KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Konecranes

Engaged Employer

Konecranes

Add a Review

Konecranes Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 6, 2021

Found 23 of over 523 reviews

3.6
Konecranes President and CEO Rob Smith
Rob Smith
Pros
  • "a decent amount of good benefits and 401k(in 23 reviews)

• "good working culture , market leader in over head crane business - now major market holder after Demag acquisition(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor salary, poor management,politics,very less increment(in 9 reviews)

• "Long hours, high stress, minimal time off (often need to work weekends - even if just for a few hours you are still on call), high burnout rate(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Konecranes and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good Company to work for

Apr 26, 2020 - Senior Network Manager in Springfield, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employees, Good benefits, Opportunity for advancement and career development

Cons

European company, they control the show, for the better or for the worse.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good overall

Jan 6, 2021 - Technician in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

a decent amount of good benefits and 401k

Cons

the office was a little unorganized

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Agreement Sales

Jun 5, 2019 - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, my experience here was overwhelmingly positive Largest crane company in the Industry which comes with immediate name recognition Paid well for what you do (however, by no means a lucrative opportunity) Work/life balance was the best I’ve ever had, able to work from home as you please, just hit your numbers and you are left alone Numbers were very easy to hit, could not understand why my counterparts in other areas struggled so mightily. Good benefits (outside of PTO)

Cons

This is a role well-suited for hungry, entry level applicants looking to break into outside sales, not for seasoned veterans. There are simply way better sales positions available to us with solid experience and ability in terms of pay. PTO is worse than anywhere I’ve ever seen, by a landslide. This is offset by lazy work from home days, which probably hurts productivity more than providing sufficient PTO Middle management seems out of tune with the marketplace/roles and responsibilities of their employees. This is shown through unmotivated, overworked service/operations personnel and underperforming salespeople with no idea how to improve. Seemed like the techs/inspectors ran the show. How is this possible?

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fast paced environment, very stable company

Sep 12, 2019 - Project Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant learning, very stable and constantly growing company, very good benefits.

Cons

Learning on the job that could be happening on a more organized way.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great People, Terrible Upper Management.

Jun 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits, good people.

Cons

Upper management is utterly clueless. Do not listen to their people.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love this company and our company president and our branch and district leadership

Apr 19, 2015 - Certified Cranes Inspector
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity, good pay, really good benefits, especially the health insurance. A very safety oriented company.

Cons

Quite a bit of turn-over at branch levels, so there are always open positions.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Very good advancement opportunity. Good people to work for. Training opportunities are constant.

Nov 2, 2017 - District Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Good benefits. Very good training programs and support. Tools to perform your job are very advanced for the industry and supports differentiation. Cant say enough about YourKonecranes.com and CraneHub. Very powerful tools that support our customers needs. I would recomend this company to my family and friends.

Cons

No cons at this time. You have the ability to advance as far as you are driven. Only you can hold yourself back.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good global company with many opportunities

Aug 15, 2014 - Purchasing in Springfield, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomous working environment that allows you to take risks for the company and not constantly looking over your shoulder. Enjoyable working environment. Not a lot of stuffy bosses. Good benefits.

Cons

Pay scale is below industry standards for the positions. Lack of leadership training and mentoring.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Agreement Sales

Aug 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun company to work for, great customers, amazing experience, company vehicle, company cell phone, good benefits.

Cons

Micro management, constant reporting keeping you from making visits, no additional compensation for going above and beyond targets, pay is low. LOW LOW LOW raise even with a promotion.

Konecranes Response

SVP, Service

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us. We appreciate hearing about your experience and are so glad that you enjoyed the company, customers and some of the wide variety of benefits. On the other hand, I’m sorry to hear you felt that you weren’t compensated fairly. When considering our compensation package as whole, we take into account a number of things. We evaluate market rates and attempt to pay our employees within those ranges. Beyond base pay, we also take into account a total compensation package that includes up to a 5% match on 401(k) retirement contributions, profit-sharing, and provides employees with significant health and wellness benefits. This is a continuous process as we know that the market moves very quickly, and so we try to adjust accordingly considering our responsibility to shareholders, employees and customers. I appreciate the advice you give about advancing passionate employees; we try to find those employees that are especially passionate about the business and the company and find opportunities for additional involvement and contribution. -Bernie D

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Sales Manager

Nov 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good potential to advance within the organization.

Cons

Communication could be better between business units throughout the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews