Kraft Heinz Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Bernardo Hees

2,845 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is a excellent at Kraft" (in 146 reviews)

• "Great people to work with and learn from" (in 142 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is not so good" (in 257 reviews)

• "No work life balance (11 hour days have become the norm)" (in 71 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Motivated and Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - Product Development Manager in Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Product Development Manager in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and the company are very motivated to succeed in a transforming retail and consumer environment. Management is very supportive of innovation and the new ideas that will drive portfolio and work process changes to meet the business needs. My work group has a real sense of community and support. Generous PTO and other benefits. Communication is very open and honest. Leadership is very approachable.

Cons

No major issues. The external forces in the food and beverage industry make it harder to overlap past performance. I think Kraft Heinz is making many tough decisions to best succeed in this space.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the bold direction. Our investment in business and product innovation will continue to drive improvements and attract great people.

Kraft Heinz Company Response

Oct 1, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Thank you for your feedback! We know that the KHC culture isn't for everyone, but we continue to support an environment where team members have the opportunity to dream big and make an impact... More

2. "Great, challenging work environment"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Very hardworking and sharp employees, that are both driven to perform at their best as well as help others develop their skills/knowledge and get up to speed
    2) Well-known brands that I grew up with-- it's fun to have the opportunity to try to shape how our brands evolve with a changing consumer environment
    3) As one of the largest food companies, there are a ton of opportunities within this one office. Easy to move to a different function, with and without prior experience in the area (as long as you've demonstrated the ability and eagerness to learn)
    4) Great office with awesome views of the city. Open floor layout makes interaction with teammates and leadership easier and more frequent

Cons

Not a good fit for everybody. I wouldn't work here if you are not motivated by challenging targets, unwilling to work extra hours to finish a project, or want short-term and day-to-day perks (we don't get as much free food as you'd expect, but we have solid performance-based bonus potential and occasional other office-wide events)

3. "Tons of career opportunities and collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment with tons of opportunities to either create something new or improve already existing products or processes. Culture that is very open to change and allows for risk taking!

Cons

Large company so sometimes things can take a while to move...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Packer/Service person"

Former Employee - Production Service Petrson/Packer in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Production Service Petrson/Packer in Davenport, IA

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like it, great benefits.

Cons

At that time I was emmployed people did grong procedures to bomp people from jobs even to discualify others to pbtain tha pisition they wanted. It happened to me, I have being applying gor a job and they do not called me, I went to the offices to ask why if they hire others co workers I knew, and they told me they csn not tell me why.

Advice to Management

None

""Culture" is just a word with this company"

Current Employee - Customer Retail Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Retail Manager

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced
    - Many job openings due to departures

Cons

- Company culture is non-existent
    - Every last penny of revenue is squeezed out at the employee's expense
    - Controlled by private equity firms who do not understand the US grocery business
    - Very poor pro-life balance expectations for even entry level employees

Advice to Management

Middle level managers all the way up to C-level management pass unrealistic and unhealthy expectations down. Everyone suffers.

"Not an inspiring place to work"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

1. Location
    2. Like with any company there are good people there

Cons

1. No true meritocracy. The company equates a large number of promotions and movements as meritocracy. There are a chosen few, fitting a certain criteria, who are promoted quickly. In some instances promotions cannot be justified, but is rationalized because the person has been deemed to have “potential” (which is not meritocracy).

2. Questionable business practices and short sighted decisions in the quest to obtain a bonus.

3. Speaking of bonus many did not receive for the prior year (even if they met all of their goals). No visibility into how the company is trending towards obtaining the bonus. In 2017 Management deceptively strang everyone along when they knew in advance many would not receive a bonus.

4. Not as efficient as we could be because the lack of good systems, processes, and high turnover.

5. Not collaboration - First priority are personal MBOs and not what is best for the company.

6. KHC is not a good business partner for their suppliers.

Advice to Management

Recognize everyone is not motivated by money. KHC is not an inspiring place to work so don’t be surprised that many people are disgruntled and have “checked out.
    You should start caring about the reputation of the company.

7. "Off Shift Complex Manager"

Current Employee - Off Shift Complex Manager in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Off Shift Complex Manager in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best companies I have had the opportunity to work for. If your willing to drive hard and put in the effort you will see that your achievements will not go unnoticed. The wages are competitive, the people are great, and the doors that open for you will help build that strong foundation that make careers great!

Cons

If your driving hard for success it can take time from home. The company does offer great vacation benefits though. You have to keep the family happy!

Advice to Management

Keep driving and engaging employees to be more involved with the process. We have seen great things come from this!

8. "Unbelievable Opportunities for Those Willing to Put in the Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay. Excellent benefits. Excellent bonus opportunity.
    For being such a large company, the management structure is pretty flat, allowing managers to really have a big impact on the business and be key drivers of success. The company is very focused on growing and promoting "up-and-coming" talent.

Cons

The company is ran very lean. So, coming into a position with KraftHeinz, you have to be able to rely on your own expertise and tenacity to get things accomplished. There's no one else there to prop you up.
    The culture is very focused on cost cutting in all areas with the exception of Product Quality, and Employee Pay and Benefits. For example, business cards are not in the budget. I describe Kraft Heinz as a "no-frills" employer. It's not a bad thing. Just different.
    Because the company is so large, there are workflows to control just about everything. However, the processes are so segmented and departmentalized that no one understands the entire process. So, when an internal process gets hung-up, it many times doesn't get caught right away, and no one knows how to fix it to allow the process to keep moving forward.

Advice to Management

Be more strategic with cost cutting. At times it seems that we make decisions that save pennies in the short-term, but cost us dollars in the long-term.
    We need experienced mentors in the organization. It's a very good thing that we focus on hiring smart, rising talent. But, inexperienced employees, no matter how good, don't know what they don't know. We need more mentors in the business to guide our rising stars.
    Fix all of the internal work flows. It seems that every single process is disjointed and inefficient. Designate process owners and hold them accountable for understanding their process from start to end, and make contact information readily available for when employees need help with a process.

"Lack of Knowledge and Patience Game"

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

Benefits and laid back managers.

Cons

Some people are promoted too fast with lack of true experience, knowledge, & how to develop the people they manage professionally. Lack of training in product R&D promotes unprofessionalism and not developing confident developers. Managers don't really manage and hold developers accountable. The environment is too lax and lack of opportunities to create the next big product.

Advice to Management

Create a training program for developers and a program for managers to learn how to manage & help develop their teams. Stop promoting scientists too fast – I preferred to work with a Sr. Scientist who has lots of knowledge whose been with the company for 8-9 years vs. a Sr. Scientist who came into the Corporate Management Trainee program who has been promoted too fast with 2 years of experience but isn't knowledgeable and confident in what they do. Management should also be identifying top talent and supporting them.

"food scientist"

Former Employee - Food Scientist in Glenview, IL
    Former Employee - Food Scientist in Glenview, IL

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative enivronment, opportunity to work on exciting big projects, good PTO

Cons

3G makes everything about dollars and cents, poor benefits, no opportunity to grow, extremely political and don't invest back in people. Employees had to fight for a working computer, mouse or dual monitor, we weren't given the resources to be successful for such a large company

Kraft Heinz Company Response

Aug 31, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Thank you for your note. I am disappointed to hear that you didn't feel supported from a resources point of view. We are always trying to improve and your feedback is valuable. I will make sure to... More

Showing 2,845 of 3,008 reviews