López Negrete Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
López Negrete President & CEO Alex López Negrete
Alex López Negrete

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There's a lot of room to grow and so many nice people to work for" (in 5 reviews)

• "learned a lot, people were cool" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management is full of politics, brown-nosing is encouraged and long-hours not rewarded in a proper way" (in 7 reviews)

• "This agency is a sweat shop, they literally will suck the life out of you" (in 5 reviews)

"I liked working there!"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at López Negrete full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot at LNC. Their team is strong and analytical. It was never boring, and we had fun. Liked the cool building environment and the occasional happy hours. Felt like family in some ways.

Cons

They had a bad year, and they're working out what they're going to look like in the age of technology. Moving away from broadcast to tech-connected media is going to be hard for everybody, but these guys see the challenges. Just need some fine-tuning. Holiday hours aren't good - they should close for Christmas week like everybody else.

Advice to Management

Keep tuning. Bring in some more fresh ideas (new people) and be more flexible with telecommuting and time off, especially at year end. That's what people expect, and you want good people to stay.

2. "Winning and losing"

I worked at López Negrete full-time

Pros

Possibility of fun projects for big clients and they attempt sometimes to be creative. A few actually get to be creative every now and then.

Cons

It independent meaning it is subject to the mistakes of an ownership that does not change, ever.

Advice to Management

Make some money

3. "Worst ad agency ever."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at López Negrete full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. It gives you money. That's about it.

Cons

-Company politics run the place. Doesn't matter if you are good or not.
    -Dont take care of their employees
    -It's all about the money
    -Very disorganized
    -They don't care about you, they only want to work you to the bone

Advice to Management

Retire, please.

"OMG-Sweat Shop, No Life"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at López Negrete full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Building is nice
    - You get to see the owners pulling up in New Ferraris and Mercedes
    - The security guy is really nice
    - Huge company parties for the holidays
    - Jamie in creative was the best

Cons

- This agency is a sweat shop, they literally will suck the life out of you. Management really sucks, they never really listen to what you say is complain about. So much favoritism with the ones that brownnose Alex and Cathy. Don't expect to grow unless you work 1000 hours a week. Forget about YOUR family, but its okay because they say you are family lol. They don't recognize your hard work, like if you work 23 hours straight it's not recognized because that's the norm. They used to have fun Fridays, and things were kinda cool when I first got hired. No one takes responsibility when they screw up, they point the finger at everyone. Did I mention the amount of work you put in everyday. God forbid you leave on time. Owners only care about the "click" it's like their own illuminati. It's crazy when you see you bill the client at $115 an hr for your time and you are getting $15 per say.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, you let go of alot of good people that brought you new business. Hire people that actually know what to do, it was a time I saw someone's train their manager while you could have just promoted the person that already knew what they were doing. Stop the favoritism, people see that. Take time to speak to your employees on their needs, it's not all about the dollar. For crying out loud, people have a life too, the same way you guys like to vacation us regula people like that too. Go look at other agencies reviews so you can see how an agency needs to be ran, it's supposed to be fun, creative, passionate, and just over all coming together as a team to come up with great, fun concepts. I remember when the agency was popping with great accounts and ideas but that's because of the people that were there. Eventually they get burnt out, or you just don't take care of them like you should and they find somewhere else to work, then you have to start all over. If you think about it, it's easier to keep the good ones that make you all those millions.

"No room for growth!"

I worked at López Negrete full-time

Pros

You develop friendships, birthdays are celebrated, the office decor is nice. Everyone gets to know one another because it is a small community.

Cons

Upper level management does not allow for growth. If you are hired, expect to be in that position for a long time. Expect to work long hours to get noticed.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your team members need for their career growth. Help them become the best they can be. Be fair to them.

"The worst ad agency to work for"

Former Employee - Creative Director
    Former Employee - Creative Director

I worked at López Negrete full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A firm in true decadence, still trying to make its way up in the ever-changing marketing world.

Cons

Too many to list here. A mom-and-pop shop, they run business like they run their families. Management is full of politics, brown-nosing is encouraged and long-hours not rewarded in a proper way.
    This mess of a company proved it's heading down after losing several AOR contracts like Verizon (2015), Chrysler (2016) and many others in the recent years.

Advice to Management

For the sake of everyone in the ad industry, just retire!

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at López Negrete (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary - Office Atmosphere - Nice Co-Workers - Big Accounts to work on

Cons

Sweat Shop, Over Spending by partners, Bad Egos, They Don't care about Your Familia or employees - Mismanagement of Money

Advice to Management

none - its too late

"Creative Director"

I worked at López Negrete full-time

Pros

It's a job. No more pros.

Cons

They are really unprofessional and disorganized. I really don't understand how they are still in business. They have no idea what a real agency looks like. It sounds hard but that its the sad true. The management has no experience working in advertising before they created the agency.

Advice to Management

Take some management clases, or some advertising lessons. You all are empiric learners recognize that.

"It's good experience to work here, but no longer than a couple of years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at López Negrete full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good accounts list, great people to work with (most are ok) from different depts.

Cons

There is no room for social or family life here, you could work 60-80 hrs on any given week. Unless you're an AE, you won't be noticed nor get the promotion. There are a LOT of new business pitches, in addition to your day-to-day, adds to the long days. Health benefits are not that great, they offer 401K that could be good if you enroll.

Advice to Management

Really look deep into who is really contributing to your company's growth and who is dead weight, you'll be quite surprised!

López Negrete Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for adding your review here. As you know, advertising agencies rely on pitches to grow the business. However, in our case the number of pitches per year averages no more than 10. During... More

"Assistant"

Pros

Fun Environment, Decent opportunity for growth if it presents itself

Cons

Myopic look at trends and current state of the industry

López Negrete Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your review. We do try to make our work environment enjoyable, whenever possible. that's what our employee events are all about. Also, helping our team members to grow their skills and... More