Kraft Heinz Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2,272 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,272 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Hard work life balance during high travel (in 194 reviews)

• no work/life balance due to lack of definition of tasks (in 52 reviews)

"Not what it used to be..."

Current Employee - Processing Operato in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Processing Operato in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent money. Nothing else good about it.

Cons

High turn around, low morale, no supervision, management is lost, no direction. Ever since Heinz took over this place has gone downhill. They cut, cut, cut to the bone, then wonder why there aren't enough people to run the place efficiently. Supervisors know little to nothing about the goings on out on the floor. They are constantly shuffled from shift to shift and are never engaged with their people. Lackadaisical attitude towards everything. "I don't know how to do that, the next shift will get it, etc" No ownership. If an operator makes a mistake or screws up they are disciplined with a swift and heavy hand. If you are anything above a floor operator you have a huge target on your back. You never know if your job will be eliminated from day to the next. One positive I guess is that when they eliminate jobs (which they do alot) the job goes away, not the employee. They just say you are doing this job now. Like it or leave basically. If you are not a machine operator and are close to retirement you might as well pack your bags because your going to be done soon. They cut out all OT but now can't sustain production because of lack of people. Temporary service provides (mostly) good employees but they make a fraction of what a full timer makes doing the same job.

Advice to Management

None. They won't listen anyway. They are merely puppets that are controlled by corporate back east somewhere.

"Associate Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High salaries, big bonuses if company does well, great location, fast promotions of you're willing to work 12-14 hour days.

Cons

This place is an absolute sweat shop with no sense of prioritization and no respect for the employees. They draw you in with big money and "meritocracy" but mislead you on how terrible the culture really is. The honeymoon period lasts about 3 months if you're lucky enough to work on some cool products, but quickly wears off when you realize you're doing the workload of a 5-person role with half the resources. Please read the reviews before taking a job here and don't get caught up in the big salaries - trust me, it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Take time to train and develop new employees. If you're goal is highest profitability, you need motivated and happy employees to get you there.

"HEINZ - The Pittsburgh Company"

Current Employee - Automaton in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Automaton in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initially things were great at the company and then it went through the transition of being bought by 3G and Berkshire Hathaway. Naturally, a rocky road of change was to be expected; however, it was an endlessly distraught, dysfunctional pathway for a majority of the different departments within the company until they eventually just slimmed and slimmed until they could justify completely removing even more people.

Cons

Too many to elucidate sadly. Working there was like being in the Lord of the Flies book, where the facade of civilization dissolved and people wouldn't even flinch to sacrifice others for the hope of saving themselves. And those people would be moved around instead of penalized, and then eventually would receive a "voluntary severance package" to leave the company, simply so the company didn't have to own up to the fact that they passively forced people out.

Advice to Management

I sincerely hope that most of you are never end up in a position of "power" again, because you were clueless, inhumane, and entirely ineffectual.

"Employees are just a number. Caucasians are at a disadvantage. Favoritism and Brazilian is how you win here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't say much. Benefits were cut. Anything to boost employee morale was cut - Kraft Heinz doesn't really discount its own products nor provide any snacks to employees. Only pro was free water and coffee

Cons

Leadership. Morale. Hire young and inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

5. "Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The finance team are some of the best people I have ever worked with. I have learned so much and everyone is willing to share information. The plant manager is very approachable and you can tell he cares about the success of the employees.

Cons

Spouses may not be allowed to work at the same plant.

Advice to Management

Please review the spouse employee policy.

"Struggling to find its way as a leader in food manufacturing"

Current Employee - Engineering in Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home, relatively updated location, company store, cafeteria, health club, looks and sounds pretty.

Cons

Not as progressive as I would have thought a leading food company would be. Need to understand the phrase"state of the art" before using it to describe your facilities.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the future. We all have a salary to work for, and not just a bonus. Need to keep up with the times and pay employees competitively. Too many inexperienced employees, and incompetent managment.

"Negativity at it's best"

Former Employee - Auditor in Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Muscatine, IA

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hourly wage was good for the area.

Cons

Where to start..this used to be a great company and had employees that felt like family. Upon my leaving everyone was at each others throats. Morale was down. Supervisors would not stand up for long term employees. Management only cares about getting their numbers out and NOT the quality of the product. I cannot for the life of me understand how a major food company would NOT want to care about the quality of their products. Union is a joke for hourly employees and they only fight for those they choose to fight for..after paying for Union dues for almost 20 years they did NOTHING for me when I seriously needed them. Daily scheduling is super hard on employees and scheduling and management do not care...you can be scheduled 8 hours but can get forced to work 12 and get threatened to work more or lose your job if you refuse. Seriously think the original owners of Heinz would be horrified to hear of all the negative things going on in a company they loved for so long. It has gotten run to the ground since the takeover from Warren Buffet and now with the merge with Kraft, I honestly do not know how the company in Muscatine is still open, especially after the gravy recall in 2016. My advice to people working there currently...do NOT be surprised when the place shuts down, due to the company's lack of wanting to spend money to fix machines that are older then dirt, poor judgement calls on quality of the product and several other issues I hope to god no one ever seriously gets poisoned or hurt by eating/using their products. I have so many stories I could tell about this company but I just don't have the time or room.

Advice to Management

Hard to give advice to management when they leave just as fast as hourly workers do. Advice to new members of management..treat your production workers with respect..they are the ones putting out the product and making the product. Start caring about the quality of product you are shipping out and do NOT worry about getting those numbers out..pretty soon those numbers are NOT going to matter when you keep sending out bad product...No customers are going to be buying this product if it continues to be bad and have recall issues. I no I will not be buying things made in Muscatine. I know what goes on there and I can just imagine it only got worse after I left. Take a look at ex employees that may try to come back..not everyone that left is a bad person..some got forced to leave through no choice of their own but the companies policies on medical leave and such. And long term employees that did one job 25+ years ago may not be able to do that same job today but are able to do other jobs and should NOT have to go to a doctor every year telling you that.

"Do not work here- Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Research and Development in Warrendale, PA
    Former Employee - Research and Development in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they had lots of talented people- no pros here

Cons

way to many to list. could write a novel

Advice to Management

You are ruining the lives of the employees. You dont care about the employees. Maybe you showed a little respect. people would not leave in droves

"Maintenance Planner"

Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Planner in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Will soon be operating in a new plant.

Cons

Job reductions resulting in less Maintenance Planners.

Advice to Management

Be honest and listen to your equipment experts.

"Good money bad environment"

Current Employee - Filler, Pouch Room Operator in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Filler, Pouch Room Operator in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Kraft Heinz Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money; with overtime you can clock 30/hour easy
    Good benefits

Cons

There is a very strong fear culture since the buyout; everyone is afraid of losing their jobs, since new management uses Zero Based budgeting and doesn't mind laying off workers who have been there 25 years if it means saving a little money. We can't even use color copies anymore, and they did away with company perks like holiday turkey giveaway. Just a lot of hours, lots of stress and turnover.

Advice to Management

Stand up to Corporate for your local staff. I know that is a long shot, and we all feel like we have to save our own necks, but the micromanagement is getting ridiculous. You say to act like owners....DO IT!

Showing 2,272 of 2,372 reviews