L Brands Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 15 reviews

4.5
L Brands CEO Leslie H. Wexner
Leslie H. Wexner
  1. "Great place, great people"

Former Employee - Director of Finance in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent talent within leadership and peers, good pay, good benefits, and always challenging work.

Cons

Competition is heavy, which goes along with good talent at all levels. If you're not willing to push yourself, it may not be the best place for you.

L Brands2019-05-19
  2. "By Far The BEST Company That I have Worked For!"

Former Employee - Director in Jackson, MS

I worked at L Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I can truly say that if you work hard, you are well rewarded for your efforts. I think that the company has a lot of things right such as incentives and education. I ran a niche for about 10 years in a dying market, and we were successful at what we could control. Review would not let me list the last year employed, but it was 2010, and I still have very good memories of the old 251.

Cons

Work life balance is often an issue, and sometimes it hard to let your VOICE be heard on issues.

Advice to Management

Look at Best Practices that made you great. I feel that the brand is so commercial now and doesn't carry the same weight as it once did. As a young adult, I liked the feel of buying in a pricey, exclusive boutique or niche store.... it doesn't have the same feel anymore. The perfumes were great, now they all smell the same. Go back to your grass roots and start being great again.

L Brands2019-02-20
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Finance Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent training ground for retail. Rotational opportunities through multiple roles and functions within finance in both brands and corporate.

Cons

Challenging work environment...things are always changing in retail. It is not for everyone.

L Brands2019-02-21

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good salary and benefits for central Ohio

Cons

very burn and turn, do not invest in their employees, very judgemental and not open to new ideas, the company tends to bring in a bunch of people throw them against the wall to see who sticks, then lays them off eventually anyway. No long term loyalty to the associate. Of all of the business units VS creates an environment of stress and distrust pitting associate against associate, no true team work no trust.

Advice to Management

Be open to new ways of doing things, you might not have so much turn over.

L Brands2017-10-11
  5. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Dublin, OH

I worked at L Brands for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing retail brands with excellent corporate governance and leadership from Chairman and Founder, Les Wexner.

Cons

Upward mobility and mobility across brands somewhat limited, mostly in Finance and HR.

L Brands2016-08-17
  6. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

Recognizable brands. Career opportunites are available if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Fast environment. If you are not up to constant change, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to help associates develop in their careers

L Brands2015-09-18

"Did well by me"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large company offers support and infrastructure smaller companies lack. Had opportunities to move between opportunities and stay fresh.

Cons

Can sometimes be too corporate. Culture is important but can be used to shut down conversations as well as foster them.

L Brands2013-05-09

"Good company, terrible culture"

Former Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands

Pros

Great bonuses and compensation level (but raises are minimal) Respect usually follows hard work Company usually manages to weather all kinds of storms well and perform to plan

Cons

Outdated departments and corporation model Top-heavy; senior management rides on the backs of its non-bonus-earning employees Difficult to get ahead with truly creative work Super-conservative outlook Insane spin No respect for the wish to have a life outside the company Top management stays too long (15+ years) and fails to remain current

Advice to Management

It would be nice if you actually "walked the talk".

L Brands2010-08-09
  9. "Very passionate shopkeeper!"

Current Employee - Director Staffing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

LB has a great employee-oriented culture and good benefits. There is an emphasis on promoting and developing internal associates. There are lots of tools and processes to help you get your work done. My department had good work/life balance and was a fun environment. The company is "values based" and encourages community service, respects for others, etc. Overall it's an excellent place to work!

Cons

Victoria's Secret is a very big, political organization and you have to be a good relationship builder to succeed there. It's also is very slow to change.

Advice to Management

Put less focus on "whom you know" in the company and more focus on results. Overall, very good job.

L Brands2009-04-06
  10. "Limited Brands: A great place to work if you can stand it"

Current Employee - Director of Production in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

Excellent benefits and perks, great people with like minded goals, excellent brands on top of game in the industry. fast and fun and fabulous people. Very open minded, very gay friendly, very equal opportunity.

Cons

no work life balance at all. little to no top down communication. little regard for people's time away from work. Virtually no kind of work endorsed social interaction. Direction from senior management is often unclear and rarely trickles down to the people that execute directives.

Advice to Management

don't make busy work for the sake of keeping people busy. working a 45 hour week is not SLOW, it's industry standard and normal. crazy making doesn't equal creative.

L Brands2009-02-02