries are a bit below market even with the bonus.

10 people found this review helpful

Konami Gaming, Inc. Response

Employee Services Coordinator

Konami is committed to investing in our people. We have a pay for performance culture that allows us to reward and recognize high performing employees. We offer competitive benefits, including affordable health care coverage and a 401(k) program.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews