Kura Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kura Managing Director Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne

"If you are joining RESPONSE at management level then think befor you make a decision"

Current Employee - Business Improvement in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Improvement in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Good for experience and developing skiils, good size company, good location

Cons

Poor in paying salaries, rewards or recognising employees. Not good for developing career within the company. Poor leadrship from the top

Advice to Management

Company needs a culture change

"Could be better."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working indoors. Most people were friendly. RHL offers younger people an opportunity to enhance their communications skills

Cons

1. It is a call centre but every one is crammed into it resembled a noisy chickencoop.
    2. Not enough "cool down time" in between calls. -Anyone who's ever worked in a call centre or in customer service in general knows that these roles are stressful. Having an assembly line of phones calls i.e. being understaffed, is not ideal for service levels, or customer or employee satisfaction.
    3. Employee's were expected to write notes while on call with the customer. I think it's obvious why this is a bad idea.
    4. No opportunity for advancement. Sure, one could rise to the heights of "team leader" which is one tier above "customer service rep" with a bit more responsability.
    5. No dignified recognition of employees. I once received a teddy bear!
    6. Tenure not valued; wages start low and stay low. I worked there for a few years and earned less than 7 pounds.
     7. Long hours. Working at anything for 12 hours days is lame. Even if I loved doing something, after being compelled to do it for 12 hours a day I would quickly come to despise it. Yes, I use the word compel, because people are compelled to "make a living".

Advice to Management

1. Reduce noise in the call centre.
    2. Allow some cool down time after every call. It is unnatural to serve people every minute for an entire shift.
    3. Allow employee's to write notes off call. (could be part of the cool down).
    4. Show more appreciation for employees. Make the work environment comfortable (decent equipment -chairs and headsets / quieter) Invest in employees via pay rises, other benefits (e.g. time off for exceptional service), and by offering employees meaningful training opportunities which would make them more valuable to the company.
    5. Short shifts (4 hours with option to work longer) with higher pay make more sense than a long shift with mediocre pay.
    6. RHL could be a pretty good place to work but the company seems to have a puritan work ethic and is perhaps blinded by profit which it does not seem to share with the staff. In my experience, RHL was not a bad place to start but it seems to be a company that people will plod along at until something better comes along but what is worse is that the company seems to be ok with that.

"Awful Equipment and Managers"

I worked at Kura full-time

Pros

Good work colleagues, and to be fair the four weeks of training was informative and well structured although this was done by the outsourced company itself.

Cons

The targets are unrealistic, the managers are all power-crazed to the point of breathing down your neck if you go only a few mins over the call target time. The offices are cramped and loud, and you are publicly named and shamed on the massive "KPI Boards" around the work floor.

Advice to Management

Staff are not children. They don't need to be shamed if they don't do something right first time. Your targets mean that no customer gets first time resolution of problems, as staff are so desperate to get them off the phone ASAP.

"consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Travel to many customer sites

Cons

Some red tape and re-organisations

Advice to Management

none

"Outbound Sales Agent"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training programme which was well structured and delivered by an engaging training. Shift patterns were also flexible. Good team atmosphere on the floor.

Cons

Very pressured selling atmosphere with managers often singling out one individual to ensure they made sales. Managers were only interested in people who made lots of sales rather than supporting those who failed to meet their targets.

Advice to Management

Ensure that workers feel supported at all times and focus less on targets and more on ensuring that customers are receiving the best possible customer service.

"CI Role at response"

Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Kura (Less than a year)

Pros

great focus on people and results

Cons

poor communications on company changes

Advice to Management

communicate, communicate, communicate

"Outbound sales"

Pros

Nice people that work their

Cons

Sales targets and scripting, moral can sometimes be low if sales targets are not getting met

Advice to Management

Change scripting

"Major concerns, with little improvement."

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So short-staffed that overtime rates are high, and always available.
    Canteen is reasonable.
    Reasonable hourly wage.

Cons

Management is very hit or miss. Most managers are extremely focussed on micro-managing.
    Employees have little to no interaction with payroll, planning or HR, and questions are all routed through management, who may or may not actually pass it on.
    If you aren't very friendly with someone in recruitment, your chances of advancement are minimal.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to directly query other departments, and ensure that you know what employee's medium/long term goals are.

Jan 26, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you did not have the best experience, if you’d like to contact us at recruitment.team@wearekura.com we can address your query directly, thanks.

"Still Response just re-branded."

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Decent canteen,shift patterns aren't too bad

Cons

This company is all glitz and no substance.Ive been working there for a short period,training was good,but totally different to what actually happens on the sales floor.Managers are so focused on stats,they have very little time for staff in any way at all.The support you get from floor walkers is hit or miss to the point where you feel stupid if you ask a question.Out of the 12 people in the training group,there are 4 left after two months.Its a very stressful job with no support for staff.

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough staff to support new staff as you must be throwing money awayvwith such a high turnover rate.

Feb 6, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience. We would like to be able to discuss this further if you’d like to contact us at HR@wearekura.com, thanks.

"Scottish power"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

Good canteen friendly staff mostly hours are good

Cons

Micro management is awful been there 2 years have had a few managers my recent one doesn't seem to know I exist, constantly moved departments, goal posts change every day, at this moment I don't even know what my department or job description is
    No COMMUNICATION what so ever
    Holidays are a joke but nothing is ever resolved on that

Advice to Management

Communicate with the staff, more positive feed back needed for morale
    Definetly a holiday system review needed

Mar 6, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass this onto the relevant department. If you would like to discuss any of the matters further please contact recruitment.team@wearekura.com