Kovarus Reviews | Glassdoor

Peter Castaldi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Kovarus full-time

Pros

Kovarus has some great talent all around. I have been so impressed with all of my coworkers skills.

Cons

Communication within the company could be better.

Advice to Management

Improve overall communication and promote from within the company more.

2. "AE"

I worked at Kovarus full-time

Pros

There are (or were) some really good SE's and Project Managers who had a passion for their customers. I think many have moved on.

Cons

Frat house environment. Work hard/play hard is great but if you aren't a biker or golfer or heavy drinker, or if you have a family you would rather spend your off hours with, you will be ostracized.

3. "Was a great organization but has a questionable future."

I have been working at Kovarus full-time

Pros

People. Great people work here.

Cons

Management, leadership, company's overall direction, and employee morale are questionable.

"Disorganized, hostile, and extremely political"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Kovarus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your actual salary is likely to be higher than the industry average, and some of the people who work there are genuinely competent and well-meaning. The coffee machine will spit out a decent cup of joe if you spin and press the knobs correctly.

Cons

Working at Kovarus is like all the worst parts of high school. Backstabbing, secrecy, popularity contests, cliques, and childish behavior combined with unrealistic expectations and tonedeaf management. I've worked at companies both large and small, but never experienced such outright hostility to new people. I experienced unprofessional and offensive behavior there on a regular basis. Their customer base is extremely small relative to their revenue requirements and as such one or two changes can be near-catastrophic for their quarterly results. In summation, it's kind of a mess.

Advice to Management

Cull the "old guard" in the PS organization that treat employees with disrespect and hostility. Be open to the possibility that doubling down on what isn't working is a bad idea.

5. "Thought leadership in a rapidly changing market"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Kovarus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some incredibly bright people at Kovarus - some of the best I've worked with in my career. Lots of experience across a wide variety of technologies. Really focused on making customers happy and bringing a strong solution focus to solve business problems with technology. Very well respected by our technology manufacturers across multiple core competencies - compute, storage, networking, virtualization, cloud, and DevOps. Lots of thought leadership in the company on how to help customers leverage cloud computing - on prem and public cloud.

Fun culture. Always lots of laughter in the office. People genuinely like each other.

Open door policy - able to speak freely and talk about ideas and issues. I've seen several of my ideas adopted and the ones that aren't are always discussed respectfully.

Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. People help each other out a lot. Very strong teamwork environment.

Cons

So focused on helping our customers be successful that we sometimes forget to implement new technologies in our own offices (ie wireless network is a bit outdated).

Growing fast, so a little tougher to keep in touch with all the folks in the other geographical offices.

Advice to Management

Keep the strong culture as grow and continue to bring everyone together. Continue to invest in the technology areas that keep us differentiated as a company.

6. "Great Company; Good Partner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Energetic team ; fast growth, working with some of the top companies in the world; I really like my position, and the ability to continually push the edge of the envelope

Cons

Fast growth leads to adjustments for everyone ; processes can be daunting but they are necessary

"Caution"

Pros

Some great people. 1 to be exact and she's a tough cookie.

Cons

Boys Club mentality. All talk. No walk.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage.

"Avoid this company if possible"

I worked at Kovarus full-time

Pros

Parking is free. You get to weekends off.

Cons

No teamwork. Full of hard headed egotistical people are working in this company. Work hard does not mean success here.

Advice to Management

Please learn to listen and compromise. If you don't have management skills, take sometime to educate yourself.

"Ready? Set? Terrible!"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Kovarus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After I got my new job, I did not have to work with Kovarus ever again! Now I work for a real company as opposed to a fraudulent one. Lots of hyperbole & sycophants at Kovarus. Misery loves company. The Kovarus Open Door Policy is so nice you won’t think twice. Yes you can live in the shadows here as they are rather ample figured. Over the Hill = Ready for Management. Free mints at the receptionist.

Cons

Dress Code is a throwback to Ally McBeal in the 90’s i.e.: MiniSkirt Mondays & Boys in Suits. Your LinkedIn is now their technical marketing? Bizarre compensation plan. Integrated IT Expertise that claims to share the Good, the Bad and the Ugly however in actuality was more like The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Home of the Bay Area's toxic work environment. Micromanagement is made into an art form here by the most pathetic project management office you will ever know.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees on time not later that pay day because of yet another payroll snafu (seriously fire incompetence.) Never mistake kindness for weakness. Claim your Glassdoor presence versus creating faux gleaming reviews. Retain employees through diversity versus chauvinistic monoculture I.e.: stop being an old boys club. Aging jocks need Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Buy real equipment for emerging technologies in your “Kovarus Proven Solution Center” & stop the forced socialization via your bad random attempts at off site events & gatherings.

"One of the fastest growing solution providers for a reason!"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Kovarus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere, work/life balance, and team setting. The principals of the company have an extreme open door policy (as in, their doors are literally open, and right by the front door of the HQ location) and I always felt comfortable bringing any ideas or issues to them. Exceptionally competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

There really are no cons that cannot be said for any solution provider in the same position; you can't experience 80% (or whatever the outrageous number is) growth year of year for several years in a row and not experience some struggles with staffing, direction, and identity. The good news is, management is willing to listen and be agile and adaptable to the demands of its clients and employees, as well as the market in general.

Advice to Management

My tenure at Kovarus was great, and I left strictly for geographical reasons (family wanted to live in SoCal, and Kovarus does not have a presence there yet). I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a fast paced, high energy, rewarding career in the solution provider space.