Kraton Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2019

3.4
Kraton CEO Kevin M. Fogarty
Kevin M. Fogarty
Pros
  • "Overall: Good Pay, Good Benefits, a Good Future and Improving(in 4 reviews)

• "Good Pay, Good Benefits, Flexible middle management, cultivates great people, allows for work life balance- but you have to work at it(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "o tem planos de carreira muito bem definidos (pelo menos n(in 3 reviews)

• "Current upper management made some questionable M&A decisions(in 3 reviews)

"Great company, awesome culture!"

I have been working at Kraton full-time

Pros

Great company with an awesome culture.

Cons

None to note at this time.

Kraton2019-01-03
  2. "Decent little chemical company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Belpre, OH

I have been working at Kraton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is good, Benefits are acceptable, smaller company has a more personal feel than some other places I have worked. Smart workers.

Cons

Not much of a corporate culture. No flex schedules. Stuck behind the times in terms of systems, policies, and procedures. Not really willing to change to get to the next level. Unsure of business goals and projections. Site management is very hands off.

Advice to Management

Think about upgrading your corporate polices to include flex scheduling, maternity/paternity policies, and other small perks that would cost little money but improve morale.

Kraton2019-11-06
  3. "Kraton Savannah: to quote "Post Man" things are getting better every day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Kraton full-time

Pros

Many internal promotions: hourly to higher hourly rates, hourly to salary, and engineers promotions, and promotions into management. Safety is important and more than lip service. Safety is not always convenient. I have never been told I am being too safe. Stability - the plant makes money and supplies raw materials to a wide variety of end products Local management makes communication important. We don't... always get what we want, but at least we have a voice (engagement team and safety team are available, "Top 5" boards that has some small impact, and there are employee representatives for some capital projects). Management also shares how the plant and our unit is performing. Management installed communication screens in an effort to share as much about the plant to off shifts as possible. Employees are also recognized for "good work". The company is investing in the manufacturing plant. We want more, but there is investment money to make improvements. There have been significant improvements in reliability and production ability over the last few years with several production records broken. Overall: Good Pay, Good Benefits, a Good Future and Improving!

Cons

Some of the more experienced employees see some change as negative and have loud voices. Over time, a lot of the change has proven to be positive and time will tell on other changes. The new employees see a good thing when they see it...

Advice to Management

Like most companies, they want to do more with less. There is a balance that can easily tip from success to struggle. So far we are in a good balance/please stay that way.

Kraton2018-10-24
  4. "Working at Kraton"

I have been working at Kraton full-time

Pros

So far so good.

Cons

Nothing I see so far.

Kraton2018-07-09

"Great company & culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kraton full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a very serious company with an evolving culture, working towards an engagement culture and growth. The combination of terrific talent and growth potential makes Kraton a very exciting place to be.

Cons

Life at Kraton has been good apparently for very long, some employees struggle with the positive change being promoted. Coming with an outside view I can attest this is a really good company with the right mindset.

Advice to Management

Leadership is truly engaged in making Kraton the best it can be, I am genuinely impressed especially with the CEO and the CTO.

Kraton2018-05-30

"Let’s get real"

I have been working at Kraton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people making it happen each day. The scientists, the sales reps, the coordinators, and the plants. Getting to know these people is important if you want to like this company.

Cons

The culture is demoralizing. If you speak up, you will be asked to keep your opinions to yourself. Support functions run the company. People continue to leave every week with no end in sight. Business continues to erode because of faulty decision making. There

Advice to Management

Retire and quit pretending to understand something that we all know you don’t.

Kraton2018-06-21

"Review"

I have been working at Kraton full-time

Pros

Healthy company, sustainable focus, offers reasonable freedom to employees

Cons

No focus on training employees, short term focus on company results

Advice to Management

Develop and empower people, listen to different opinions, look at the longer term possibilities

Kraton2018-05-05
  8. "good company in process of transition"

I have been working at Kraton

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

old plant with little capital improvement

Kraton2018-05-01

"Abandon Ship"

Current Employee - KIC-h Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kraton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some good people working here but they eventually leave or are completely thrown under the bus by management and other bullies.

Cons

Completely toxic environment at corporate. Management gives lip service to feedback and wanting to fix things yet they continue to bully people and undervalue quality people doing good work. The worst part is when they blame management’s shortcomings on staff and get rid of them. It’s a constant revolving door of browbeating great people them until they mysteriously disappear. Turnover is very high and trust and... morale are low.

Advice to Management

Quit blaming employees and look in the mirror for the person responsible for the horrible, cutthroat culture you’ve built. And stop telling us how much you care, we see who are by the good people you toss out every day.

Kraton2018-05-10

"Solid company"

I worked at Kraton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is growing both in polymers and in pine chemicals, has good management and positive strategy for growth, and is global in nature.

Cons

Downsides really depend on the individual and their preferences for working and career forward. It is wise to evaluate every opportunity with an open mind.

Advice to Management

Kraton is a solid company that is on a growth path with a clearly stated strategy and solid value proposition for employees.

Kraton2018-04-19