Kraft Heinz Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2,926 reviews

3.1
Bernardo Hees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance is a excellent at Kraft" (in 149 reviews)

• "Lots of resonsibility, great people who are very fun to work with" (in 145 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is truly what you make it as well" (in 267 reviews)

• "No work life balance (11 hour days have become the norm)" (in 73 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great, challenging work environment"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Very hardworking and sharp employees, that are both driven to perform at their best as well as help others develop their skills/knowledge and get up to speed
    2) Well-known brands that I grew up with-- it's fun to have the opportunity to try to shape how our brands evolve with a changing consumer environment
    3) As one of the largest food companies, there are a ton of opportunities within this one office. Easy to move to a different function, with and without prior experience in the area (as long as you've demonstrated the ability and eagerness to learn)
    4) Great office with awesome views of the city. Open floor layout makes interaction with teammates and leadership easier and more frequent

Cons

Not a good fit for everybody. I wouldn't work here if you are not motivated by challenging targets, unwilling to work extra hours to finish a project, or want short-term and day-to-day perks (we don't get as much free food as you'd expect, but we have solid performance-based bonus potential and occasional other office-wide events)

Nov 9, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

I think you have summed up our culture nicely. We believe in allowing our team an opportunity to move to different departments to continue to develop professionally. It's that ocean of opportunity... More

"Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Differentiated career paths: grow at your pace
    - Potential to impact: If you want, you can do exactly what you want how you want to

Cons

- Lack of clarity: sometimes its not totally clear what you are responsible for vs other teams
    - Budget considerations: The company is cautious on how money is spent, so headcount and CAPEX resources are very limited

Advice to Management

Revisit the focus on bottom line (ZBB), the only sustainable way to grow is focusing on top line growth

Nov 15, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

It sounds like you are finding your time at KHC professionally fulfilling. So, yay! I can see how things seem murky from time to time, but we are constantly working to add clarity and level-set... More

"Great people, intense culture at Kraft"

Pros

Lots of resonsibility, great people who are very fun to work with

Cons

Little training due to the fact that people have so much on their plates

"Overall, good job."

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

Good pay, great people, advancement opportunities.

Cons

Declining benefits, struggling to find an identity.

Advice to Management

Be part of the team, understand what happens on the shop floor instead of delegating.

"Customer Category Manager - Oscar Mayer"

Former Employee - Customer Category Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Category Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, leadership and meritocracy system

Cons

Nothing negative I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because is working globally. Continue to transition all brands to non-gmo/organic.

Dec 10, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Your review makes me so happy! I am glad you are enjoying your time here. - Elizabeth

6. "Kraft Heinz Company as a Career"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Upward mobility with career progression based on performance and meritocracy

2. Job experiences allow you to develop a full skill set that incorporates Finance, Sales, Logistics, Brand Management (overall Business Acumen)

3. In Sales you represent brands that have high household penetration and Consumer recognition and loyalty

Cons

1. MBO goals are not always aligned across functions and can be unrealistic to deliver

2. Functional silos create inefficiencies between HQ and Sales

3. Focus on costs can sometimes sub-optimize ability to drive top-line revenue

Advice to Management

1. Continue to focus on efficiencies and breaking down functional silos

2. Align MBO targets across functions and make stretch but realistic

3. Continue to invest in people (attracting the best talent, training current talent)

Dec 10, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

This is such good feedback. I will pass this on. - Elizabeth

"Business Development Trainee"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

The trainee program allows you to really be exposed to different parts of the business and gives you the tools you need to succeed at the company

Cons

Communication between HQ and other teams could improve

Nov 30, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Good con there. I will pass your feedback along. - Elizabeth

8. "Dive Right In"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

From day 1 you are working on big projects and handed a lot of responsibility. It's fun but does require long hours from time to time.

Cons

No frills office. No food perks, but our benefits and bonus structure is solid.

Nov 28, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Thanks for your feedback. I'm so happy you are finding your time here fulfilling. - Elizabeth

9. "Business Development Trainee Program"

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time

Pros

Kraft Heinz heavily invests in their 3 trainee programs. There are 2 weeks of training to start the program and one week at the end of the program. The ability to be out in the field and interact with the customers is a unique opportunity that trainees experience for 5-6 months. Additionally, the salary and benefits are excellent.

Cons

The company often looks to grow sales through M&A and should continue to put an emphasis on new products/innovations to grow organic sales.

Advice to Management

Kraft Heinz's culture is based on employee's taking responsibility for their own careers giving employees countless opportunities to try new roles and move up quickly in the company.

Nov 28, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

Thank you for your input! I am glad you are having a positive experience here. Yay! - Elizabeth

10. "In store sales partner"

Current Employee - In Store Sales Partner
    Current Employee - In Store Sales Partner

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Benefits (401k match, bonus, company car, gas, health, PTO, floating holidays): Better than the industry average. You get your car both for work and personal use and kraft pays for gas. Beware you’ll be paying for the lease though.

- Work/life balance: it’s what you make of it, the role itself has you on your own out on the road for the most part. Put in the hours and the work and you will be good. You manage your time and workload.

- Training iniciatives: good focus on deceloping their ISPs, focusing on top performers.

- Advancement: they do push to promote over hiring from outside, the opportunities are there, but you have to be willing to relocate if you don’t want to wait around for long.

Cons

- Commute: if your territory is far or spread out, that will take away a lot of your time. At least they provide the car and gas.

- Communication: could be better between business units and frontline sales reps. The more info you share with us, the better chances we’ll have of succeeding.

- Bonus tax: completly overlooked this when I got hired. Bonus is still above industry avg but being taxed as such means it will come out to less than what comission does.

Advice to Management

Heading in the right direction, explain what you ask from ISPs with more detail.
    Work on better ways for us to showcase our talent with top management. A lot of high performers get overlooked by top management very easily.
     All areas are different and current KPIs don’t reflect performance accurately. Look for consistency on results on top of pretty and loud displays.
    Try rerouting within the same areas and reasign some accounts to different ISPs. True top performers should succeed regardless of what accounts they have. This eliminates the “luck of the draw” factor.

Nov 28, 2018 – Senior Manager Employer Brand

This is good stuff. You bring up some excellent points that I will share with our leadership team. Overall, though it seems like are having a good experience at KHC and that makes me happy... More