Kuali Reviews | Glassdoor

Joel Dehlin

"Best place!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

Out of all the companies I've worked for, Kuali definitely has the best culture. Everyone is always willing to help and make you feel welcome, the office is fun, and benefits are killer! Product is great and really does help customers make their work easier and better. Management really cares about the employees and it's not difficult to see.

Cons

None yet. So far it has been great!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's clearly working!

Kuali2018-03-20

"Sr. User Experience Designer"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great company with design as high priority. The Design Director is on the executive team, so that should show you how important Design is to kuali. You have a lot of autonomy in a real sense of co-owning the product with your PM

Cons

Seriously No Cons here at Kuali.

"Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had Kuali on my radar for quite some time before coming to work here. I had heard about their amazing culture, employees, and product and it totally lives up to the hype.

Cons

Keep doing what you are doing! Like any growing start-up, you have growing pains, but the open and transparent environment really helps with those.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Exciting time to be at Kuali.

Kuali2018-03-20

"New, but so far amazing"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

In a word, autonomy. The ability to work closely with your team to solve problems and not have a lot of bureaucracy or interference from those outside the team. Of course autonomy is only a symptom of an environment that is trusting and believes in communication.

Cons

The organization is relatively small and flat, opportunities for growth may be limited but it's far too early to know for sure.

Kuali2017-07-13

"Company that delivers amazing experiences for both customers and employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-This company really cares about it's employees. Has amazing benefits and great work life balance. -Kuali treats you like an adult (surprisingly uncommon in software industry ). -Very transparent at all levels. -The people are very smart and humble.

Cons

Still in its early years and a lot of stuff to figure out. Does not always make the best decision, but still small enough to back track and fix it.

Kuali2017-07-13

"A company that amazingly actually cares about design culture"

Current Employee - Designer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great culture, no micromanagers, smart people

Cons

Never enough time to do everything we want.

Kuali2017-06-08

"Employee and customer happiness are equally important"

I have been working at Kuali full-time

Pros

Kuali is trying to create a long-term, successful private company. The company is not about building for a quick IPO or sale. Employee and customer happiness are equally important and it shows daily in the decisions the company leaders make. Co-workers are smart, driven, opinionated, yet still nice, helpful and kind. Benefits are solid. Kuali is focused on building great products and long-term customer success. Sales...

Cons

A significant portion of employees work full-time remote. Like most companies in this scenario, Kuali has a challenge getting communication and collaboration to work well across the company. If you're looking for a company that has mature processes for every little thing, that's not Kuali. At Kuali you can help shape policies and processes as the company grows and matures.

Advice to Management

Keep the hiring bar high. Be patient with growth and stick to the company principles. Stay the awesome course that's been established.

Kuali2017-06-07

"My favorite job so far"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Culture - People - I'm always learning from my peers. I never feel like I'm the smartest in the room, but neither does anyone else. Lots of humility from the people. - Benefits - Direct influence - I feel like I have a voice in what goes on (process, product, etc). I don't just get told what to do like I would at a public company or a company with investors. - Openness - Everyone is open and honest, from the company...

Cons

Still growing, still figuring out some business processes, but can be a positive because everyone has influence over the developing process.

Advice to Management

Keep the company going! Keep the values up front in all decisions, and always seek to improve.

Kuali2017-06-07

"Great company"

Current Employee - Accountant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali part-time

Pros

- Culture - Benefits - Smaller newish company (great thing for those of us wanting a change from working at giant old companies where you can start to feel like a number rather than a person and they are change averse no matter how smart an improvement is suggested. At my last job, my bosses, bosses, bosses, bosses, boss was still not at the top. Here I have spoken to those at the top and they know I exist)

Cons

- Smaller newish company (this can be a con too - if you'd rather have extremely well established processes rather then be involved in developing and/or refining them this may not be the right fit for you)

Advice to Management

Keep things going in the direction they are going. Make sure your employees and wonderful company culture remain a priority as the company continues to grow.

Kuali2017-05-03

"Employee Centric Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I get to work with people who are brilliant and nice. We get to work from home on Wednesdays and we get catered lunch Tuesday and Thursday. The time off policy allows for a flexible schedule and unlimited time off.

Cons

Kuali is small and growing which means employees are expected to be flexible and do things that they may think are outside of their assumed responsibilities.

Advice to Management

You can't over recognize people. Keep striving to create a culture that is as good for remote employees as it is for local ones.

Kuali2017-02-28