Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Reviews

Updated June 26, 2017

4.0
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions President, CEO, and Director Eric M. DeMarco
Eric M. DeMarco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Had good benefits, good work environment (in 12 reviews)

• Excellent Management, good benefits, good pay, and hard work is rewarded (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No Leadership direction in the PSS division causing different regions to flounder and the overall success of the division to suffer (in 4 reviews)

• The division as a whole is suffering from poor leadership and lack of a communicated goal that everyone can get behind (in 3 reviews)

"Five Years of Opportunity and Exposure to Tier 1 Developers"

Former Employee - Data Warehouse Engineer in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Data Warehouse Engineer in Springfield, VA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the five years between 2006 - 2011, as an Engineer, I worked on 3 contracts and gain a lot of experience. My business manager was aggressive, fair and provided opportunity to shine and supported training funds for personal development. While at KRATOS, upper management did a great job with benefits (pay raises were fair in the beginning and then went flat in 2010 & 2011).

Cons

KRATOS has gone through many growing pains and depending on your current manager and contract. Like many DOD contractors, you are only viable if you are billable. With all the acquisitions, the company has had a lot of turnover, but that happens in a growing company in DOD.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, but do not lose sight of the value of your employees on-site with the client.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid management, good pay, great mix of people and personalities, expanding company, flexible hours.

Cons

Hard to move up because of the size of company, not enough Business Development to win new contracts

3. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary
    Reasonable hours, flexible scheduling

Cons

Some of the office locations very outdated
    Senior Management disconnected with other employees
    Limited interaction with co-workers

"Strong company with room to grow and improve on an already solid foundation."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Newport, DE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Newport, DE

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large company with a wide reach of territory and products. Solid leadership in many areas.

Cons

For those who do not enjoy the corporate style of business, Kratos may not be the best fit. As the company continues to grow, leadership has done a lot to standardize processes across the board, and there is much more of a large corporation feel than a small business.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Great Medical, Dental, and 401k Benefits. Lots of opportunity to think outside the box.

Cons

None to mention at this time.

"Robust work environment, detailed job tasks with good support, feedback, and explanations"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teams are collaborative and tightly run, projects are always on time, intelligent and caring managers

Cons

Freedom of creative design can be difficult since they follow templated design strategies, and very tight deadlines.

Advice to Management

Give everyone a voice, somehow, so each person feels heard and appreciated.

"Web Developer"

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. The Owner gives nice perks for MLB tickets on 3rd base and private booths. Its continuously growing and becoming a major player in Defense contracts.

Cons

Sometimes recognition is misplaced. Mergers can be tough with reorganization. Typical growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to support a great working environment.

"Good thing I can Juggle..."

Pros

Lots of things to do
    Different projects to work on
    Friendly employees (for the most part)

Cons

Lots of things to do
    Smaller teams
    So many moving parts it can get confusing

Advice to Management

Break down the silos

"I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Kratos"

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with. I also enjoyed being challenges and allowed to pursue personal growth.

Cons

Sometimes communication from corporate was reactive vs. proactive.

"Good company, great people"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Kratos PSS is a good company for access control and CCTV integration. I worked there for 6 years and met and worked with some great people. The projects that I worked on were all over the country and were primarily for the USMC. As a veteran it was a pleasure to support our troops in a way that made a significant difference in their ability to perform realistic and meaningful training.

Cons

Kratos is a very large corporation and it is easy to get lost so far as corporate attention to its smaller branches. The PSS branch is a tight knit organization that has to subordinate itself to the corporate goals even if they do not promote branch growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your people and they will take care of you. Do not ignore the lower management suggestions that can make a big difference in profitability.