Krooth & Altman Reviews | Glassdoor

Krooth & Altman Reviews

Updated Nov 4, 2018

Found 6 reviews

4.4
Krooth & Altman CEO David Barsky (no image)
David Barsky
  1. "Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Krooth & Altman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pleasant place to work. Friendly staff, lawyers. Great work/life balance

Cons

Things were either really slow/boring, or super stressful and busy. Not ever anywhere in the middle, but that is just the nature of this type of work

Krooth & Altman2018-11-05
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Krooth & Altman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am a 2L and have been employed by K&A for over four years. The firm's tuition assistance program and flexibility has made my law school experience much less stressful. I was pleased with my starting salary and have received generous raises every year; the annual self-evaluation process allows you to advocate for yourself to receive a fair raise. The benefits (health + dental) are also great. While the work can be... challenging, the work environment is great. K&A treats its employees very well. The firm loves to promote from within. I started as an intern during college, was promoted to paralegal, and hope to become an attorney after completion of law school. I would definitely recommend K&A to friends and family.

Cons

I personally have no cons to state.

Krooth & Altman2017-02-20
  3. "Highly recommened!"

Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Krooth & Altman

Pros

Having been in the legal field for 10+, Krooth & Altman is by far the best firm I have worked for. The work-life balance is the best I have encountered. The benefits are outstanding. Great room for growth. There is a reason the majority of the firm's employees are long term!

Cons

The most senior role with the firm without your JD is as a paralegal, which isn't much of a con.

Krooth & Altman2015-09-08
  4. "Amazing Experience"

Paralegal in Washington, DC

I worked at Krooth & Altman for more than a year

Pros

I worked at Krooth during Law School and felt that it was the best possible employment scenario for someone in my position. I truly enjoyed their willingness to work with my difficult schedule, while also allowing me to grow as a professional.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any true cons. The environment is demanding and fast-paced, but that is to be expected at a law firm that manages finance/real estate.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. Krooth has a wheelhouse and it sticks to it. It serves its clients in an incredibly efficient and thoughtful manner.

Krooth & Altman2015-05-29
  5. "GREAT LOCATION AND VERY NICE ATTORNEYS!!"

I worked at Krooth & Altman

Pros

Great place to work if you are a student. Attorneys and Management care and support staff who seek to advance their education. Holidays were celebrated with lots of fun! Great bonuses. Lots of work and lots to learn.

Cons

Some preferential treatment given to support staff that have been with the firm for a very long time. Most support staff are very nice but some can be very nosey.

Advice to Management

N/A

Krooth & Altman2013-09-12

"Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Krooth & Altman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Associates were great. Great place to learn a lot due to the volume of work. Decent work/life balance.

Cons

Cliquish environment; favoritism toward staff that had been with the firm; some high maintenance attorneys

Advice to Management

Deal with difficult attorneys.

Krooth & Altman2013-03-29