Kuno Creative Reviews | Glassdoor

Kuno Creative Reviews

Found 14 reviews

4.5
Chris Knipper

"Seasoned Professionals and Great People make Kuno an Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Vice President of Demand Generation & SEO in Avon, OH

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

- Smart teammates who work well on developing effective marketing plans for their clients. - Flexible work hours (Including Work at Home Wednesdays & Half Day Fridays in the Summer!!!) - Wide Range of Clients that keep it interesting - Ability for those who apply themselves to move up. - Company is concious about who it chooses to work with leading to awesome clients that are good to work with. - My teammates...

Cons

- Sometimes it's hard to find team meeting spaces for client/team calls.

Kuno Creative2019-02-11
  2. "I'm a little biased, but hear me out..."

Former Employee - EVP and Co-Owner in Houston, TX

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Unlike many agencies, Kuno isn't locked into a set process or batch of services for every client. In fact, you're encouraged to be as creative as possible. You're encouraged to form a trusted partnership with your clients and to deliver as much value as possible, instead of grinding out monthly deliverables. Kuno wears its core values on its sleeve, and you're rewarded for living them as well. What this means to you is...

Cons

If you're looking for an easy jaunt up the ladder to success, you won't find it at Kuno. If you want to work hard and learn how to realize your own potential, Kuno's a great fit. If you just want to learn how to use MarTech software and make yourself marketable, you won't make a great impression at Kuno.

Advice to Management

Kuno's got a great culture already, but I hope they will continue to innovate and stick to their core values at the same time.

Kuno Creative2019-01-27
  3. "Impressive small business"

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice variety of clients and industries, so it’s hard to get bored here. Great flexibility and work-life balance too.

Cons

Occasionally a bit chaotic, but nothing out of the ordinary for a small company.

Advice to Management

Better communication can cut down on chaos and ease stress.

Kuno Creative2019-01-31

"Good place to get experience"

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A variety of work and clients means you can learn a lot in a short time. Treat it as a paid internship if you need a marketing notch on your LinkedIn account.

Cons

Office is infested with mice and filthy. One manager insists on regularly bringing her whiny, disruptive dog that everyone hates to the office. Young, inexperienced managers in general don't communicate and are very insular, preferring to scapegoat and blame-shift rather than take responsibility. They keep losing contracts for a reason. Standards--from cleanliness to personal responsibility--are low and keep sinking.

Advice to Management

Better communication between management and individual employees is desperately needed.

Kuno Creative2019-01-01

"I didn't know what a great company culture looked like until I came to Kuno."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kuno Creative hires talented people and then trusts them to do what they do best. Management isn't there to micro-manage, but to inspire new ideas and ways of working that will best support the clients. Everyone works hard, but it's a flexible and laid-back work environment. Kuno prioritizes employee development and offers nice perks like happy hours and paid volunteer time off. It's a small company that feels like family...

Cons

Kuno's greatest strengths are its flexibility and agility, but this can also make it difficult for people who like a more structured environment or don't like change. You have to be someone who is self-motivated, constantly learning and looking for new ways to add value or you'll get left behind.

Kuno Creative2018-09-14

"Not a bad place to grow and learn"

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

Kuno was a great learning experience for me. Had a great time, there and enjoyed the company and the culture for most of the time. It was a great place to grow and learn.

Cons

Your work-life balance suffers sometimes. Also, clients and other employees can be difficult to deal with. the Curse of Competence is what killed me. Doing your job only to do others, is what is like in most agencies.

Advice to Management

Keep it going.

Kuno Creative2018-01-14

"genuinely enjoy working here"

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff is full of bright, motivated people. Lots of hard workers who are also friendly and interesting to share ideas with. Great creative environment.

Cons

Can't think of anything. The pace can be very fast at times but not in a bad way.

Advice to Management

Stay small and agile and keep the relaxed atmosphere.

Kuno Creative2017-12-23

"A Good Place to Start Your Career"

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned a lot while working for Kuno Creative. My manager was incredible—the best I've had in more than five years of professional work experience. I was given a lot of opportunity by upper management to show my abilities, which I greatly appreciated. I was also promoted several times in a relatively short period.

Cons

Like most agencies, your work-life balance suffers sometimes. Also, clients can be difficult. I exited my job for these reasons and because I did not like the career path that had been laid out for me; however, I wish I would have stuck it out, as it seems like other growth opportunities have opened since my departure.

Kuno Creative2017-09-13

"Great place to learn and grow."

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, lots of marketing innovation, ahead of the curve, work with the best marketing software out there. Learn a lot in a short amount of time and move up quickly.

Cons

Mostly standard agency/client services related stuff, heavy workloads at times, occasionally unrealistic client demands, etc. If you can self manage your time in that environment, not that big of a con at all.

Kuno Creative2016-06-09

"Fun Company"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company that feels small but works with massive brands on a global scale. Ideal for someone who wants a professional agency experience working with a variety of technologies. The people who work here friendly and the camaraderie among the offices is honestly one of Kuno's strongest pros.

Cons

Not many downsides here at Kuno. Work can get stressful at times, but it's comes down to how much effort you are willing to put forth– your work will speak for itself. Pay seems below average, especially in such an expensive city like Austin, TX. Leadership can seem late and even removed from in-office issues at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the well-being of your employees in the forefront of your mind. Be transparent and PROACTIVE when it comes to career advancement opportunities. Regular company sponsored events / happy hours / fun days would certainly boost the morale of the office(s). Seriously consider better perks: healthy snacks, Taco Friday, etc.

Kuno Creative2016-05-17