Kura Reviews | Glassdoor

Kura Managing Director Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne

1. "Scottish Power"

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pros of working at KURA for myself would be the people you are working with and the manager i had was a good manager but he TUPE'D over to KURA aswell.

Location wise the building is easy to get to right next to the passport office.

Cons

After TUPEING over to Kura for scottish power didn't think there would be a very big difference from previous company as its basicly the same job you are doing. But the differences are not so much in the job rather as the company and how they run things.

First of all sinse being at KURA i have felt more like a number than a person everything is monitored through the system at KURA so much so if you are having issues logging on to the systems so much so that you don't take a call right on your start time they deduct you for this. now i know this would be a good system for actually being late but considering the system is not 100 percent accurate and they try add 1 hour late on when you are only 5 min late at times (sometimes because of system issues) is a bit outragous.

Another issue sinse moving was we could not book holidays ourself through the "KURA APP" and had to ask our manager to send away and request this for us, this would not have been an issue but if you are being asked to book holidays through your manager it would be good if planning could actually get back to your manager about the holidays. i had asked for a holiday to be booked 4 weeks before the actual date so 2 and a half weeks had passed i had been bugging my manager to check up on whats going on as i still able to see the "KURA APP" that there were hours available but they were going down slowly as if people where booking it off.

So when i originaly asked for the holiday there where 60 hours available on that day more than enough time, but as the weeks went on it had dropped to 20 hours after 2 and a half weeks.

They finally got the holiday system fixed within this time so we could book our own holidays. which all where either rejected or were confirmed within 1 day.

I asked my manager to send away again and ask about the main day i needed off that i requested over 2 weeks ago for planning to then get back to him and reject the holiday stating there was a recent planning change that meant they could give no hours out on that day..... i requested this 2 weeks + ago when there was 60 hours available how does this make sense?

inadequate working space, the computers and people are far too close to each other you barely have any room to move and being that everyone is in such close proximity to each other it makes it impossible to hear some people at times. i know working in a call centre it can be loud with so many people talking but because its such a small office with everyone all jam packed together it makes it worse because managers talking are right next to you too and other employees so the noise can be terrible. With the office being so small the heat was also terrible at times this was another thing managers had to email away about to have the air conditioning changed which at times was ridiculous you are expected to wear business attire but its so hot you are getting sweat patchs through your shirt in the winter its not like it was even summer time when you could maybe understand it then.

Advice to Management

Give Managers more control to be able to do stuff, thats the point in having managers with minimum control who have to request to another department for so many issues.

Treat your employees more like people and not numbers i still don't see how it took 2 and a half weeks for planning to reject a holiday when as soon as the system was working we had holidays being accepted within 1 day in previous company manager could of straight just booked it himself.

If your going to boast about training your employees as being one of the main standards of the business then actually do so.

for over a month and a half of working there we received no training no updates on services or products like we normaly would this made being able to explain some of the new products more difficult aswell. to get us time off the phone for a team meeting this is something our manager actually had to request himself. when we were told this was something kura valued themselves on was training there employees.

Apr 7, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Hi there, I am sorry that your experience so far at Kura has not been the best. We appreciate all feedback and if you would like to discuss this personally then please do not hesitate to contact ... More

"Not the worst but not the best"

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My team mates and training group were the best part
    You'd get wee prizes for promoting boilers etc
    My manager was really good and he would help you with anything

Cons

I worked there for around 6 months, everyone else in my team had a 1 to 1 bar myself so I had no idea how I was really doing.
    I found the calls very stressful, and when you asked for help, managers would be annoyed you're on hold too long or if customers wanted to complain, complaint agents wouldn't want to take the complaint so the customer would be even more angry
    No need to be open until 10pm
    You can only move up in the workplace if they like you, a colleague got move up to complaints who started at the same time as me but another employee who had been there months longer was still trying to move up
    Whilst on the phones certain managers would be shouting across the floor about being on hold, wrap up etc which was annoying when they're stood next to you and trying to speak to a customer

Advice to Management

Have a better career progression in place to make it equal and fair.

Mar 15, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you did not have the best experience, if you’d like to contact us at recruitment.team@wearekura.com we can address your query directly, thanks.

"Scottish power"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

Good canteen friendly staff mostly hours are good

Cons

Micro management is awful been there 2 years have had a few managers my recent one doesn't seem to know I exist, constantly moved departments, goal posts change every day, at this moment I don't even know what my department or job description is
    No COMMUNICATION what so ever
    Holidays are a joke but nothing is ever resolved on that

Advice to Management

Communicate with the staff, more positive feed back needed for morale
    Definetly a holiday system review needed

Mar 6, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass this onto the relevant department. If you would like to discuss any of the matters further please contact recruitment.team@wearekura.com

"Great"

Pros

On site canteen? This is slightly subsidised by Kura, team that I'm in is amazing and funny.

