L Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
L Brands Chairman and CEO Leslie H. Wexner
Leslie H. Wexner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • People seem genuinely happy to be there and have a good work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• fast paced environment, always learning new things (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance did not exist (in 50 reviews)

• Retail changes frequently, can be long hours (in 29 reviews)

1. "safety services officer"

Pros

schedule, discounts, smells good & easy

Cons

lying management, HR is horrible.

"BE ADVISED....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time

Pros

Perks- Summer Hours (Which most cannot use because of heavy workload), discount, associate sale events, and events during work hours (Which you really cannot enjoy because of the heavy workload)
    -Cool work environment design
    -Real chefs prepare lunch, and there are plenty of options

Cons

-HR partners are partners to management, not you. Be careful what you say to them, as they do not commit to confidentiality. Also, they will not work to resolve issues you are having within your role. They will act like they are your best friend, but they are not, its a ploy
    -If your manager does not like you, they will do use every mistake to get you out the door, regardless of whether or not this was a shared responsibility, if others are making the same mistakes, or they may just construe the facts to make it your fault. Numerous managers, and employees were either terminated, or left just in the short time that I was there, that is why the company is always hiring. However, they will tell you that its due to the company's growth, or many opportunities in other areas
    -Most of the Management is not there to help you develop, its dog eat dog. Everyone is constantly focused on CYA. There were very few managers in my department that truly understood how the lead, and they were being managed by several layers of upper management who lack basic interpersonal and leadership abilities
    -Very clique driven environment, a lot of people are distant if they do not know you. You also have to be careful with who you deal with or how; those who are friends with managers will talk poorly about you even on the most trivial matters
    -If you haven't gotten the gist, be prepared to kiss a lot of butts, and play the corporate politics game

Advice to Management

None. The dysfunctional culture there is so deeply rooted, it would probably take a complete management overhaul in order to even begin fixing the issues there.

3. "Outrageous quotas"

I have been working at L Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some areas you can work four day's a week 10 hour shifts in the distribution areas.

Cons

To much favoritism between some supervisors and associates. It's like a revolving door with people being let go. They bring on a large group of seasonal help then cut core associates hours down. Not a good job if you need to count on regular hours.

Advice to Management

Stop treating core associates so poorly. They should be given hours before seasonal . Management constantly says well hours being cut due to business needs. Every time they cut associates hours management should lose part of their salary as well. Then I'm sure they would change their tune. We all have bills to pay.

4. "Not worth it"

I worked at L Brands full-time

Pros

None, nothing, no pros available at this time!

Cons

Pay is Too low and only get 25cent raise based on how much you pick, which most of the days aren't your fault. Of course you have lazy co-workers who will affect your performance.

5. "Somewhat good environment"

I worked at L Brands full-time

Pros

Big Company
    Good Pay and Benefits

Cons

No formalized training past the initial orientation
    Hard to get with your supervisor even with the "open door" policy
    Very clique-oriented culture

6. "A Bad Place to Work"

I worked at L Brands full-time

Pros

Salary was better than average.

Cons

People were put in charge that are no leaders

7. "Service Mrechandiser/ Seasonal Lead"

Former Employee - Merchandise Processor/Seasonal Group Lead in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandise Processor/Seasonal Group Lead in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at L Brands (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new and difference people

Cons

Supervisors don't support personnel enough

Advice to Management

Respect and support employees more

8. "terrible"

Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay, co-workers, discount, nothing and nothing

Cons

leadership, never ending workload, be prepared to work 24/7, no respect for work/life balance

Advice to Management

listen to your people, trust your people, stop changing your minds back and forth because your people all think leadership is chasing their tails

"Not as progressive as they want you to believe"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time

Pros

Benefits and hours were good

Cons

HR department is a joke. They are not there for associates in the least. Company is not nearly as progressive as they would like to seem. Great work environment is only available to those people and positions deemed worthy. Felt like I was in high school again with the cliques and snooty attitudes. To keep with their "inclusion matters" mantra some managers are able to keep jobs they should never have had in the first place. Even after associates go to HR and upper management nothing changes but more retaliation from said managers. When they moved our department to a city 1+ hours away, we were offered a job there or nothing. I was given 1 fake interview for over 30 positions I applied to, at this point I had been in my current role 3 years and with the company 10 years. They had no interest in assisting lower level employees in staying with the company.

Advice to Management

Stop and remember how you would like to managed. Listen when your employees when they share their concerns. Don't make up policies that you can't back up simply to hurt others. Don't question how long a breastfeeding mother is allowed to pump at work; email sent to management about child being almost a year old and questioning when HR can get involved and tell me I can no longer pump at work. All this after using only my 15 minute break to do so, never asking for additional time.

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Merchandise Processor in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandise Processor in Reynoldsburg, OH

Pros

Discount at Henri Bendel & Victoria Secret & Bath & Bodyworks

Cons

Working mandatory over time. Not having enough work most days