Kura Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Kura Managing Director Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Wage is good in comparison to other call centre roles (in 3 reviews)

• Decent canteen,shift patterns aren't too bad (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Still a misconception of just a call centre however so much more to offer (in 5 reviews)

• Put it on a promise' is used when no one can be bothered to really help a customer (in 3 reviews)

"If you are joining RESPONSE at management level then think befor you make a decision"

Current Employee - Business Improvement in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Improvement in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Good for experience and developing skiils, good size company, good location

Cons

Poor in paying salaries, rewards or recognising employees. Not good for developing career within the company. Poor leadrship from the top

Advice to Management

Company needs a culture change

"Could be better."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working indoors. Most people were friendly. RHL offers younger people an opportunity to enhance their communications skills

Cons

1. It is a call centre but every one is crammed into it resembled a noisy chickencoop.
    2. Not enough "cool down time" in between calls. -Anyone who's ever worked in a call centre or in customer service in general knows that these roles are stressful. Having an assembly line of phones calls i.e. being understaffed, is not ideal for service levels, or customer or employee satisfaction.
    3. Employee's were expected to write notes while on call with the customer. I think it's obvious why this is a bad idea.
    4. No opportunity for advancement. Sure, one could rise to the heights of "team leader" which is one tier above "customer service rep" with a bit more responsability.
    5. No dignified recognition of employees. I once received a teddy bear!
    6. Tenure not valued; wages start low and stay low. I worked there for a few years and earned less than 7 pounds.
     7. Long hours. Working at anything for 12 hours days is lame. Even if I loved doing something, after being compelled to do it for 12 hours a day I would quickly come to despise it. Yes, I use the word compel, because people are compelled to "make a living".

Advice to Management

1. Reduce noise in the call centre.
    2. Allow some cool down time after every call. It is unnatural to serve people every minute for an entire shift.
    3. Allow employee's to write notes off call. (could be part of the cool down).
    4. Show more appreciation for employees. Make the work environment comfortable (decent equipment -chairs and headsets / quieter) Invest in employees via pay rises, other benefits (e.g. time off for exceptional service), and by offering employees meaningful training opportunities which would make them more valuable to the company.
    5. Short shifts (4 hours with option to work longer) with higher pay make more sense than a long shift with mediocre pay.
    6. RHL could be a pretty good place to work but the company seems to have a puritan work ethic and is perhaps blinded by profit which it does not seem to share with the staff. In my experience, RHL was not a bad place to start but it seems to be a company that people will plod along at until something better comes along but what is worse is that the company seems to be ok with that.

"consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Travel to many customer sites

Cons

Some red tape and re-organisations

Advice to Management

none

"Outbound Sales Agent"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training programme which was well structured and delivered by an engaging training. Shift patterns were also flexible. Good team atmosphere on the floor.

Cons

Very pressured selling atmosphere with managers often singling out one individual to ensure they made sales. Managers were only interested in people who made lots of sales rather than supporting those who failed to meet their targets.

Advice to Management

Ensure that workers feel supported at all times and focus less on targets and more on ensuring that customers are receiving the best possible customer service.

"CI Role at response"

Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura (Less than a year)

Pros

great focus on people and results

Cons

poor communications on company changes

Advice to Management

communicate, communicate, communicate

"Outbound sales"

Pros

Nice people that work their

Cons

Sales targets and scripting, moral can sometimes be low if sales targets are not getting met

Advice to Management

Change scripting

"Major concerns, with little improvement."

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So short-staffed that overtime rates are high, and always available.
    Canteen is reasonable.
    Reasonable hourly wage.

Cons

Management is very hit or miss. Most managers are extremely focussed on micro-managing.
    Employees have little to no interaction with payroll, planning or HR, and questions are all routed through management, who may or may not actually pass it on.
    If you aren't very friendly with someone in recruitment, your chances of advancement are minimal.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to directly query other departments, and ensure that you know what employee's medium/long term goals are.

Jan 26, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you did not have the best experience, if you’d like to contact us at recruitment.team@wearekura.com we can address your query directly, thanks.

"Still Response just re-branded."