Cons

Sometimes management can get a little overzealous if you've been in wrap up for more than 2 seconds but that's just the nature of call centers.

"New jon"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

just started last month and training has been good. my trainer is really nice and supportive and they do help if you need it.
    Lots of different departments have been in to the group to talk over what goes on in the company like HR, recruitment and my team manager.

Cons

the training group are split up into different teams so you don't get to work with all the people you start with.

Advice to Management

too early to say

Feb 8, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback, we will pass this onto the relevant department.

"Improving"

Current Employee - Team Manager
    Current Employee - Team Manager

Pros

Good progression opportunities for those who work hard. Competitive salaries. Reasonable hours- no Sunday shifts and no night shifts.

Cons

Management is sometimes prone to knee jerk reactions.

"Still Response just re-branded."

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Decent canteen,shift patterns aren't too bad

Cons

This company is all glitz and no substance.Ive been working there for a short period,training was good,but totally different to what actually happens on the sales floor.Managers are so focused on stats,they have very little time for staff in any way at all.The support you get from floor walkers is hit or miss to the point where you feel stupid if you ask a question.Out of the 12 people in the training group,there are 4 left after two months.Its a very stressful job with no support for staff.

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough staff to support new staff as you must be throwing money awayvwith such a high turnover rate.

Feb 6, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience. We would like to be able to discuss this further if you’d like to contact us at HR@wearekura.com, thanks.

"Advisor"

I worked at Kura full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting amazing new people within the call centre.

Having a job.

Subsidised city car parking.

Canteen food is actually pretty good, quite expensive however a lot better than most call centres.

Cons

Pay- when you start you have 2 weeks deducted, you never get paid the amount specified, no one will answer your questions about pay nor will they care about your concerns.

Hours- 40 hour contract means that you can see yourself working a lot more than this in one week but management and HR will tell you that this works out on a monthly basis, it actually doesn't and you don't get any extra pay for this either! Hours vary and basically planning can change your shifts at any time and again no one is interested in hearing this.

Holidays- any holidays you book in advance can disappear at any given time and if you question this planning will tell you that these holidays did not exist in the first place (take screenshots!!) however they will still deny that these existed so you will not get your annual leave.

Management- management are down right rude and disrespectful and to be quite honest a bunch of morons who seriously let the power get to their heads. Will not speak to you and give fluffed up answers to any question that makes them feel like you are attacking the brand or being "out of place". The whole system is a complete disaster and no one seems to have any idea what's actually going on or how to manage staff.

Progression- this will not happen unless you really suck up to managers and are perfect in every way and completely robotic.

Sickness- if you ever find yourself in the position of being unwell please do not expect any sympathy whatsoever, if you call in sick you will be interrogated and demanded to come in a couple of hours later, if you say no then the management staff will argue with you regardless of how you are feeling.

Training- completely pointless, training does not prepare you at all for what's in the pipelines and please do not join with the impression that you will be working permanently for the position you applied for as they can switch you over to another campaign whenever they like. Training can vary from 1 week to 4 but whatever you receive is pretty crap anyway and is very general information that does not even give a slight indication of what your role will actually be like.

Advice to Management

Please get a better system in place and listen to the advisors on the floor as they are great people and doing an amazing job for terrible pay.

Team reps for issues that all advisors are experiencing to be redirected to management.

Management to be friendlier and more approachable.

For gods sake please sort out the pay issue as this is ridiculous!

Please take the concerns on board as these are not just from myself but advisors across the board who work for you.

"Major concerns, with little improvement."

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So short-staffed that overtime rates are high, and always available.
    Canteen is reasonable.
    Reasonable hourly wage.

Cons

Management is very hit or miss. Most managers are extremely focussed on micro-managing.
    Employees have little to no interaction with payroll, planning or HR, and questions are all routed through management, who may or may not actually pass it on.
    If you aren't very friendly with someone in recruitment, your chances of advancement are minimal.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to directly query other departments, and ensure that you know what employee's medium/long term goals are.

Jan 26, 2017 – Recruitment Team Leader

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Kura (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, friendly people and a perfect atmosphere

Cons

cant think of any. but might be a little bit tensed sometimes

Advice to Management

listen to staff