Kroger Limited Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

Kroger Limited Partnership Chairman and CEO Rodney McMullen
Rodney McMullen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Stock Associate"

I have been working at Kroger Limited Partnership full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, hours,management, salary, environment

Cons

Work mostly every weekend

2. "The Burn of greed and unqualified leadership"

Former Employee - Employed in Anderson, IN
    Former Employee - Employed in Anderson, IN

I worked at Kroger Limited Partnership full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have no clue as my direct hire from one of the companies higher up managers was crushed by their lack of knowledge concerning my part time job with a so called 'competitor.

Cons

I was hired on the spot with the company as one of the stores "janitors" or "maintenance Mechanics" (I guess the kids of this generation are offended if you call the job what it is, a janitor) You would think with the amount of money this company pulls in that they would be flexable with pay....NOPE, don't even try. Now, what I think is that, this company is just like every other company pulling in over $10 Million in revenue, the greedy salaried folks get those nice fat bonus checks for saving the company $$$ by not negotiating any starting wage... Being in prior leadership positions and working for greedy companies, I unfortunately know all about this issue. This company does not seem to give 2 hoots about experience so if you think your 20+ years of experience is going to = let's say $0.25...HA! Better go to Wendy's as your chance of getting a better hourly wage is about 10x's better. For those of us who have actually worked to earn a paycheck to support our families, we know that $0.25 per hour equals $10 extra per week for a 40 hour week..... Kroger/Payless WILL NOT BUDGE on their $8.60p/h starting wage....This is a bit humiliating when you consider the amount of possible employee's who could have been hires and retained only if the greed wasn't so damn obvious. Management needs to actually learn the company policies. I was hired on the spot after the store management was informed of the company I work approx 12 hours per week for. They even gawked at the idea and askd me if the company I work for thought I could support anyone on those hours to which I replied "Thats why I am here trying to get a 2nd job"..... Drug test background check later, I get a call from one of the HR girls who, had I not told her my part time scheduled, I could have simply worked like the other 40% of their employee's who work part time for other competitors but anyhow....

Advice to Management

Grow some balls. Learn to spot talent and see thsoe potential candidates who will bennefit the company and save you from the high turnover rate that you people deal with on a daily basis. I will use myself as an example......20 years minimum experience along with leadership in the US Marines as well as a Supervisor in Law Enforcement. This means that I already have integrity, integrity is a lost gift these days. IF I have integrity, that means I am honest and I will not BS you. This means that I may not screen the phone when you need someone to cover for that pimple faced kid who calling in Friday night to get drunk rather than do what you hired them to do. My age will also let you know that "Hey! We have a family guy" That should set off bells all day when trying to hire a quality employee. A family person is looking to work to support a family. In other words, they WANT TO WORK. Consider that 20 years experience brings all the HRO babble or sexual harassment knowlage, OSHA standards, Lock out/ Tag Out Proceedures etc.... MSDS knowledge, First aid, and with prior law enforcement, the ability to keep calm and deescalate high stress situations... In other words, your getting about 5 employee's worth of background in 1 person. IF you know that I work for a compedator then you know what the starting hourly wage is for that company already. IF you know that I already make $10.25 per hour, why the heck are you going to insult me with all my experience for $8.60 per hour knowing half your leadership in your store isn't even out of high school yet???? I may be "old school" because I think about the more important factors in employment and on of the lost forms is retaining a good employee or attracting those kinds of people for my company. As a company, you already know that you will not allow me to work overtime due to that cutting into your bonus checks for whatever manager is over me and my position. Are you honestly going to tell me as a multi million dollar company that you have no space to offer me say $12 per hour? You don't think that that may be worth the 20 years plus and the possability of a good employee? Well, I guess you will never learn because due to this lack of knowlage, you wil continue to have that astronomical turnover rate and I guess your managment is correct when they say " the high schools are loaded with potential employee's, we will never run out of sub standard bottom dollar kids who don't keep the shelves stocked, etc............ Better yet, why not send the company CEO this nice little review, I'm sure he could learn something from a pee -on like myself.

3. "Forget about your family"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kroger Limited Partnership full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Any income is better than no income

Cons

If you don't care about not seeing your family, having weekends or holidays off or watching people get promotions for jobs that are not even posted than this is the place for you. If you are friends with or related to someone than you will most definitely succeed.

Advice to Management

Don't tell your ASM's to make the porch look like Walmart or any other competitor for that matter. When you are having a holiday dinner with your family think about the associates that make the bare minimum running your stores and making sure you can maintain that high income. Stop showing favoritism and promote the qualified and maybe the business outlook would be better.

4. "Good HS job"

Pros

Flexible schedule, steady work, good learning experience

Cons

Rude customers at times, inexperienced management

Advice to Management

Stop treating teenage cashiers like a baby.

5. "An OK place to work when they need you"

Former Employee - Carpenter Foreman in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Carpenter Foreman in Memphis, TN

I worked at Kroger Limited Partnership full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, some expenses covered when working out of town.

Cons

Extremely demanding shifts at times 90+ hours a week. Some parts of the company are not regulated by the employee handbook and HR will ignore a complaint.

Advice to Management

Train mid level managers.

6. "Customer service/ pharmacy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sturgis, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sturgis, MI

I worked at Kroger Limited Partnership full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Loved my job but retired on 8/19/2016.

Cons

Wanted to retire. Have had no problems with this company

"Kroger changes have made work / life balance impossible"

Current Employee - N/A in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - N/A in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Kroger Limited Partnership full-time

Pros

We receive pay monthly. There are still a lot of great people in Nashville, however many are contemplating leaving because of the current leadership locally and at company headquarters.

Cons

The company changes in the past 6 months leave very little work / life balance. They are copying Walmart and now pay associates the lowest in the grocery industry making it difficult to staff stores. If you want to run a 50 million dollar business and have someone tell you when you need to work then Kroger is your place. Otherwise, I do not recommend the company.

Advice to Management

Rethink Roles and Responsibilities

8. "awesome kroger"

Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kroger Limited Partnership part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

meeting different people, forming relationships with people who frequent the store alot!

Cons

pay.. its a retail job so pay wasnt good but your able to move up quickly

Advice to Management

good managers

9. "Krogers is the best!!!"

I have been working at Kroger Limited Partnership part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and very friendly CO workers!!!

Cons

Minimum pay and some not so good hours.

10. "No apprecaition for hard workers"

Former Employee - Cashier in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Kroger Limited Partnership part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great if you're a people person, who loves a dynamic atmosphere. All employees are constantly smiling, positive, and upbeat.

Cons

Customers constantly look down on cashiers, as if they are higher up on some sort of metaphorical totem pole.

Advice to Management

When you have someone who's willing to put the company on their back, treat that employee better than dirt.