Kraco Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Lawrence M. Kraines

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "HR Manager"

I have been working at Kraco Enterprises full-time

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

nothing to say at this moment

Advice to Management

expand on programs for the employees

2. "Employment"

I have been working at Kraco Enterprises full-time

Pros

They have a good product line up

Cons

Terrible management, bad atmosphere, no growth

Advice to Management

Crate a team environment

"Marketing / Sales"

I worked at Kraco Enterprises full-time

Pros

Veteran Sales Team still remains but they lost key members in Canada and Bentonville. Dedicated employees and good brands: Goodyear, Glade, Rain X.

Cons

Logistics used to be a strength but Senior Management has traded performance for cost savings. Resulting in upset Retailers across the board, which in turn lost share. Big "On Demand" Air Freshener Scents" launch might be the worst in the industry history led by COO.

Advice to Management

People are voting with their feet and walking out the door. Need to replace both the CEO and COO with modern leadership.

"Not a long term opportunity"

Former Employee - Marketing in Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Compton, CA

I worked at Kraco Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a lot of experience working here, I enjoyed working in my department.

Cons

The Senior leadership team is disorganized and disfunctional, I've sat in meetings where managers were cursed at for things they couldn't control. Kraco is owned by a Private Equity Firm that is all about numbers and when numbers are not met people get laid off. There were roughly 20 people laid off in September 2015, then the following month they acquired another company. i wouldn't trust the CEO or COO who throws people under the bus rather than accepting blame for their failures.

Advice to Management

Stop mismanaging people and stop telling lies.

5. "It is a New KRACO!!!"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Compton, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Compton, CA

I have been working at Kraco Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The current executive team has done a great job correcting all of the previous regimes mis-management. Long term goals have been communicated and the exec. team is fully commited to achieving and most importantly, sustaining those goals. Now with a properly staffed New Product Development department, the new concepts and innovative projects in the pipeline have increased from a handful to over 10 during the last half of 2015 and we have plenty of ideas for refreshing the current products as well.

The Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Warehouse, Logistics, and Maintenance departments are all stepping up and doing their part to make Kraco operate more efficiently. I am not intentionally leaving out any departments either.

Very soon we will have our Milestone process implemented which will help all departments know and understand their responsibilities in the NPD process. We will start bringing Industrial Design's ideas to market even faster during 2016.

The pace of work is what I like and am accustomed to so there is no time to be bored. There are plenty of departmental improvements ready to be headed up which will optimize the communication of product information between departments and make the work easier.

Everyone I have met so far has a genuine desire to do a good job and grow Kraco back into the insanely profitable company it once was (I few decades ago it was able to fund an Indy Car team) so with the new projects in the funnel, new processes being implemented, and seeking out the right talent, I see Kraco making its customers, workers, and parent company very happy in the coming months and years.

Cons

The benefits are probably not where everyone would like them but Kraco tries it's best.

I can understand how people could be scared of working in Compton, but it's not like the location is in a residential neighborhood, it is in an industrial area with people trying to do their jobs. I have not once been worried travelling through Compton on my commute to and from work...even after working until very late.

Previous lack of processes has caused the business to become inefficient, lower peoples morale and comittment to the business but as mentioned above, that is getting worked out.

I did not rate the CEO because it is not the current CEO.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward with the improvements. The benefits to everything being done right now will come to fruition very soon.

"Tough Place"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

Pros

Work isn't hard. Good 9-5 paycheck.

Cons

Lots of turnover. Numbers matter, not people

"Old fashion, out of date company that didn't have any business ethics, no originality."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Compton, CA

Pros

At one point, the only thing that really kept me there were the employees, the good people that I had been working with since I started. But they either got fired or let go. We were in the innovations side of the business, which was not valued by the company as a whole. If you are looking for originality, this is not the place for you.

Cons

There was nowhere to grow in this company and it just felt like it would be closing down any minute, no job security. People's jobs were on the line at all times. You never knew who was going to be cut next. Not worth my career time.

8. "Not bad"

Pros

The lunch is great. People are friendly. Employees get free air freshners.

Cons

Terribly boring and no windows.

Advice to Management

Rock on

9. "Kraco Ent has revamped their vision and focus more on employee and customer satisfaction."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Compton, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Compton, CA

I have been working at Kraco Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kraco is a good company for employment.

Cons

Kraco has some issues management is working on for the betterment of the corporation.

Advice to Management

The new concept of giving more leadership to the employees is really a good initiative to developing a broader participation of all individuals who are operating daily to get the job done. Thank you for making the change!

"What is everyone doing in their offices?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

I worked at Kraco Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The whole organizations wants to process sales orders

Cons

There are no benefits of working for this organization. There is no mentorship or leadership in this organization. People dont respond to emails. They dont show upto meetings. They cancel meetings. They dont understand their job functions. Employee lack basic job skills. Company is afraid to fire the older work force for fear of lawsuits. This the the worsst employer I have ever experienced. Stay away from them. They need to be reported to the better business bureau. Nepotism is prevalent in this organization.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office and connect with your team members. We know it is a bad economy but you were hired for a reason. Are you here just to keep YOUR job and to fire everybody else?