Kronos Incorporated Technical Support Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Kronos Incorporated Technical Support Engineer Reviews

Technical Support Engineer

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • A TRUE work/life balance philosophy (in 147 reviews)

• Self motivated employees are able to work from home independently (in 29 reviews)

"Management values employees"

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Kronos does a great job of mapping out a strategy and communicating this down to all functions. Management recognizes that employees determine the success of the strategy and employees are well informed and contributions to the goals are recognized. There is a long-term vision for the company and hiring and retaining good employees is part of that vision. Benefits, work-life balance and motivated employees make it a fun place to work.

Cons

Growth through acquisitions has changed the size of the company and made the company more global, and less centralized. The product offering has grown also. So it can feel like some locations or some products are less familiar and further removed from the core business.

"Technical Support Engineer III"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer III in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer III in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work! Very fast paced, moving forward, very supportive.

Cons

I literally have not one bad thing to say, it's the best place I've worked p

"Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer - Specialist in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer - Specialist in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, lots of little perks and programs that are innovative and useful.
    Moving to a new location next year which will include a newly build out facility with (expected) much improved environment.
    Hosted/Cloud platform is a good direction for the future.

Cons

(May be different in other parts of the company)
    Support organization is behind the times with
    - tools and infrastructure
    - knowledge sharing and cross functional processes
    - having any sort of direct relationship with engineering
    - no follow the sun model

Support has rigid hours; not amenable to work life balance; little flexibility

I see no career advancement; Comment made the other day that Kronos was good if you plan to retire in the next couple of years but nor for anyone looking to build a career

Leadership on my team is completely hands off/disengaged and appears unwilling to address problems with equal distribution of work across the team and team members who have 'checked out'

Advice to Management

Develop a management training and empowerment program to teach managers not just how to manage the business but to lead, empower, and help develop their people.

Mandate the evolution of cross functional relationships between siloed support teams and support and the development unit.

Eliminate processes that impede getting the right thing done and create streamlined processes to facilitate throughput.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for career advancement. Company growth is reassuring.

Cons

Not a deal breaker but some of the offices could use a remodeling. Being a leader in the industry our office should be state of the at as well.

6. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Management, great work environmen.

Cons

None at this time

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked as both a full time employee and as a contract worker for Kronos for more than 10 years and I have been very happy.
    I work in Technical Support and I can tell you I have only seen 1 of my co-workers ever leave Kronos to go work for another company in 10 years. I think that says quite a bit about the Kronos work environment.
    I used to work in the office however now I work at home as a remote employee. I couldn't ask for more freedom from Kronos. My team managers manage to the individual. Also, my coworkers feel free to share ideas and we consult with one another as needed.
    When hiring new members for our team, they always consult team members for their advice and opinions to make sure the new person will be a good fit.
    The benefits, such as time off from work and group health benefits are the best around.

Cons

Luckily I have not experienced any difficulties at Kronos. (Again, almost no one leaves once they are hired in our group.)

Advice to Management

Don't change!

8. "The Best Company I Ever Worked At."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer/Analyst IV in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer/Analyst IV in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working for Kronos for almost 17 years. The environment is dynamic which means you'll never be bored the only constant is change, because we are always growing and finding new challenges to overcome. I was part of a company which Kronos acquired and the horizons of the product that I support have expanded dramatically both in terms of multiple verticals that have been added and the geographic dimension which is now international.

I have been able to freely communicate with people at all levels and management within the organization. The company regularly surveys employees on satisfaction and genuinely cares about how engaged the employees are because they understand the relationship between employee engagement and customer satisfaction and it is that commitment that has allowed us to generate the levels of customer satisfaction that we do.

I work from home as part of a group in the Tampa office. My immediate supervisor is a wonderful woman who has been very supportive of me, as I in addition to my Kronos work am the primary caregiver to my 93-year-old mother, which I am able to balance with my Kronos work only because of the support of my supervisors.

It was my good fortune in my early career to of work for some terrible companies, so that when I had the opportunity to come to work for Kronos, I truly appreciated how special place it is. It is a company I would highly recommend to anyone who is seeking employment. At this point as I have told my boss on more than one occasion I'm here to stay unless somebody votes me off the island.

Cons

The only issue is that sometimes the need for frequent status reports on escalated issues becomes overwhelming and can slow down the progress in resolving issues, but it is part of the corporate culture to keep everyone informed at all times.

