Kryterion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

William Dorman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Friendly, Productive & Career Building!"

I have been working at Kryterion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been incredible to work for since the beginning. I have enjoyed every moment here so far and plan to stay with the company for as long as they allow me.

Management is phenomenal. Constantly building up the team and consistently informing them of the areas they excel in. Not only are they there to assist you with any questions or concerns you my have, but they do their best to make sure you feel comfortable and enjoy every day. I am proud to be apart of this team and I feel as if we are a family at heart.

The office is neat and the location is superb if you are picky about food choices.

The company has a lot to offer and there is plenty of room for them to take what they’re already making Work and improve it even further.

Cons

For the moment, I have no cons for the company. Keep up the good work, Kryterion! You are doing great!

Nov 3, 2017 – Director of Engineering

Thank you so much for your feedback. We value all of our employees!

2. "Technical Account manager"

I have been working at Kryterion full-time

Pros

Constant learning and exposure. Work life balance

Cons

poor salary and growth opportunities

"My Family Away From Home"

Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kryterion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really wanted to take the time and say, I love the family we have here. Last night, I was having a really hard time getting past a certain module for Salesforce. I reached out for help, and the amount of help I received is truly amazing. From multiple people. Every day my team motivates each other, helps each other, encourages each other. And it doesn't just stop there. The amount of support from every department is unique to most companies. Typically there's a rivalry somewhere. I am genuinely grateful for the team we have. So to end this rant, thank you. Thank you for the help and things I've learned in such a short amount of time here. Thank you for being my support. I look forward to coming here every day because of everyone here.

Cons

This one is a hard one for me. I guess the con would be our health insurance benefits, as they do not currently cover my daughter's physician or medications; however, management has helped me find temporary solutions until they can provide better benefits.

"Don’t be fooled by empty promises"

I worked at Kryterion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Next to a freeway and the Whattaburger training office. You will not have to compete for your job as they cannot get qualified candidates to apply.

Cons

Don’t be the next victim! Every position has openings for a reason. This is not a growing company, it’s more like drowning in a cesspool. There is no vision, no management, no innovation, no opportunities, no common sense and NO leadership. When the person in charge doesn’t understand the difference between DBA, Developer and System Admin responsibilities, you know you have a problem. If you prefer working on old, unsupported technologies, with a team that does not know how to support it or stabilize it; then this is the place for you. Expectations are undefined, unreasonable, uneducated and occur around the clock and change in a minutes notice - if you get any notice at all. Normally the plan changes minute to minute with zero communications and depending on the mood swing, it’s likely your fault. Expect to do your job and that of any open positions even remotely related. You will be called out in front of your peers for anything from taking a vacation day, lunch break to not doing someone else’s job for them. The very limited facilities are disgusting, often out of service and the building as a whole will make you sick. They do have salary caps, what you start at, that’s your cap. Medical benefits are terrible and your 401k matching will be cancelled out by fees.

Advice to Management

Fire your incompetent Development Management team, get an HR person, and get a clue about how to run a business. I used to believe it was one person but the lack of action from everyone makes them just as bad. Someone should audit the company slack accounts to see all the inappropriate comments made about co-workers and management as well as a plethora of information exposing the ignorance!

"A growing company heading in new directions"

I have been working at Kryterion full-time

Pros

I was surprised at some of the reviews for Kryterion, but noticed many of them are a bit older. I have only been working here for 3 months, but I love it.

Management gives you the tools you need to succeed. Training at current consists mostly of on-the-job training, but is being revamped to include a day-one new-hire process for all employees. Upper management truly seems to care about your individual skills and strengths, and genuinely wants to leverage your past experience to help everyone improve. A wide-reaching "open door" policy that encompasses all employees at all levels -- you'll never feel like anyone is unapproachable, or that you cannot get the assistance you need. Despite its recent growth, the company still has that "small company family" feel to it. Everyone is friendly and kind. PTO and sick time are ample and above what I've seen at similar companies. Free food and festivities are frequently offered to all staff members, and it's great!

Cons

Benefits do not fully kick in for the first 90 days, which is a huge bummer -- hopefully you're still covered from your prior employer under COBRA. As with all small companies, medical coverage is average at best for what you pay in premiums. There's some room for expansion in a growing company, but the day will come when they likely need to look at a larger facility to house as many people as they'll need. There appears to be a lot of turnover at entry-level positions, but that's somewhat unavoidable for those kinds of roles.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and keep your eye on the ball for great candidates who happen to be occupying other roles! Sometimes those are your best candidates for future management roles.

"Thorough Interview Process. Fast Hire."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

What I really liked about Kryterion was that the interview process was thorough, and the actual hiring process was fast. Kryterion kept me fully informed along the way, which was in stark contrast to other companies that gave me little time to prepare for those interviews and then followed them with dead silence.

I've been very impressed with my boss and the others in the office. Some very smart and talented people work here!

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet.

