Kura Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 169 reviews

Kura CEO Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne
Pros
  • "Looking forward to my future with Kura(in 21 reviews)

• "Great place will recommend to students(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their are no cons working for kura i really enjoy its a really good job so their is no cons(in 11 reviews)

• "Scottish Power campaign is an utter disgrace(in 7 reviews)

1. "Kura Reveiw"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Glasgow, DE

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent training opportunities and ok benefits

Cons

these only appear for people who start to appear higher up. Also salaries are quite low with little to no raises

Advice to Management

research current job market for going salaries for employees currently working and attrition should no longer be a problem.

Kura2018-05-16

Kura Response

May 21, 2018Kura Recruitment Team

Thank you for your review. With over five years' experience here at Kura we would appreciate a little more insight into your time with the business, and this particular step within your career. Last year (with reference to our Customer Service Advisors) we invested across the board ...

2. "Great people"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Forres, Scotland

I worked at Kura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people Help and support Community feeling Incentives and fun activities

Cons

Third rate people to head office and new sites who seem to have a lot of money spent on their environment while we make do and are let down by promises in meetings with ceo No canteen

Advice to Management

Ceo shouldnt come on site with promises and then not deliver. Site needs money spent to make it more like other Kura sites

Kura2019-09-14
  3. "Good job for money"

Current Employee - Customer Collections Advisor in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The wage is £9 an hour

Cons

The shifts can be long

Kura2019-08-30
  4. "A fantastic company to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having been here for 7.5yrs, I have been on a very worthwhile journey that encouraged continuous development both personally and professionally. The Kura Fit recruitment process is insightful for both the candidate and the business, giving all parties and stakeholders a unique view of the skills required and building relationships right from the start. Kura Values are a fantastic way to acknowledge your... own learning. Stakeholders are encouraged to share and work together with the business needs at heart, yes it can be challenging but it gets results

Cons

Always encourage open communication Awareness of market salaries

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within, your best talent may already be in the business

Kura2019-08-09
  5. "Awful, don’t care about staff mental or physical health"

I worked at Kura

Pros

Make good friends, easy job

Cons

Management, money, you’re just a number to them

Kura2019-09-12
  6. "I hated my time there."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Kura full-time

Pros

Subsidised cafeteria made lunch a little cheaper..

Cons

High stress work with little support.

Kura2019-09-12
  7. "Inbound sales executive for bt products"

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Kura full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy work Great people Little pressure

Cons

Not cared for Awful commission No progression Hard to take holidays

Advice to Management

Care a little and allow people to make money

Kura2019-08-07

"Awful!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Sunderland, North East England, England

I worked at Kura full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can meet some lovely people though. There are a few people which I do hold close to me from there.

Cons

Where to start, management are lazy, sit on windowsill, do not listen to life problems. God forbid you have actual issues going on in your actual life, all you will hear is micro management comments (of course this is only for the upgrades because this is all management care about) I can honestly say I could go days without speaking to my manager even on days I was scheduled for cs briefs or 2m's. The only way I... knew he was in was the obnoxiously loud laughter down the end of the room from all the managers who played games, music and clearly told very funny jokes. I would email my manager and have complaints progress because they were not seen to. When the manager was confronted apparently he never recieved it but would always receive the email I would then resend... uncanny isnt it. One would assume he didnt do his actual job. The company will hire anyone, I mean the incompetence is outstanding. I never thought I would ever work at a place of work where they had to place signs up in toilets to tell staff not to smear faeces and blood on and around the toilets because of the alarming amount of complaints. There are no bonuses, they will occasionally give you alcohol which I do not agree with especially considering if they looked at their staff quite a high majority were alcoholics, you could see their hands shake at work. Oh and finally synthesis, myquote and citrix/pulse are quite possibly the worst systems I have ever had the displeasure to use. They are very unreliable and a headache to use.

Advice to Management

Actually visit your places correctly instead of "popping your head in", do not prewarn them. This will let you see the work place for what it truly is.

Kura2019-09-08

"Does not give a jot about people - poison, pure poison"

Current Employee - Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get paid, not correctly mind you. Please note, a senior member of management and support staff was standing over people making them give positive reviews so make of that what you will.

Cons

Where to start. Asked for non phone work to do at the suggestion of a (rare) helpful manager following a period of ill health knowing full well it was feasible as you always require cover on different tasks, got told to be proactive and seek therapy and they would not allow it! Does not give one iota about their staff, bully people following ill health and bereavement and pretend to have a "we care, people are our... priority" focus. This place has driven me to despair and I have even attempted suicide due to managerial bullying. The sooner I am out of here the better, unfortunately I'm not in a position to walk away but they can stick their notice where the sun dont shine! They also, laughably, have a drug testing policy for advisors whilst management sell the stuff, couldn't make this nonsense up.

Advice to Management

Show some compassion and if someone asks for help, give them it. Also, quit with the victim blaming.

Kura2019-08-18

"Give your all and receive nothing back"

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

People, dress down, location is okay,

Cons

They don't care about you at all, you are just a number and a bum on a seat. HR processes are a joke

Kura2019-07-12