Advice to Management

I believe that the general direction of the company is correct and that we will continue to grow successfully both internationally and domestically by continuing to expand our product line and our geographic reach. That provides for good opportunities for the employees for upward mobility and job security by working for successful company. I believe you're doing an excellent job please keep up the good work.

"Incompetence Incarnate"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not a lot positive to say honestly. The benefits are decent and the company is stable. These are not enough to warrant a higher rating nor keep me from looking for other employment.

Cons

There's a lot of cons for sure. I will try to organize them as best I can. Also keep in mind that the average rating for Kronos was a lot lower a year ago. Management has been begging people to review lately. Also, take note that most the really good reviews are not people that are part of the support organization. Perhaps it is a good company to work for beyond here.

1. They do not reward long term employees that are in the KGS (support) organization. They hire kids right out of college for better, higher paying opportunities (the 'technology center' is located right by a major university) . One would think it would make more sense to promote from within but, they don't seem to. They love to hire right off the street. When they do promote from within, they low ball on the raise. It also doesn't help that they are now doing a ton of outsourcing to India now. So, there's that to deal with as well. This is not how things should be done but, if you come to Kronos, I recommend a few things:
    a. DO NOT take a job in KGS support.
    b. GET YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE DOOR. Otherwise, you may never see it.

2. Management is a bunch of immature bullies. I speak from experience and from experiences of people that I know. Going to HR at Kronos is pointless. This is very widely known. They will side with management.

3. This is the biggest example of the blame game that you will ever see in your life. There is more time spent about whose fault it is, or to whom the problem belongs than there will ever be spent on actually fixing it. If you come to this company as someone low on the totem pole (like support), be prepared. You will get thrown under the bus more than you can possibly imagine. It honestly seems like there are people who have jobs specifically to do nothing but pass the buck. There are actually KGS managers that reject cases without reading the notes on them. They also do this quite often.

4. Just way too top heavy of an organization. Seems like there are 15 levels of management involved in everything. If this company ever does go public, I predict that many a middle man will be getting walking papers. One cannot have a tribe if everyone is a chief. Probably biggest reason for issue #3.

5. Completely wrong values for a 'software' company. It almost seems that technical employees are looked down on. In a technology company, that should not be so. This also impacts the quality of the products which many of us feel is pretty bad. Just like the organizational structure: inefficient, outdated, and really buggy.

6. Horrible business practices. In my many years at Kronos, I've seen a great deal of things. I'd say a good third of customers that I've spoken with have indicated misleading information given when they had their system implemented. I'd say a good half indicate that their implementation was not finished or performed correctly and that the project was rushed.

There are more but I'm sure this field has a size limit. There are good people here at Kronos but, they are overshadowed by the many, many bad ones.
    If you don't know RAM from ROM, like to point fingers and love to run your mouth, this is a good place for you. Since I will not likely be here much longer, please do work here. This means that I have a slimmer chance of dealing with you.
    BUT, if you are in the IT field and would like to develop your career; I'd say this is not a very good choice. Especially in support. You will have health insurance and a steady job but in support you will stay. I only know of a few people that have left support out of many who try. Most get rejected for no good reason. It's possible but seems so much easier to be hired off the street to somewhere else and avoid the frustration.

Advice to Management

Clean House! Find out who is worthless in management and be rid of them. It should not be very hard to find them as there are quite a few. Focus on the technology or else you will be left far behind. I also recommend that you listen to your employees. Morale is generally pretty low from the people that I've spoken with of late.

"Greatest Place to Work for in New England"

I have been working at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home 24x7 (if desired)
    Flexible work schedule
    Managers/Directors/VP's that listen and work to get things done
    Unlimited educational resources
    Competitive Salaries for the Area

Cons

Horrible food offered on Campus (but you have 60+ minutes to enjoy local area)
    Lackluster holiday celebrations (i.e. Christmas Party, Veterans Day)
    Tough to advance (but folks don't leave, so not that surprised)
    Gym isn't cleaned enough

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing
    Give out more Kronos shirts and gear/

"Very flexible work environment."

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kronos Incorporated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like to telecommute, there are opportunities here. Benefits and compensation are great.

Cons

Too much outsourcing to foreign countries, IMO