Korn Ferry Futurestep Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Byrne K. Mulrooney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Its a professional organisation that treats there staff like adults they have a good work life balance and everyone is working toward the same goal (in 14 reviews)

• Flexible hours (work from home or office) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance not the same across all clients (in 10 reviews)

• No amount of work place harassment complaints against her have helped (in 4 reviews)

1. "Sr. Recruiter"

I have been working at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time

Pros

Salaries are at or above industry standards depending on experience. Solid Time Off Policy. Recruiting Teams are collaborative and positive to work with for the most part.

Cons

Internal movement is almost impossible. If you are good at what you do supporting one of their clients, you will be stuck in that role. Communication between Program Directors and employees as to changes/updates to the team and/or account is poor.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your people. You can be successful in the service/consulting industry with out bending over to client leadership constantly.

2. "Just Run"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teammates and strong brand in the market. Also, ok vacation policy and leave policy.

Cons

Everything you can imagine for not being a good place to work. Definitely a slave mentality among leadership.

Besides they could careless to read these comments. So point made.

Advice to Management

Read, listen and respond to what your employees (not leaders) are saying. The comments on here are REAL and are being read by potential candidates for KF and our clients. We get candidate rejections all the time based on the reviews on here; and leadership, HR and management still refuses to do anything about.

"Brand Consultant"

I worked at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great colleagues and bright leadership.

Cons

Layoffs, sales commitment not in step with operations ability to deliver, dedication to in house technology solutions that do not adequately solve real world recruitment issues . Raises weren't given during the three years I worked here.

4. "Recruiting Coordinator"

Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Korn Ferry Futurestep (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Fair compensation
    excellent paid time off
    good work life balence

Cons

Large company
    no real facetime with managers/higher ups
    unequal compensation/bonuses

5. "Sr Recruiter"

I worked at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to partner with a growing list of Clients which gives employees broad exposure to different industries and resources. Lots of virtual positions available.

Cons

Although executives emphasized in many Town Halls that they care about the employees and employee relations, it was not felt on the day-to-day. Limited personal development or training available for employees.

Advice to Management

Occasionally says Yes to employee's request for their own personal development interest. Otherwise, engagement and morale would be slipping away.

"Do not work here"

I worked at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO and holiday schedule, flexible working schedule, hire some great employees

Cons

They will take advantage of you as soon as they find out your a hard worker. Likely you won’t get promoted, however you will be forced into a position two levels above your pay grade with not much choice. You won’t get an explanation how promotions work and you probably won’t get a performance review unless you are lucky. You will see some people who don’t work very hard get promoted while you don’t even though your working just as hard or not harder. The low performers won’t get in trouble or fired but will make your life miserable. Management won’t address these issues even for employees who work 10-3. Leadership constantly oversells Futurestep’s abilities and products but fails to realize it.

Advice to Management

Give performance reviews to all employees, explain how promotions work, promote employees that are doing jobs way beyond their pay grades, stop overselling products and capabilities, pay for more resources, fire low performers, understand what it’s like to be an individual contributor

"Was a terrible experience with a terrible boss"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office space. Company has great reputation. Diagonal growth opportunities as opposed to lateral.

Cons

Terrible amount of pressure. No commission. Low pay. You are judged by how many times you get out of your seat even to fix a company equipment that doesn't work. You are judged on what the general word is about you and not your performance. They can potentially fire you if you are not a great team fit and this is determined not on performance.

Advice to Management

Hear out the plea of employees if they are being accused of something before judging. Get to know your new hires better. Be more transparent of expectations. Foster better work culture. Be more approachable and supportive along with the higher expectations.

"Steer clear unless you're a recent graduate looking for experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible working in most cases, even if you are on a client site
    -Company shut down between Christmas/New Years
    -Met some AMAZING colleagues who I now work with in my new recruiting role!
    -Great opportunities for recent college graduates to gain experience in customer service/recruiting

Cons

-No merit increases; keep in mind, this is the #1 complaint from employees; when asked WHY, we get the cold shoulder (happened to me 2 years in a row), and it's very unprofessional; beware of this; BE TRANSPARENT! It's not due to performance issues either
    -Bonuses are slim to none and you only get one if your recruiting team does well overall, which means more money from the client = more money for the team to get a bonus; even if you yourself are a rockstar... at the end of the day, we get paid from the money that comes from our clients; if your account doesn't deliver, that will severley affect your bonus payout; again, beware! No one tells you this up front... "up to 10% bonus" is discussed but that really means 0%-3% in most cases. I talked to a LOT of Recruiters on different teams - same deal
    -Shady things going on behind closed doors.... The Director of my last account was letting people go and those people were getting re-assigned to other accounts to save money.... they don't tell you this, they say you're doing a good job but the work is running out; meanwhile, the rest of the team is actually drowning in reqs (I was up to 60 reqs at one point and managed an average of 45).
    -My last Team Lead had a very used car salesman mentality; it's all about filling roles, and he didn't give a hoot about your well-being or concerns... it was all about making the client happy and fill, fill, fill to get money, money, money... any process issues or ideas you had went out the window... I understand the business we're in, but just to paint you a clear picture of what expectations are at this company... some Leaders are not this way, but a good majority are; having a good Leader is key at this company I've learned
    -Very high turnover overall; mainly Mid-to-Upper Level Recruiters that catch on to how everything runs

Advice to Management

What Management doesn't understand is that we all talk (and a good majority of us are fully aware of how this company operates, especially the more Sr. Level Recruiters).... after all, we are Recruiters and like to talk! Merit increases need to be put into place, better bonus plans need to be put into place... (or at least be up front about numbers being down or whatever so that people aren't blindsided when review times comes!!) It's just not fair that the Recruiters exceeding KPI's aren't given what they deserve at all. Lastly, Team Leaders need to tone down the sales pitches... this was a huge turnoff for me, and I'm so much happier where I am right now in Corporate Recruiting

"Disconnected with less than desirable benefits"

I have been working at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- some leaders are really great
    - big name clients that allow you good exposure
    - decent pay
    - great maternity leave policy
    - some ability to work remotely

Cons

- PTO policy is AWFUL. Cannot role any time from year to year so many are having to forfeit weeks of PTO. No way to take it all before 12/31.
    - less than desirable 401K plan with no set match
    - benefit costs going up for 2018 but no merit increase to offset.
    - top leadership is sales oriented only and has no real concept of client interaction at the daily level
    - lack of communication with those who are remote/client on site.

Advice to Management

1. Change the PTO policy where we can carry over at least a week from year to year!
    2. Pay your top performers for the work they do!
    3. Increase communication from leadership to those of us in the clients organizations daily
    4. Do better with the 401k match

"Is this thing on?"

I have been working at Korn Ferry Futurestep full-time

Pros

Great resume builder. Best name in the retained business. It's unfortunate that behind the curtain is a whole different picture.

Cons

Terrible culture. Management doesn't listen to it's people and doesn't blink when the best people leave. Leaders need to look in the mirror and stop ignoring the real problem.

Advice to Management

Time for a change