Kura Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kura Managing Director Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne

"Worse Job Ever"

Former Employee - SKY Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - SKY Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None as all aspect were poor

Cons

They lied about pay structure
    No support from team leaders
    No Real training as didn't prepare for anything

Advice to Management

learn how to be more flexible with staff
    understand staff needs
    Understand how to deal with non ordinary situations were all human remember

"The worst job I have ever had. If you are given the chance, run!"

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't honestly think of any. On site cafeteria that's too expensive for the quality of food given.

Cons

Everything. Everything about this place is terrible. The hours, the staff, the training. We were not trained properly and had little understanding of what to actually expect on the call centre floor. The hours of work were terrible and the time taken to request holidays was utterly shocking with 80% of requests from ALL staff going unaswered. The company had thousands of posters promoting good work ethic and being friendly to one another but by far the was the rudest environment I have ever had the unfortune of working in. Team leaders were nasty and unforgiving. Other staff members were rude and unhelpful for new staff. I myself was let go because despite being given unrealistic targets, I received 2 letters from customers I had helped, letters saying how excellent my service was. I was given a verbal warning for one of those calls because it "took too long". The situation? A son, his father and a lawyer on the phone to me (on the phone to student loans for the 8th time) enquiring as to why he wasnt being funded. Due to several errors with system and other incompetent staff, his account had been disabled and 4 months prior to all this, the mother had passed away. I had been at the job for 5 weeks (also this being my first call centre AND being only 17) I took the call for 3 hours and made sure that everything was put back on track. The boy got funding intime for his course and received the correct funding. A verbal warning for DOING THE RIGHT THING is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Liquidize the company and start again. You have shocking policies where it is easier to fire a lot of people then bring in half that number during the busiest time in the year to deal with the increase in calls and the new staff have little to none experience. But don't worry, that just means you can fire them aswell, and drive up the numbers of people you have hired. Because that's all you guys care about. Not the customers, not your employees and apparently not your reputation either as everyone I have ever met that has worked or working for RESPONSE, shares the same opinion. This is a terrible place to work.

"HORRIBLE WORKING ENVIRONMENT, MANAGEMENT COULD DO SO MUCH BETTER!"

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of any pros, they do exactly what a call centre is supposed to do, treat people like the back of their shoe. One positive is the location and the offices very nicely made.

Cons

Senior management are a joke! They do not set good examples for their teams and they talk to you as if you are rubbish at the back of their shoe. The staff are also very strange, hard to work with as they have not made it elsewhere in their careers so all the rif raf is there. Also everyone gets paid different salaries to do the same job! Run while you can!

Advice to Management

Stop treating your staff like kids, give a little bit of respect to them as that what you rave on about and have plastered over your walls. Treat people fairly. But i think for response to change they need to get rid of certain managers from the higher up to change completely.

"Treated like a slave robot, not a person!"

Former Employee - CSA in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - CSA in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

You are treated like a slave. All they care about is stats. The canteen was too far away from the call floor. Breaks were timed meticulously without the time it takes for you to get to and from the canteen actually factored in. The training is terrible and their systems are hopeless - despite the client apparently suing the developers for creating it and then not using the compensation to get a new one. Go figure.

Advice to Management

Your staff are people, not numbers. You should treat them as such, then maybe you won't have such a high turnover of staff! Sky should take responsibility for that horrendous system they have too. And get a new one. LONGER BREAKS.

"Steer well clear!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor Student Loans in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Absolutely none what-so-ever, I really can't think of a good thing to say, maybe some of the fellow workers or 'robots' as I call them. Everyone in my training group 15 or so lasted less than 3 months there, one was suspended from training for having to go to the dentist because he had toothache

Cons

Pay was often wrong, or sometimes late.

VERY cliquish,

Bad management and extremely unnecessary red tape bombarded with unrealistic and targets

No career progression, unless you become part of their little clique, rude and unhelpful management that need to learn people skills.

Terrible training, we were taught from the projecter about systems etc because half the PC's were not fit enough for purpose.

Expensive canteen, and the food's awful, you can't really go outside on your lunch breaks as you don't get long enough!

Advice to Management

Resign, or fold the company before it's too late!

"Customer service adviser"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promise lots of progress. Training ok. Hoped for a full carrear

Cons

Make one error 2 weeks out of training. And rather than help or support you. Kick you out dont give teal reason why. Seen to offer to resolution or to play back your calls. They are rude un caring and dont follow through with their claims of supporting new staff. Stay clear of this lot

Advice to Management

Get rid of your management. Be honest with your staff. . And give people a chance. Student loans should remove their association with this lot

"If you are in a professional capacity go elsewhere"

Current Employee - Reward Administrator in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Reward Administrator in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities arise because so many people leave.

Cons

The people who 'run' the company do not know what really happens at grassroots level. Challenge their opinion and you sign your own P45. I have been here a while now and I have no clear management or direction. My department fails time after time and it is always finger pointing no resolutions.

Advice to Management

Come out from behind your doors and see how the company really runs. Take your clique blinkers off. The company is failing and you are assisting it in doing so.

"Customer service"

I worked at Kura full-time

Pros

The fellow agents keep you going.

Cons

If your not a yes person or your face doesn't fit then you won't go anywhere in this company.

"Brutal"

Former Employee - Scottish Power in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Scottish Power in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wage is good in comparison to other call centre roles.

The people are great also.

Training is great, however it in no way prepares you for life on the call centre floor.

Cons

Words cannot describe how miserable I became from working in here. I lasted 2 months on the phones and there were nights that I genuinely went gone crying because the job is so challenging.

The system does not work and targets mean that no one truly cares about the customer.

After a couple of months I found myself giving the wrong advice to customers to get them off the phone which is just completely wrong.

The policies and procedures followed by the company are ridiculous.

The training you receive seems completely irrelevant the second you get on the floor.

"Kura scottish power"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There used to be bonuses which drove you to work towards knowing youll be rewarded for it however this is no longer the case.

Cons

Minimum matternity pay only. no bonuses any more. Nothing to work towards your pay going up which is a little demotivating.

Kura Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you did not have the best experience, if you’d like to contact us at recruitment.team@wearekura.com we can address your query directly, thanks.