Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews about "merger"

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 175 of over 5,297 reviews

3.5
Kraft Heinz Company CEO Miguel Patricio
Miguel Patricio

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The great people that are left need to figure out if they want to stay and tough it out or find something else.(in 349 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and vacation days are nice(in 250 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and there are still some people left from the old Kraft Foods(in 240 reviews)
  • "job stability and good salary(in 104 reviews)
  • "Great opportunities to identify problems and provide creative solutions almost immediately.(in 104 reviews)
Cons
  • "There is no work/life balance (I worked nights & weekends when not in the office(in 240 reviews)
  • "Management is poor at communicating and leaders don't step up and lead!(in 189 reviews)
  • "The culture is terrible and the turnaround of staff at all levels is ridiculous.(in 179 reviews)
  • "People are stressed to perform well in the quarterly reviews and spend long hours at the office.(in 112 reviews)
  • "HR spends more time defending poor leadership behavior and choices than trying to change it and join the 21st century.(in 103 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kraft Heinz Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "merger"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Turnaround or Whatever it is, Things are Getting Better

Dec 20, 2019 - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I believe you really need two separate reviews: 1) Kraft Heinz as a company and then 2) Your experience within your function. With that being said: Kraft Heinz: - We're experiencing the so called "turn around" at the moment and things are looking fairly optimistic. Leadership changes are encouraging and internal engagement is being taken very seriously compared to virtually nothing in the past when I was hired. Keep veering away from the 3G culture - it's a failed concept and holds a negative perception externally. - This is a mega food company - fifth largest in the world. It carries weight and you take pride seeing our brands all around in the world and in some 97% of households. - Kraft Heinz is an incredibly diverse organization from Chicago to London, Melbourne to Shanghai, and everywhere in between. I appreciate this, and the Diversity & Inclusion efforts of this company are world-class. I've made friendship with colleagues from all around the world! My Function: - Amazing leadership and ability to grow if you prove yourself. Somewhat controversial in the company as a whole, but "Meritocracy" is actually taken seriously in my area of the business - in my view. - You're told "thank you" by senior leaders - and more importantly they are accessible whenever you need them. Amazing for a Fortune 500 company. - Compensation is very competitive and I'm proud to be paid not just market rate, but even a little higher compared to external peers.

Cons

I believe you really need two separate reviews: 1) Kraft Heinz as a company and then 2) Your experience within your function. With that being said: Kraft Heinz: - Sometimes it feels like a really new startup company, despite being 150 years old. Frustrating, but *sometimes* thrilling as you can sort of steer the ship however you believe is right for the business. - Kraft Heinz is INCREDIBLY competitive. Seriously. I write this as a "Con" because it sometimes can get a little divisive as everyone is trying to climb towards the top or try and take credit for your idea - or even squash it outright. - A perfect segway into this..... It is a super young company. No, really. Everywhere you look there's under 30 employees at every corner. While this isn't a full out "Con" I think it speaks to the gutting of senior/seasoned positions at the time of the merger in 2015, especially legacy Kraft folks from Chicago. - I would only "recommend to a friend" if they're up for a big challenge. Be ready for a "do WAY more with WAY less" mentality and prep to work a few jobs just yourself. - 3G is the "parent" owner and you have to live with that. At the end of the day, it's not necessarily an American company, BUT I am inspired by the thousands of US jobs provided both corporate and across our plants - particularly in rural areas. At the end of the day, Kraft, Heinz, and many of our classic brands are still "iconic American" but the $$ goes to Brazilians. My Function: - There's somewhat a lack of diversity, but it's being worked on and has been transparently addressed. - Always a shortage of funding which isn't the function's fault, but it inherently impacts all of us. - Do more with less. That's the theme across the business everywhere you look. No pens, paper, anything. Your PC, desk, and self.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good

Sep 13, 2021 - Database Administrator in Northfield, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was a great company to work for, before the merger.

Cons

They merged with Heinz company and had to conform to their policies.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fair pay, Bonus, and 401K but very demanding.

Sep 1, 2021 - Principal Packaging Engineer in Glenview, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Labs and support from vendors for data analysis. The new CEO has marketing background with history of turning companies profitable. I have hope with the new CEO, but middle management needs coaching.

Cons

Significantly maturity and experience were exited in 2015 following merger of Kraft and Heinz. Leader attempted to create prosperity through cost cutting led to stock value loosing 70% of it's value. Young management and frequent change of reporting structure leads to micromanagement - can't see forest through the trees. Overabundant of testing leads to indecision prior to including operations and kills good projects. Never celebrate wins. Doesn't promote giving back to community. You do not see Kraft supporting events around Glenview or Illinois.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Needed help before 3G, but 3G made it worse

Sep 5, 2020 - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

a lot of great people to work with, camaraderie many great brands and products nice office

Cons

nepotism among the Brazilians and 3G finance people merger purchase made the company over leveraged zero based budgeting meant fighting for necessities - for example a hundred dollar training for a new hire to replace the headcount that was cut constant headcount cuts difficult expectations and workload resulted in a revolving door of talent they got rid of annual merit reviews and turned it into a clandestine process most benefits eroded over the years I worked there management by objectives (MBO) was a big carrot and bigger stick - huge bonuses that could be wiped out by poor sales or EBITA meant you could go the whole year performing well to receive nothing; MBO structure created infighting and promoted number manipulation, a large factor likely which lead to the SEC investigation lack of innovation and reinvestment due to cost cutting focus, other CPGs were busy growing their brand and consumer base in better/fresher options, Kraft Heinz was busy mixing ketchup with mayonnaise. Other large CPG food companies's stock has grown steadily over past five years. General lack of strategic focus, too many initiatives that changed too frequently in order to distract from poor results

7 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful experience and culture

Jun 27, 2020 - Regulatory Affairs Specialist in Glenview, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A paycheck is the only positive aspect of working here

Cons

The culture created by the Kraft Heinz “merger” became toxic and super competitive. I decided I had to go to keep my sanity.

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome people, terrible company

Jan 29, 2020 - Scientist - R&D in Glenview, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at the KHC innovation center are awesome. If you're lucky enough find anyone with extensive product knowledge that survived the merger you can learn immense amounts. Work life balance is incredible depending on department. You are expected to complete your work on time rather than being told you need to sit at your desk 9-5 regardless. Extremely flexible as long as you are providing results.

Cons

Turnover is out of control. Company only cares about money. You are not valued as an employee you are just a number. There is not budget for anything. Good luck even finding a pen.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Acidic work environment after Heinz takeover

Mar 1, 2020 - Electro-mechanical Technician