Kura "kura" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kura Employee Reviews about "kura"

Updated 4 Dec 2019

Kura CEO Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne
Pros
  • "Looking forward to my future with Kura(in 21 reviews)

• "Great place will recommend to students(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Their are no cons working for kura i really enjoy its a really good job so their is no cons(in 13 reviews)

• "I've worked call centre before and this is the worst(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "kura"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The People Make It"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love my colleagues, in the most part, and my manager is great. Most customers are decent too. It’s a good wage and I like the role I’m in,

Cons

The company policies (as far as they have been explained, that’s another thing), are a right pain. Since being taken over by Kura last year, we don’t seem to feel integrated in Sunderland. It’s like they’re Kura and we’re us, alone. Events are held, etc. but, since most of us didn’t get these “Welcome to Kura” talks and other stuff since, it still feels like we work for the old company but with more hassle now HR,... etc. isn’t on site. Plus the canteen. Nobody seems to know if it’s staying on, it’s closed by the time those on late shift take their lunch and there’s no alternative. However, we at least have enough tables now, although they’re tiny. We’re out under a lot of pressure to hit targets which hinder our ability to provide real quality customer service (10ish min AVHT target isn’t enough for proper conversation, plus everything we’re now needing to promote on top!) It can get quite stressful too and it seems that many aren’t shown how to do things when asked, it’s just done with no actual learning.

Advice to Management

Take the time to check in on your agents. Cut favouritism and stop the favourites slacking. Are our client really wanting us to rush our calls as much? Come on! Make sure all the IT is working and update the middle floor for heaven’s sake. Look after your agents, they need it.

Kura2019-12-05
  2. "The People Are Good At Least"

Current Employee - Customer Collections Advisor in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Colleagues are good, most of the management are decent.

Cons

It’s all a bit disorganised, partly because it feels like it’s Kura and their new Sunderland site, not that we’re part of the whole.

Advice to Management

Talk to your agents as equals, treat everyone the same (some cliques exist and mean some get favouritism and some get forgotten). I know it’s a hard job but this will help morale.

Kura2019-12-03
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Esure campaign"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than a year

Pros

Come in and do your job, not micromanaged. Managers helpful, most of them have been on the phones for the campaign, which means your coached by an expert, very approachable as well. Good pay for the job we do, scripted environment so very repetitive but paid very well for it.

Cons

On the esure campaign, kura are very rarely kept in the loop and often feel very distant from esure staff, wouldn’t say this is kuras fault though. 30 minutes only for lunch.

Advice to Management

You run a tight ship on this campaign which is good although sometimes flexibility would be appreciated.

Kura2019-11-30
  5. "A fantastic company to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having been here for 7.5yrs, I have been on a very worthwhile journey that encouraged continuous development both personally and professionally. The Kura Fit recruitment process is insightful for both the candidate and the business, giving all parties and stakeholders a unique view of the skills required and building relationships right from the start. Kura Values are a fantastic way to acknowledge your... own learning. Stakeholders are encouraged to share and work together with the business needs at heart, yes it can be challenging but it gets results

Cons

Always encourage open communication Awareness of market salaries

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within, your best talent may already be in the business

Kura2019-08-09
  6. "Damn Good Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the first time I walked in, every manager I've had to work with has been excellent. I've possibly had a good streak, but it's rare I'm that lucky. Most of the managers are good. - The Kura Values system is sound, and is actually applied at the Advisor / Team Manager & Director level - If you're up-front about struggles or needing additional support, they will bend over backwards for you. - They... have fixed shifts for each week (either for all time, or on rotation week after week)

Cons

Depending on the client you work with, will determine the quality of your day-to-day work. For example, I worked with a big-6 energy client, who by the very nature of having millions of customers, had various issues: - Unfulfilled promises - Systems that were too inflexible & prone to human-error - Unhappy customers I hear much better reviews from other campaigns, but your mileage may vary.

Advice to Management

Team Manager's: No problem at all, you've been great. Director level: You care about the staff and the bottom line, great to watch. The middle "operations management" bit: - Overall good job, but more transparency needed - Particularly in the case of moving people between departments - I had one case where my manager and a colleague were given 24-hours notice, but it had been planned for 6-weeks. - A... more recent large change was given 4-weeks advance notice, which is a good move, however just as customers need to have clear expectations, so do the staff. Currently so little information is share that they worry over uncertainties that really don't matter, but could easily be made clear.

Kura2019-03-03

"Disregard your freedom, join KURA!"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Kura full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has a canteen and also has over-zealous security guards/managers that ensure that your work attire is appropriate and if it isn't, they won't even send you home, their idea is to single you out amongst your peers to alienate you. Unless you're wearing something ridiculous like ugg boots and a bikini, you're there all day.

Cons

Working at Kura will challenge you, mentally, physically and emotionally. Your 15-man training group will be brazen on your first day, after seven weeks with no pay you will notice that your group starts to dwindle and decay, until you're the only one left, questioning the decisions that lead you to that exact moment.

Advice to Management

If you want to do everything the 'KURA' way, try scrapping all of your previous dead-end managers with terrible haircuts and work culture attitude towards employees, there is a big push for empathy and all that malarkey towards customers, but we're treated like polished turds.

Kura2019-01-10
  8. "Customer Care Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Kura is a great company to work for . I have worked here for over 5 years and have been given the opportunity of progression which is something Kura aim to do. The people are very supportive. Different shifts are available to suit. Good transport link and plenty of spaces to park if you drive.

Cons

no canteen but other place to get food

Advice to Management

..................................................

Kura2018-11-16
  9. "Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Adviser in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura part-time for less than a year

Pros

Kura have loads of staff benefits for employees to access. I have worked on a few different campaigns within Kura and have always been given the support and guidance I need to perform the best I can within my job role.

Cons

More part time opportunities would be good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work :)

Kura2018-11-16
  10. "Life at Kura"

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emphasis on staff as well as clients. For example, during the very bad weather last winter, Kura laid on food/drinks free of charge. Also, they were very mindful of how staff might get home.

Cons

Canteen not great and quite expensive. It is, however, outsourced.

Advice to Management

Keep It Up!!

Kura2018-10-31

"Doing things differently..."

Current Employee - Management & Support in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kura are separating themselves from other call centres; completely dedicated to our development. You are encouraged to think about your own personal development and career aspirations in addition to improving in your role - and are supported in doing so. The people - all work hard but really care about your potential.

Cons

Can't think of any at this stage

Kura2018-10-18