Kreischer Miller Reviews | Glassdoor

Stephen W. Christian

1. "Kreischer Miller"

Former Employee - Audit in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Audit in Horsham, PA

Pros

Family oriented firm with flexibility to fit work with your personal life. Great employees.

Cons

No issues with Kreischer Miller

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Welcoming environment with great opportunites"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Kreischer Miller full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the firm as someone with 2 years experience in Big 4 accounting. Although I have only been here a few weeks, I have been exposed to/learned A LOT. Although it is a medium size, you will get Big 4 training in a much more intimate environment. I have received the opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of corporate/business taxation and how it affects the individuals full circle. YOU WILL NOT get this many other places in my opinion!

Cons

So far the only downside, in my opinion, is that the firm is really big about having staff arrive promptly at 8:30 (within reason especially after busy season late nights). I can understand this policy and it probably works for most, just not me as I live a bit farther and am not an early riser. Pretty much the only negative I can think of thus far

3. "Overall a very good experience"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Horsham, PA

I worked at Kreischer Miller full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Directors and managers were always available to the Staff and Seniors. Challenging work was always available if you wanted it. Plenty of room to grow as a professional. Definitely get the sense that management puts a lot of thought into making their employees happy.

Cons

I think there is a little bit of office politics going on (favorites, slightly preferential treatment for some), but honestly, for the most part, if you are good at what you do you are going to succeed at KM.

5. "Great Internship Experience"

Former Employee - Staff Tax Accountant in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Tax Accountant in Horsham, PA

I worked at Kreischer Miller (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my internship at Kreischer Miller. They have a great environment of friendly individuals that encourage you to learn and grow on the job. The training they had me go through when I started was very thorough. All of the seniors/managers/directors were extremely helpful, they would take their time to walk me through any returns I was having trouble with. The people there, including my fellow interns, made Kreischer Miller a very enjoyable place to work. I am glad that my first public accounting experience was at a firm as great as Kreischer Miller.

Cons

I did not have anything negative to say about Kreischer Miller during my internship experience.

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Tax in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Tax in Horsham, PA

I worked at Kreischer Miller full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great company culture which is reflected everywhere through their employees. The people were nice and extremely helpful! Definitely a firm that wants to help you learn and grow! They are a firm that cares about their employees and their clients.

Cons

There are not many cons I can think of besides longer hours during tax season, but that is expected as a tax accountant.

7. "Best company I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Kreischer Miller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first place I've worked at where the upper management gets it. Employees are valued and it shows. They aren't just a number like most places I've worked. The overall culture is great and all of the team members are genuinely good people that I actually enjoy seeing outside of work.

Cons

There honestly aren't any cons. The only one I could think of would be longer hours during the tax season, but that's obviously to be expected at a public accounting firm so it's barely a con.

8. "Great work environment, Strong leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Kreischer Miller full-time

Pros

Kreischer Miller is on point when it concerns doing the right thing for their team members and always have their client's best interest in mind. Plenty of opportunities for career advancement! Lots of effort put into personal development and growth. All of the directors and managers are extremely professional, friendly and have an "open door" policy!.

Cons

Honestly, no issues right now.

"Former Staff Accountant's Outlook"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Horsham, PA

I worked at Kreischer Miller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kreischer Miller (KM) has a great atmosphere. The people truly make the firm what it is. I enjoyed my time there working with such great people, while gaining valuable work experience I was able to transfer to my new job. KM pays fairly and treats all employees with respect. I always felt I had a voice there. It is a company that's big enough to be recognized in the greater Philadelphia area, but small enough that every employee *should* know everyone else's name. Finally, when first starting, they typically bring in "recruiting classes", so you automatically get acclimated and comfortable with 5-10 other people that are in the exact same shoes as you. I enjoyed my time there very much!

Cons

It is a really young firm. A lot of the managers and even directors are relatively young compared to other firms. It was always a little concerning to me that moving up would be hard to do.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You were always so approachable with any question I may have had.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Accountant in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Kreischer Miller full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging work, great people, engaged management, and active mentoring by leaders.

Cons

None worth noting--this is one of the few public accounting firms where leaders seem to care about both employees and clients.

Kreischer Miller Response

Dec 8, 2014 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that your are having a good experience here - our team members are the key to our success! As you know we strive to create an environment where ... More

"Outstanding Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Kreischer Miller full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely employee centered.
    Truly caring leaders who want you to be successful.
    Honesty and Integrity of leaders.
    Respond to our concerns

Cons

Too much food - with all the free food they provide us our waist lines are growing!
    Some of the long term employees are a bit negative and don't come up with suggestions, they just complain.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Be more proactive in mentoring rising stars.

Kreischer Miller Response

Aug 21, 2014 – HR

Our team members are the key to our success and we strive to create an environment where they feel they are respected and valued. Kreischer Miller prides itself on having an innovative culture and ... More