Kraft Heinz Company Marketing Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bernardo Hees

Pros
Cons
  • Hard work life balance during high travel (in 191 reviews)

• no work/life balance due to lack of definition of tasks (in 50 reviews)

"Mixed feelings"

Former Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good team spirit, overall culture prior to merger

Cons

Hard to balance work and personal life, if you don't work at all times there are no promotion opportunities

Advice to Management

Value the people who make the company successful

2. "marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Dorado, PR
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Dorado, PR

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company (More than a year)

Pros

finance processing important company, compensation at par with industry, great brands

Cons

process too many, few growth opportunities, many changes ocurring beacuse company is in constant changes

"The good, bad, ugly"

Former Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Northfield, IL
    Former Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Northfield, IL

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company use to offer great benefits and a competitive salary and provided resources to help you expand your career (tuition reimbursement, mentorship, web-based training seminars, etc.).

Cons

Driven by corporate politics - you have to be able to play the game or know someone at the top to survive! Not a culture that motivates or inspires its employees!

Advice to Management

None - they do not listen!

4. "Analytics Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Market Research Manager in Northfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Market Research Manager in Northfield, IL

Pros

Stable Company with good work life balance

Cons

Declining Share across most categories

Advice to Management

Contemporize the portfolio

5. "Great Company, but Changing"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance is great, good benefits and competitive pay

Cons

Large organization, difficult to get things done in a timely manner. Lots of processes that slow things down.

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Northfield, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Northfield, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, good people, focus on improving the company's performance

Cons

Uncertainty, Heinz merger, limited opportunities for growth

Advice to Management

Learn from the Heinz experience & don't do a repeat performance here

"Moral low as the day of the bloodletting"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with great talent and people. Dont know how much longer employees will take it.

Cons

Talented workers leaving, penny pinching, all projects are based on cost out, no innovation in pipeline because they dont want to spend money for it. Implenting Voluntary Resignation Program makes its worse. Everyone wants to leave but realistically not viable with the current job markets so your're stuck. Some are lucky and can take it. I dont think 3G knows what to do with a big food company. Benefits are being taken away.
    I could write much more but dont have space.

Advice to Management

Stop planting these positive reviews. They have to be from the people who are in HR who want to average out reviews. Listen to the real employees!

"Glad I got out"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Penn Pitt, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Penn Pitt, PA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with
    Dedicated sales force
    International assignments available

Cons

Slow and avoidance to change
    Not much of a support system from the manager
    Senior management short sighted

Advice to Management

Very happy to have left on my own accord - as so many of my co-workers were dropped either in a large layoff or the major cutting that happened with the takeover. One of the biggest things I didn't get to see was your NEVER LET AN EMPLOYEE FAIL policy. It was what drew me to the company, but what I actually saw was try and make an employee fail at every opportunity you can. Little to no training in the field I was working in. No interest in change even though you were losing against competition on a regular basis. Why roll out plans only to cancel them all after the first quarter numbers come in? This creates a great deal of customer irritation of not being able to follow through. The "360" review process leaves little to be admired when it's always a one way street. Hardest place I ever worked with the least results. There is happiness after Heinz.

"Very Strange, Uncertain Times"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Heinz is a company with iconic brands and a rich history. People, in most cases, are fantastic - down to earth, smart and collaborative. The company is a great source of pride in the city of Pittsburgh.

Cons

Since the company went private, it has certainly undergone many changes. The new owners/operators (3G Capital) have slashed costs and vastly changed the work environment. Some of this was for the better. The company truly needed to be re-invented after the egomaniac Bill Johnson ran it into a wall. Getting rid of him was the best thing that could have happened to the company. He deserved to be kicked to the curb, not be rewarded with over $200 million. Many would not be comfortable with the changes 3G is making. But they're smart people and they certainly practice their principles. In 2-3 years, once the company is past the current rough patch, it will likely be the model for efficiency and profitability. However, right now, there are many questionable choices being made that I feel will negatively impact product quality and customer service. I personally believe that 3G wasn't fully aware of how lean the company already was, how many of the product categories are extremely challenged, and how very little they know about the grocery business (very different than a beer distributor model, or the fast food franchise model - both of which were part of their previous turnaround stories). As a result, they are scrambling to make this latest venture work, and the progress is extremely clunky. Re-organization is constant (before they give it enough time to see if it's going to work, they don't see results, and just re-org again), people are constantly being fired, no one feels any job security, and leadership does a tremendously poor job of communicating.

Advice to Management

Admit what you don't know. When people push back and try to do the right thing, firing to silence them is not the right move. Just for a moment, consider that they may be keeping you from making a mistake. Also, cutting costs, pressuring suppliers and pushing employees to the brink only gets results up to a point. Once you pass the breaking point, all of your so-called "values" fall apart. Plaster the words "consumer first," "quality" and "integrity on the walls all you want. People are not so dumb to see that your actions don't back it up.

10. "A great ride"

Former Contractor - Senior Marketing Manager in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Contractor - Senior Marketing Manager in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a contract consultant in marketing there were plenty of interesting and challenging projects to manage with a friendly & intelligent group of professionals.

Cons

None. Was sorry they closed the Tarrytown office. Wishing all of my coworkers a successful next step.