Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Had good benefits, good work environment (in 12 reviews)

• Excellent Management, good benefits, good pay, and hard work is rewarded (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No Leadership direction in the PSS division causing different regions to flounder and the overall success of the division to suffer (in 4 reviews)

• The division as a whole is suffering from poor leadership and lack of a communicated goal that everyone can get behind (in 3 reviews)

"Regional Manager"

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time

Pros

Kratos offers very good employees benefits

Cons

Lack of core values which has consequences

"Bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

Pros

Good pay. Nice summer or second job

Cons

Management isn't helpful
    Employees gossip about present & past employees
    Too much down time
    No job security

"Accounts Payable Specialist"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building and nice cubicles. Bagels and donuts served weekly.

Cons

They could never pay their bills during the time I was there. Terms were net 90 for every vendor expect ones like SDG&E, etc. It was stressful because of this, causing non stop credit holds, non stop emails from vendors wanting payment, statements to review that had months of bills entered but not paid. I couldn't wait to leave. The office supply area was completly bare and empty. It was hard to order supplies. Many temps would buy their own supplies and bring them in. Supplies such as inboxes, file folders, etc, that should have been provided by the company.

Advice to Management

Cut costs so that you can pay your bills.

"The old DEI Services"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Winter Park, FL

Pros

The pay and benefits were good to excellent. At one time, there was a diversity of products to work on. Raises were decent.

Cons

Projects were mismanaged. People were just dumped into projects and expected to "hit the ground running" or they were dropped on the roadside. Projects were behind schedule and their configuration management was a complete mess.

Advice to Management

Install people in management positions who encourage employees to excel and offer opportunities to improve their skill sets. Do not grow too fast, but don't shut the place down either. Reduce operating costs by renegotiating rental contracts for office space.

"More Interested In Acquisitions than compensation or training for Front-Line Employees!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great front-line worker camaraderie and the ESOP is very competitive!

Cons

Compared to other Defense Contractors such as SAIC, CACI the pay is very uncompetitive and it's obvious middle management has been mandated to cut training and compensation in order to go on a acquisition spree. The pay in the D.C. area is around 20% lower than what similar firms pay. On my exit interview the Govt. side wants to know why turn-over is so high and I intend on telling them why! Since turn-over is so high, Ive been told their probably going to lose this Govt. Contract when it comes up for renewal. Greed will cost you in the long run!

Advice to Management

Your Acquisition spree in lieu of taking care of your front-line workers will eventually come back to bite you! Trust me, I'm hearing the Govt. is getting tired of you sparing resources on your employees while purchasing assets which reflects your core values.

6. "Toxic environment"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company got me up and running with all the supplies, software, computer and permissions I needed within a week of starting, nice break room, could make your own hours as long as you completed your work & did the minimum 40 hrs per week

Cons

Very poor communication, if you weren't in management you knew there were secret meetings going on that you were not invited to, unrealistic deadlines, management turned a blind eye to any process improvements, lots of layoffs and not many potential contracts in the pipeline, good employees left, bad managers stayed on??? No training or opportunity to change positions

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees, communicate, say No to unrealistic deadlines - giving a crappy product on-schedule means nothing, improve image to win new contracts

"Poor pay, little concern and no support for the regular employee"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really can't think of any

Cons

Not competitive wages. Little if any employee support from management. I worked at a remote location (not a Kratos facility) but was only a few miles from the regional Kratos headquarters. The manager responsible for the contract I was on never contacted me via email and only visited the site once or twice per year.

"Stay Clear of this company"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees who work hard as a team and attempt to support each other.

Cons

Work/life balance, lack of resources, lack of ethics in higher management. Everything is about driving the stock price.

"Kraptos"

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits. Made some good friends.

Cons

Fast growth and zero job security since new management came in with a new
    Vision which translates to keep the cheapest employees.

Advice to Management

Embrace your insecurities.

"Stay away"

Pros

Great co-workers, decent pay, I wish I had more pros. Sorry

Cons

The general manager at the office I worked out of has no communication skills whatsoever and treats the employees like they are idiots.
    Many people have left recently and upper management fail to see that the general manager is causing the company to lose customers and employees.
    Its a miracle that the place is still in business.

Advice to Management

Investigate why so many employees have left recently and perhaps assign a new general manager for one of your main offices....