"KRYTERION - 2 Thumbs Up"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kryterion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. I really felt very comfortable with the management team that interviewed right from the start. The atmosphere was professional, but relaxed. Curious and friendly, not inquisitional.
    2. I was hired as a contractor but it was clear from the start that I was being given a try-out for a full-time position. So my status was clear. The actual hiring process commenced pretty quickly.
    3. I received a pay package that I consider very fair. Not extravagant.
    4. MY MANAGER:
    a) Went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable. Encourages me to communicate needs, concerns and questions at every point. Went out of the way to make sure I agreed with the ideas / approaches suggested for my involvement and contributions. Listened to and took advantage of my insights right from the start. Gave me a phased introduction to the company, its products and its industry – enabling me to absorb it.
    b.) Let me specify the tools I wanted to work with … and purchased them. Never mind that I had no hands-on experience with the primary tool I wanted.
    c) Compliments my efforts and work product a lot! I really feel appreciated and comfortable. It is sorta shocking, really. Even after a year.
    d) Organizes out-of-office team lunches on a regular basis.
    e) Accommodates my “gotta go home for the repairman” issues without any quibbles.
    5. MANAGEMENT GENERALLY:
    a) Displays a lot of internal cohesion. Humor. Openness. Friendliness. Longevity!
    b) Runs monthly all-hands meetings. Takes and answers questions. Serves lunches for all hands. Actively seeks to accommodate my dietary restrictions.
    c) Provides nice snacks at no charge.
    d) Promotes from within. Supports/displays (gender) diversity but encourages referrals of family and friends … with bonuses!
    6. THE BENEFITS:
    a) 401K w/ matching funds plan. Insurance that, compared to my previous ACA rates, delivered a sizeable monthly savings. And it’s a decent plan. With basic dental, pretty good standard medical and prescription rates.
    b) Pretty standard vacation schedule. And that seems pretty good to a former contractor.
    c) Received standard paycheck despite 7 consecutive days of jury duty.
    d) Covered parking – a three minute walk away.
    7. THE STAFF:
    a) I’ve never heard of any infighting or arguing.
    b) @ 36 languages spoken here.
    c) Seems pretty nice to me. We’re not great friends – not yet, anyway. But they are nice colleagues.

Cons

1. Small kitchen for growing firm. And we definitely don’t keep it as clean as I would like. But this was true for previous employers, too.
    2. Single stall bathrooms scattered around the building. Sometimes I have to go searching for one that’s free.
    3. Sorry. That’s all I got.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great people. Bad policies."

Current Employee - Client Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kryterion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Really bad benefits, no salary increase without a new job title, and you can only get a maximum of a 15% raise even with a new title.

Advice to Management

Get rid of that 15% rule on internal advancement. Unjustly punishes your own employees and discourages internal advancement.

Oct 2, 2017 – Associate Director

The policy mentioned above was revoked in 2016. Kryterion strives to promote from within and every candidate both internal and external is evaluated by experience, performance, and skillset.

"I'd pass if I were you"

Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kryterion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with, they are friendly and are great to be around. Many are helpful, and try their best. To best they are able to at least. Has the company made progress? Yes, but mostly to save face.

Cons

Saddly, this is the long list of reasons as to why you need to keep looking. Management is in it for themselves, assuming you know who is actually management. They fail to realize what assets they have and prefer to just take a direction without communicating anything and then blame you for being behind. Excluding the CEO, who is just simply not around and seems disconnected from what's going on here. It's about pushing a product out as fast as possible, watching it crumble to pieces, and blaming everyone else for the disaster except themselves (management). Development is clueless as to how the application works. Operations runs around fighting the developers fires and not caring about user and client issues. "Security" of the systems and networks is all about making people's jobs more difficult. Hopefully you have a good cellphone provider. The product owners only care about deadlines, and then waiting for production. Forget about bonuses and raises. Performance reviews don't happen. Your ideas, opinions and input will need to be explained 3 times to 3 different people and still fall on deaf ears. This is a sales company, not a tech company. It's about making the next sale, and doing the bare minimum to keep them. Actually, doing the bare minimum is just company policy. Say one thing, then do absolute opposite to ensure you don't do it right.

Advice to Management

Start with communicating and listening to your employees. They are so scared to say anything because you don't listen and hold grudges when you're the one shown to be the problem again and again.

Oct 2, 2017 – Associate Director

Kryterion holds monthly staff meetings to inform and seek feedback from staff. The company does several online staff surveys each year to illicit feedback on employee satisfaction, benefits, and... More

"Wonderful New Management"

I have been working at Kryterion full-time

Pros

Since the change to new management mid 2016, Kryterion had quickly become a dynamic and enjoyable company to work for. Their plans to boost employees morale had led to better benefits, recognition, and fun events. I am very excited with Kryteron long term goals in product advancement and company growth.

Cons

Kryterion continuous goals in improvement had caused some expected minor bumps in the road but overall the changes are positive.