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Decent canteen,shift patterns aren't too bad

Cons

This company is all glitz and no substance.Ive been working there for a short period,training was good,but totally different to what actually happens on the sales floor.Managers are so focused on stats,they have very little time for staff in any way at all.The support you get from floor walkers is hit or miss to the point where you feel stupid if you ask a question.Out of the 12 people in the training group,there are 4 left after two months.Its a very stressful job with no support for staff.

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough staff to support new staff as you must be throwing money awayvwith such a high turnover rate.

Feb 6, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience. We would like to be able to discuss this further if you’d like to contact us at HR@wearekura.com, thanks.

"Scottish power"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

Good canteen friendly staff mostly hours are good

Cons

Micro management is awful been there 2 years have had a few managers my recent one doesn't seem to know I exist, constantly moved departments, goal posts change every day, at this moment I don't even know what my department or job description is
    No COMMUNICATION what so ever
    Holidays are a joke but nothing is ever resolved on that

Advice to Management

Communicate with the staff, more positive feed back needed for morale
    Definetly a holiday system review needed

Mar 6, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass this onto the relevant department. If you would like to discuss any of the matters further please contact recruitment.team@wearekura.com

"Scottish Power"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pros of working at KURA for myself would be the people you are working with and the manager i had was a good manager but he TUPE'D over to KURA aswell.

Location wise the building is easy to get to right next to the passport office.

Cons

After TUPEING over to Kura for scottish power didn't think there would be a very big difference from previous company as its basicly the same job you are doing. But the differences are not so much in the job rather as the company and how they run things.

First of all sinse being at KURA i have felt more like a number than a person everything is monitored through the system at KURA so much so if you are having issues logging on to the systems so much so that you don't take a call right on your start time they deduct you for this. now i know this would be a good system for actually being late but considering the system is not 100 percent accurate and they try add 1 hour late on when you are only 5 min late at times (sometimes because of system issues) is a bit outragous.

Another issue sinse moving was we could not book holidays ourself through the "KURA APP" and had to ask our manager to send away and request this for us, this would not have been an issue but if you are being asked to book holidays through your manager it would be good if planning could actually get back to your manager about the holidays. i had asked for a holiday to be booked 4 weeks before the actual date so 2 and a half weeks had passed i had been bugging my manager to check up on whats going on as i still able to see the "KURA APP" that there were hours available but they were going down slowly as if people where booking it off.

So when i originaly asked for the holiday there where 60 hours available on that day more than enough time, but as the weeks went on it had dropped to 20 hours after 2 and a half weeks.

They finally got the holiday system fixed within this time so we could book our own holidays. which all where either rejected or were confirmed within 1 day.

I asked my manager to send away again and ask about the main day i needed off that i requested over 2 weeks ago for planning to then get back to him and reject the holiday stating there was a recent planning change that meant they could give no hours out on that day..... i requested this 2 weeks + ago when there was 60 hours available how does this make sense?

inadequate working space, the computers and people are far too close to each other you barely have any room to move and being that everyone is in such close proximity to each other it makes it impossible to hear some people at times. i know working in a call centre it can be loud with so many people talking but because its such a small office with everyone all jam packed together it makes it worse because managers talking are right next to you too and other employees so the noise can be terrible. With the office being so small the heat was also terrible at times this was another thing managers had to email away about to have the air conditioning changed which at times was ridiculous you are expected to wear business attire but its so hot you are getting sweat patchs through your shirt in the winter its not like it was even summer time when you could maybe understand it then.

Advice to Management

Give Managers more control to be able to do stuff, thats the point in having managers with minimum control who have to request to another department for so many issues.

Treat your employees more like people and not numbers i still don't see how it took 2 and a half weeks for planning to reject a holiday when as soon as the system was working we had holidays being accepted within 1 day in previous company manager could of straight just booked it himself.

If your going to boast about training your employees as being one of the main standards of the business then actually do so.

for over a month and a half of working there we received no training no updates on services or products like we normaly would this made being able to explain some of the new products more difficult aswell. to get us time off the phone for a team meeting this is something our manager actually had to request himself. when we were told this was something kura valued themselves on was training there employees.

Apr 7, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Hi there, I am sorry that your experience so far at Kura has not been the best.
    We appreciate all feedback and if you would like to discuss this personally then please do not hesitate to contact... More