Koodo Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Darren Entwistle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits aren't as great as when we started but commission structure has improved (in 11 reviews)

• Great commission (as a part-timer I make more in commission that I do hourly) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no respect from management (in 3 reviews)

• part-time" meaning upwards of 25 (in 4 reviews)

1. "Lots of learning and customer interaction"

Former Employee - Loyalty and Retention Specialist in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Loyalty and Retention Specialist in Ontario, CA

I worked at Koodo Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn how to deal with all types of customers. Develop interpersonal skills.

Cons

Changes come around too fast and too soon, constant new procedures and phone plans

2. "Very small company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

I worked at Koodo Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's no pros during the time I was there.

Cons

Location is terrible. Bad management and unprofessional in lots of ways. Working environment has too much foreign language.

Advice to Management

Less condescending attitudes, try not to be stupidly stubborn, and don't lie. Give decent pay and respect is the only way to keep talents.

3. "Great place to work for part time."

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Koodo Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, flexible hours, nice co-workers.

Cons

Not much career advancement. Store experience depends on store manager. Change for the sake of change.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training/hiring more competent store managers. Stop making so many changes to the commission structure.

4. "Meh"

Current Employee - Senior Representative
    Current Employee - Senior Representative

I have been working at Koodo Mobile (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good commission , easy job

Cons

Long hours of standing , erratic scheduling , no such thing as "part time" , no movement beyond coming store manager , favoritism.

Advice to Management

Make standards about scheduling and lower the normal hours for part-times . I've seen people being forced to work 30+hrs during school who are considered part time. Start preparing interested individuals to become future managers instead of being in crisis mode all the time looking for new staff. Make sure that there are no conflict of interests with people when hiring them as I have seen friends of friends get hired and promoted instead of long term employees.

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Koodo Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my co-workers and the great pay, probably the only reason I stayed at the job for two years.

Cons

I think I just got unlucky working for one manager who had an inclination to make sexual comments to and about his female employees. He was also manipulative and completely unprofessional. For example, he yelled at his employees in the front and made inappropriate comments about the girls' boyfriends. Everyone was too afraid to report him, because of the possible negative consequences. Higher management stated to me that there will be no repercussions but they failed to realize how manipulative this one manager was, and honestly from their lack of action I felt that they simply did not care. After I reported him for sexual harassment, they essentially dismissed my claims as there was no proof. Am I supposed to walk around with a recording device on me at all times to provide evidence? I asked HR to interview the other employees who have worked under this certain manager to prove his consistent unprofessional behavior, but they never did. Eventually, I ended up resigning because the manager would change the schedule to make it as inconvenient as possible for me.

Advice to Management

Whilst working at Koodo I worked under three managers and it was just this one manager who lacked human decency, and eventually exposed just how little management cared about their employees. I would recommend this company to take reports such as mine seriously, it was too obvious that my concerns were insignificant.

6. "sales"

I have been working at Koodo Mobile part-time

Pros

- great management
    - good commission
    - flexible hours

Cons

- when there are no customers, theres no commission

7. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Koodo Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, brand is loved by customers and employees are able to make a decent living even working just a part time position.

Cons

I have heard that there is a lack of loyalty within the company, but I can understand that from a business perspective.

8. "Fun and rewarding environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Koodo Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was fortunate enough to work with a great team, in a busy location, and under a very generous commission structure

Cons

Sometimes pressure may develop due to the nature of the sales environment and at times I felt burnt out constantly dealing with customer after customer, especially during the busier Christmas season

Advice to Management

Honestly felt management was awesome but if I did have some advice it would be to open more avenues for advancement within the company so that employees feel more compelled to stay.

9. "Sales Representative"

I worked at Koodo Mobile part-time

Pros

Fun place to work, lots of room to learn and grow; I love how we can access so many free online classes and certificates/programs as part of being an employee!

Cons

Commission has gone downhill recently; it used to be fair and competitive but they've changed the structure multiple times to the point where it is very difficult to make what you were making previously.

Advice to Management

I can recognize the importance of putting value towards stores or sales reps that have the ability to make these numbers, but the should approach the commission structure on a tier-level distinguished by store traffic volume; results would probably be much better.

10. "Was good when I started"

Pros

Good wage for retail comission was decent.

Cons

Company became less employee friendly over time. Took away benefits and vacation bonuses.