Kraft Heinz Company Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bernardo Hees

Pros
Cons
  • Hard work life balance during high travel (in 189 reviews)

• no work/life balance due to lack of definition of tasks (in 49 reviews)

"Welcome to Hell"

Current Employee - Demand Planner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Demand Planner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll learn alot then in turn lose years off your life

Cons

Everything. Theres alot of opportunity to grow but that's because everyone quits

Advice to Management

Leave the country

2. "Not what it used to be..."

Current Employee - Processing Operato in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Processing Operato in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent money. Nothing else good about it.

Cons

High turn around, low morale, no supervision, management is lost, no direction. Ever since Heinz took over this place has gone downhill. They cut, cut, cut to the bone, then wonder why there aren't enough people to run the place efficiently. Supervisors know little to nothing about the goings on out on the floor. They are constantly shuffled from shift to shift and are never engaged with their people. Lackadaisical attitude towards everything. "I don't know how to do that, the next shift will get it, etc" No ownership. If an operator makes a mistake or screws up they are disciplined with a swift and heavy hand. If you are anything above a floor operator you have a huge target on your back. You never know if your job will be eliminated from day to the next. One positive I guess is that when they eliminate jobs (which they do alot) the job goes away, not the employee. They just say you are doing this job now. Like it or leave basically. If you are not a machine operator and are close to retirement you might as well pack your bags because your going to be done soon. They cut out all OT but now can't sustain production because of lack of people. Temporary service provides (mostly) good employees but they make a fraction of what a full timer makes doing the same job.

Advice to Management

None. They won't listen anyway. They are merely puppets that are controlled by corporate back east somewhere.

"Associate Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High salaries, big bonuses if company does well, great location, fast promotions of you're willing to work 12-14 hour days.

Cons

This place is an absolute sweat shop with no sense of prioritization and no respect for the employees. They draw you in with big money and "meritocracy" but mislead you on how terrible the culture really is. The honeymoon period lasts about 3 months if you're lucky enough to work on some cool products, but quickly wears off when you realize you're doing the workload of a 5-person role with half the resources. Please read the reviews before taking a job here and don't get caught up in the big salaries - trust me, it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Take time to train and develop new employees. If you're goal is highest profitability, you need motivated and happy employees to get you there.

"HEINZ - The Pittsburgh Company"

Current Employee - Automaton in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Automaton in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initially things were great at the company and then it went through the transition of being bought by 3G and Berkshire Hathaway. Naturally, a rocky road of change was to be expected; however, it was an endlessly distraught, dysfunctional pathway for a majority of the different departments within the company until they eventually just slimmed and slimmed until they could justify completely removing even more people.

Cons

Too many to elucidate sadly. Working there was like being in the Lord of the Flies book, where the facade of civilization dissolved and people wouldn't even flinch to sacrifice others for the hope of saving themselves. And those people would be moved around instead of penalized, and then eventually would receive a "voluntary severance package" to leave the company, simply so the company didn't have to own up to the fact that they passively forced people out.

Advice to Management

I sincerely hope that most of you are never end up in a position of "power" again, because you were clueless, inhumane, and entirely ineffectual.

"Employees are just a number. Caucasians are at a disadvantage. Favoritism and Brazilian is how you win here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't say much. Benefits were cut. Anything to boost employee morale was cut - Kraft Heinz doesn't really discount its own products nor provide any snacks to employees. Only pro was free water and coffee

Cons

Leadership. Morale. Hire young and inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

"Negativity at it's best"

Former Employee - Auditor in Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Muscatine, IA

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hourly wage was good for the area.

Cons

Where to start..this used to be a great company and had employees that felt like family. Upon my leaving everyone was at each others throats. Morale was down. Supervisors would not stand up for long term employees. Management only cares about getting their numbers out and NOT the quality of the product. I cannot for the life of me understand how a major food company would NOT want to care about the quality of their products. Union is a joke for hourly employees and they only fight for those they choose to fight for..after paying for Union dues for almost 20 years they did NOTHING for me when I seriously needed them. Daily scheduling is super hard on employees and scheduling and management do not care...you can be scheduled 8 hours but can get forced to work 12 and get threatened to work more or lose your job if you refuse. Seriously think the original owners of Heinz would be horrified to hear of all the negative things going on in a company they loved for so long. It has gotten run to the ground since the takeover from Warren Buffet and now with the merge with Kraft, I honestly do not know how the company in Muscatine is still open, especially after the gravy recall in 2016. My advice to people working there currently...do NOT be surprised when the place shuts down, due to the company's lack of wanting to spend money to fix machines that are older then dirt, poor judgement calls on quality of the product and several other issues I hope to god no one ever seriously gets poisoned or hurt by eating/using their products. I have so many stories I could tell about this company but I just don't have the time or room.

Advice to Management

Hard to give advice to management when they leave just as fast as hourly workers do. Advice to new members of management..treat your production workers with respect..they are the ones putting out the product and making the product. Start caring about the quality of product you are shipping out and do NOT worry about getting those numbers out..pretty soon those numbers are NOT going to matter when you keep sending out bad product...No customers are going to be buying this product if it continues to be bad and have recall issues. I no I will not be buying things made in Muscatine. I know what goes on there and I can just imagine it only got worse after I left. Take a look at ex employees that may try to come back..not everyone that left is a bad person..some got forced to leave through no choice of their own but the companies policies on medical leave and such. And long term employees that did one job 25+ years ago may not be able to do that same job today but are able to do other jobs and should NOT have to go to a doctor every year telling you that.

"Do not work here- Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Research and Development in Warrendale, PA
    Former Employee - Research and Development in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they had lots of talented people- no pros here

Cons

way to many to list. could write a novel

Advice to Management

You are ruining the lives of the employees. You dont care about the employees. Maybe you showed a little respect. people would not leave in droves

"unfair treatment"

Former Employee - General Laborer in Granite City, IL
    Former Employee - General Laborer in Granite City, IL

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money was good when you got the seniority

Cons

Takes alot to get up to good pay you have to have alot of seniority alot of years and take alot of crap. If you are not a certain type of behind kisser your screwed, people take extra long breaks and lunches and dont get in trouble and then the people who try to do the right thing are gone a few min to long get punished

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly start watching more than just the people that have been accused of doing wrong. your watching the wrong people try working 3rd shift and everyone not just small people

"TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Associate Finance Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Finance Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company store gives up to 10% discount in products
    The views of Chicago from the office are nice, very nice

Cons

Not a meritocracy, if you're not brazilian chances are you're not getting ahead in your career.
    No work balance and very unethical environment, no sense of direction. You will HATE working here, please read the other reviews.

Advice to Management

Fire the CFO

"Don't work here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good pay and co workers are great

Cons

I don't even know where to begin... just don't work here. The work/life balance is terrible, and you won't be able to move up much unless you are Brazilian. Dont get me wrong, I love my Brazilian co workers and If I were them I would take advantage as well, but they also know about the unfair treatment that they get. During the hiring process, they're going to throw out words like 'meritocracy' and 'ownership'. That is just code for 'lack of managerial support' and 'have way too many responsibilities for one person so you have to take your work home'. Everyone is stretched so thin that people have so many priorities-that nothing is a priority anymore. This company only cares about cutting costs and bottom line growth, but this can only be temporary. They're not worried about their long term growth or their consumers. Everyone who works here knows that it is just slowly dying. You cant just keep cutting costs and expect more people to buy the products. I will say though, there are some people who thrive in this environment-- people who make their entire lives about work and would be okay with staying at the office until 8 or 9 pm.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees

Showing 525 of 2,317 reviews