Koorsen Fire & Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Randall R. Koorsen

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Koorsen is a solid family owned company with great values and customer service. For employees that have a good work ethic and values, who strive to provide great customer service and want career advancement than Koorsen is a great company to work for. Many of our leaders have risen through the ranks starting as a technician and progressing to Sr. Mgmt. positions.

Cons

Not a good fit for someone that does not have a good work ethic and values.

2. "Tech"

Current Employee - Special Hazard Technician in Fortville, IN
    Current Employee - Special Hazard Technician in Fortville, IN

I have been working at Koorsen Fire & Security (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Customer base and Family

Cons

stay away from politics within company, don't believe what you hear. Company has a lot of managers and not a combination of people who can be a great Leader and Manger at the same time. all mangers no leaders.

Advice to Management

need to take better care of all customers and not just the large accounts. Middle management needs to be understanding of employee and customer needs and not focus on their self's.

3. "Nightmare"

Former Employee - Administrative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Administrative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Koorsen Fire & Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Techs were mostly great guys and fun to work with. This field could be rewarding since you're helping companies protect their assets.

Cons

Constant harassment by a bully for political views. Supervisor did nothing. Was let go and supervisors lied to cover their butts, preventing me from getting unemployment. Don't work here unless you're a white, conservative male.

Advice to Management

Make sure EVERY employee feels welcome.

5. "Systems Tech"

Former Employee - Systems Technician in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Systems Technician in Evansville, IN

Pros

The training center in Indy.
    Decent pay/benefits

Cons

The reason why I would not work for this company is because of the Evansville, IN branch. This branch is a true meaning of favoritism. If you look at the leader structure of the branch you will see they are all friends and were before they took over. Moral was way down when I was there. Only way to move up is to be in their click and even then they will still throw you under the bus to save their own skin. Look at their turn over rate in 2015, not good. They will run the techs to death while they are sitting at home. They treat techs like the lowest form of life in that branch. Koorsen over all is a great company, but they need to listen to their employees when they say there are problems. Corporate knows the issue and just sit back and do nothing. There has been multiple letters sent to corporate about the issues but they are just blown off. Upper tier in the branch either needs to be fired or demoted for the way they treat their "out -of-click" employees. Hard to take time off because of the hectic scheduling. I would still work for Koorsen just at a different branch.

Advice to Management

Quit playing favorites and hiring your buddies for upper management. Treat all employees better. You are no better than any other staff in that building.

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Administrative in Mansfield, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative in Mansfield, OH

I worked at Koorsen Fire & Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wish I could list at least one

Cons

poor training, lacks knowledgeable management and supervision, deceitful behavior, management will not accept responsibility for their mistakes, workload is impossible to complete, and the compensation is not competitive. I would work for a competitor.

Advice to Management

Take an ethics seminar. Take a step back and review your management staff, turn over is a reflection on your company.

7. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Koorsen Fire & Security (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and fairly good pay

Cons

Commission structure seemed to change often and limit overall financial growth

Advice to Management

Marketing the services on a more local basis

"Koorsen, Huber Heights, Ohio"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH

Pros

The sprinkler techs are great to work with. They are respectful and courteous. The other techs are okay and all techs seemed to know their jobs. Phones were answered right away.

Cons

Fire alarm techs seem to be in a hurry or at a nice slow pace. Office staff think that they are the best when customer service is really bad. Management needs to improve especially branch manager. The customer service is not the best and it really needs to improve. Manager does not seem to mind when customers are not happy with their service.

Advice to Management

New branch manager with no interest in office staff.

"Exciting and disappointing"

Former Employee - CAD Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - CAD Technician in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Knowledgeable and courteous staff. Room for advancement. More recogniion and raises for hard work and dedication that undoubtedly goes unnoticed.

Cons

I felt like an outcast being the only female in the engineering department. My supervisor was also male that always "looked out" for his long-time male employess. When differences between myself and my male co-workers arose, the boss always took their word for what happened.

Advice to Management

Hire more females not only in the engineering department, but also throughout the company. The quality of training could also be a little better.

"Don't make the same mistake so many others have unless you're desperate."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

It's a job. Any job is better than being unemployed, but almost any other job would be better than working at Koorsen.

Cons

Ridiculously low pay and terrible benefits. Zero communication, in fact purposely secretive about things people should know. Dishonest management and incompetent co-workers.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over. Pay market wage and attract competent people. Stick to tagging fire extinguishers, it's all you're qualified to do.

11. "Great people."

I worked at Koorsen Fire & Security (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Loved my work.

Cons

Sometime ran too lean. Needed more resources and support staff to accomplish goals & objectives. Compensation was not competitive for my industry and didn't have regular reviews.