Kuno Creative Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2019

4.8
Kuno Creative Founder and CEO Chris Knipper (no image)
Chris Knipper

"Seasoned Professionals and Great People make Kuno an Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Vice President of Demand Generation & SEO in Avon, OH

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

- Smart teammates who work well on developing effective marketing plans for their clients. - Flexible work hours (Including Work at Home Wednesdays & Half Day Fridays in the Summer!!!) - Wide Range of Clients that keep it interesting - Ability for those who apply themselves to move up. - Company is concious about who it chooses to work with leading to awesome clients that are good to work with. - My teammates are the best ever and support each other no matter what. - No client revenue pressure. Often agencies are focused on adding/keeping clients to keep employees. - No time tracking, because employees are trusted to complete their work in a efficient time frame.

Cons

- Sometimes it's hard to find team meeting spaces for client/team calls.

2. "I'm a little biased, but hear me out..."

Former Employee - EVP and Co-Owner in Houston, TX

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Unlike many agencies, Kuno isn't locked into a set process or batch of services for every client. In fact, you're encouraged to be as creative as possible. You're encouraged to form a trusted partnership with your clients and to deliver as much value as possible, instead of grinding out monthly deliverables. Kuno wears its core values on its sleeve, and you're rewarded for living them as well. What this means to you is that working at Kuno can be something you're proud of and not just a paycheck or a step stone in your career. Kuno looks for clients that the company can believe in, so your job is made much easier by believing in them too.

Cons

If you're looking for an easy jaunt up the ladder to success, you won't find it at Kuno. If you want to work hard and learn how to realize your own potential, Kuno's a great fit. If you just want to learn how to use MarTech software and make yourself marketable, you won't make a great impression at Kuno.

Continue reading

"I didn't know what a great company culture looked like until I came to Kuno."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kuno Creative hires talented people and then trusts them to do what they do best. Management isn't there to micro-manage, but to inspire new ideas and ways of working that will best support the clients. Everyone works hard, but it's a flexible and laid-back work environment. Kuno prioritizes employee development and offers nice perks like happy hours and paid volunteer time off. It's a small company that feels like family - even the dogs who visit the office feel right at home.

Cons

Kuno's greatest strengths are its flexibility and agility, but this can also make it difficult for people who like a more structured environment or don't like change. You have to be someone who is self-motivated, constantly learning and looking for new ways to add value or you'll get left behind.

"Not a bad place to grow and learn"

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

Kuno was a great learning experience for me. Had a great time, there and enjoyed the company and the culture for most of the time. It was a great place to grow and learn.

Cons

Your work-life balance suffers sometimes. Also, clients and other employees can be difficult to deal with. the Curse of Competence is what killed me. Doing your job only to do others, is what is like in most agencies.

Continue reading

"A Good Place to Start Your Career"

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learned a lot while working for Kuno Creative. My manager was incredible—the best I've had in more than five years of professional work experience. I was given a lot of opportunity by upper management to show my abilities, which I greatly appreciated. I was also promoted several times in a relatively short period.

Cons

Like most agencies, your work-life balance suffers sometimes. Also, clients can be difficult. I exited my job for these reasons and because I did not like the career path that had been laid out for me; however, I wish I would have stuck it out, as it seems like other growth opportunities have opened since my departure.

"Great place to learn and grow."

I worked at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, lots of marketing innovation, ahead of the curve, work with the best marketing software out there. Learn a lot in a short amount of time and move up quickly.

Cons

Mostly standard agency/client services related stuff, heavy workloads at times, occasionally unrealistic client demands, etc. If you can self manage your time in that environment, not that big of a con at all.

"Fun Company"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company that feels small but works with massive brands on a global scale. Ideal for someone who wants a professional agency experience working with a variety of technologies. The people who work here friendly and the camaraderie among the offices is honestly one of Kuno's strongest pros.

Cons

Not many downsides here at Kuno. Work can get stressful at times, but it's comes down to how much effort you are willing to put forth– your work will speak for itself. Pay seems below average, especially in such an expensive city like Austin, TX. Leadership can seem late and even removed from in-office issues at times.

Continue reading

"A Great Place to Further Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than a year

Pros

The relationships, work hours, benefits and coffee. Kuno has a fun, diverse group of employees that are friendly and welcoming. Kuno has managed to successfully merge analytical and creative people. The culture is, by far, one of the best I've been part of. Kuno's work hours and "work from home" benefits make it a great place to work when you're looking for a good work/life balance as well as offering a comprehensive benefits package. Then there's free coffee... what else is there to say.

Cons

Stress, dogs, and work space. Working at a marketing agency can be stressful at times, however, you'll find that at any agency. Management does it's best to help alleviate stress whenever possible. If you're not a fan of dogs then Kuno might not be your cup of tea. At times, it's been reported that there have been up to 4 dogs in the office at once. There are multiple places to work, however, some of the meeting rooms are close to common areas so people have to be conscious of the volume of their activity (there are musical instruments in the office).

Continue reading
  9. "Learn something new every day!"

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kuno is fast paced, so you will learn something new here absolutely every day. From inbound marketing best practices and HubSpot software updates, to fascinating client facts, it is a life-long learners heaven! The atmosphere is pretty laid back, so you will often find employees jamming on the guitar, enjoying a round of putt-putt or swapping stories over a beer.

Cons

No cons, but be ready to work hard here. Like I mentioned, it is fast paced!

Continue reading
  10. "Top Inbound Marketing Agency Partnered with HubSpot"

I have been working at Kuno Creative full-time

Pros

Great environment, smart people, cutting edge

Cons

Fast-paced agency with clients coming and going based on projects

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 English Reviews