Kuali Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Kuali Software Engineer Reviews

Found 4 reviews

5.0
Joel Dehlin

"Great company with stellar benefits."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting approach to solve a huge problem in greater education which leaves a lot of room to grow in the market. They've managed to assemble an amazing team of people. Also, the benefits offered are the best I've seen.

Cons

There seems to be a few sacred cows that I have a hard time understanding. There's often good reasons behind the ones I've brought up. But sometimes the reasoning isn't much more than "that's just how it's always been".

Advice to Management

Constantly evaluate what ideas might be considered sacred or untouchable, and make sure we're doing them for the right reasons.

Kuali2018-06-13

"New, but so far amazing"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

In a word, autonomy. The ability to work closely with your team to solve problems and not have a lot of bureaucracy or interference from those outside the team. Of course autonomy is only a symptom of an environment that is trusting and believes in communication.

Cons

The organization is relatively small and flat, opportunities for growth may be limited but it's far too early to know for sure.

Kuali2017-07-13

"Company that delivers amazing experiences for both customers and employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-This company really cares about it's employees. Has amazing benefits and great work life balance. -Kuali treats you like an adult (surprisingly uncommon in software industry ). -Very transparent at all levels. -The people are very smart and humble.

Cons

Still in its early years and a lot of stuff to figure out. Does not always make the best decision, but still small enough to back track and fix it.

Kuali2017-07-13

"My favorite job so far"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Kuali full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Culture - People - I'm always learning from my peers. I never feel like I'm the smartest in the room, but neither does anyone else. Lots of humility from the people. - Benefits - Direct influence - I feel like I have a voice in what goes on (process, product, etc). I don't just get told what to do like I would at a public company or a company with investors. - Openness - Everyone is open and honest, from the company...

Cons

Still growing, still figuring out some business processes, but can be a positive because everyone has influence over the developing process.

Advice to Management

Keep the company going! Keep the values up front in all decisions, and always seek to improve.

Kuali2017-06-07