L Brands Operations Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 12 reviews

3.5
L Brands CEO Leslie H. Wexner
Leslie H. Wexner
  1. "Great company culture and advancement opportunities"

I have been working at L Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Great culture, everyone is treated with respect * Diverse workplace with many different perspectives * Lots of growth opportunity * Encouraging environment that promotes self growth * Challenging day to day in away that helps you get better

Cons

* Work hours can be inconsistent * Competitive Pay?

L Brands2019-04-18

"Operations Supervisor"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

Development: They take development very serious. Starting out, you will most weekly have a “Touchbase” with you supervisor/manager to discuss your development. You are encouraged provide to feedback all around. Work environment: The work atmosphere is fairly laid-back and casual. It’s not a high operation tempo atmosphere like you find at say Amazon. Hours: This can go both ways as a pro/con, but the bottom...

Cons

Bureaucracy: while you are going to find bureaucracy in any work environment, I found LBrands to be a bit extreme. In short, It is an extremely fake environment. It was a rare occasion that I found myself having a genuine conversation in meetings our with leadership. You are also constantly being evaluated and your peers won’t hesitate sell you out or throw you under the bus. High Turnover: During your interview...

Advice to Management

Invest in your in your employees, give specific guidance and expectations, and be honest with candidates in the recruiting process.

L Brands2018-10-18

"Operation Suprevisor"

Former Employee - Operation Supervisor in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

working with diverse associates. Being able to assist the associates. Enforcing LBrands Way Clean Environment

Cons

Growth Opportunity. Unfair treatment toward female (female of color) Hostile envirnoment Unfair labor

Advice to Management

Open door for female especially women of color

L Brands2018-04-09

"DC Operations"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits Employee Engagement, with an open door policy Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

On Boarding training very poor DC Associates run the show Operations Managers don't care about direct reports Working hard doesn't pay off Have to be fake to move ahead

Advice to Management

More direct feedback

L Brands2017-12-18
  5. "Great Company to work for"

I have been working at L Brands full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture is impressive; growth opportunities are everywhere

Cons

Can be too political if you're looking to grow your career

Advice to Management

Keep growing from within

L Brands2017-09-22
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at L Brands full-time

Pros

Lbrands has created a healthy work culture. They provide the opportunity to develop and progress. There are different shifts available (weekday, weekend, flex shifts) and they value performance based promotions instead of tenure.

Cons

The opportunities lie in the fact that the environment is highly political. Although promotions are performance based, some people may be able to get around that by saying the right things to the right people instead of putting in the effort

L Brands2017-02-11
  7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Operation Supervisor in Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at L Brands for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, development, easy going team, safe environment. Great benefits

Cons

Favoritism, salaries could be better

L Brands2016-04-22

"DC4 Victoria's Secret"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits start day 1, good PTO if you start in first 3 months of the year. Scott Frazier is amazing at his job.

Cons

Horrible Culture, Bad work/home balance, Zero respect for their people, HR driven, cowardly managers. Flat out liars. They are not there for you. I wasn't even trained properly and still was able to put everything together and help make improvements. When I told my manager that I didn't get any training he told me and I quote "that's what we think of you"

Advice to Management

When you decide to fire someone for nothing remember what your doing to that person. give some heads up that something's not right instead of praising said person. I was let go without a warning or a talk or anything. In fact the person who fired me, when I asked if there was anything I could change or do better, I was told no your perfect, your doing great, asking questions, staying involved, and building relationships...

L Brands2015-05-31

"A great place to work!"

I have been working at L Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, for a warehouse operation its fairly clean, temperature controlled and very hi-tech. They are very competitive in the marketplace and always growing and changing to meet business and customer needs. This affords a great opportunity for next level experience and development.

Cons

Upward mobility is tough, not impossible but they do not have a lot of turn over in management.

Advice to Management

none.

L Brands2013-10-29

"Good Start to a Career...but movement is a must"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands

Pros

Good strategic direction, overall good leadership, smart, young, hip company. Work-life balance is fair, you get a significant number of PTO days from start. Discount is good if you are a female. Good place to start a career, get chance to learn a lot about the retail fashion industry.

Cons

Lacking realistic long-term opportunities for high achieving individuals..."need to wait your turn" in a lot of situations. Dead-weight in many areas of the organization..."lifers" exist almost everywhere and are clogging up opportunities for younger, talented employees. Lacking pro-active approach to doing business, lots of reacting. Extremely seasonal industry, super busy during holiday season.

Advice to Management

Develop way to speed up development, promotions, career opportunities for young, educated, high achieving folks, or they are going to walk....as many do.

L Brands2011-06-12