L Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
L Brands Chairman and CEO Leslie H. Wexner
Leslie H. Wexner

Pros
Cons
  • Great work / life balance and learned a lot (in 38 reviews)

• Long hours and retail can have rough months (in 23 reviews)

1. "Service Mrechandiser/ Seasonal Lead"

Former Employee - Merchandise Processor/Seasonal Group Lead in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandise Processor/Seasonal Group Lead in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at L Brands (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new and difference people

Cons

Supervisors don't support personnel enough

Advice to Management

Respect and support employees more

2. "terrible"

Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay, co-workers, discount, nothing and nothing

Cons

leadership, never ending workload, be prepared to work 24/7, no respect for work/life balance

Advice to Management

listen to your people, trust your people, stop changing your minds back and forth because your people all think leadership is chasing their tails

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Merchandise Processor in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandise Processor in Reynoldsburg, OH

Pros

Discount at Henri Bendel & Victoria Secret & Bath & Bodyworks

Cons

Working mandatory over time. Not having enough work most days

"Returns Processing"

Current Employee - Returns Processor in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Returns Processor in Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers, great work environment

Cons

Passed over for bonuses and promotions even if you meet or exceed work expectations. Pay after 15 years is still not enough to live on, according to many employees.

Advice to Management

I feel management should learn to show appreciation in ways more than just the free monthly lunch. Employees should be rewarded for their effort and performance, and given proper room to grow in the company. Also, health Insurance would be nice.

"sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davie, FL

Pros

the products are very good.

Cons

call in working hours , hours cannot sustain you and store management that dont inform you of protocol and block you from progressing age or color important they are very sweet on your face. There have been 5 people who advised me against this company.

Advice to Management

check your store working hours policy Spah equals work but Management is required to be on the floor, and NO Spah means NO income and this is an equal opportunities co. If your spah is good they put you on Cash or your sales are not entered in your name. This was brought to my attention and I did not believe it. I will never spend a dime in this company again, I have experienced discrimination first hand and, then, was told I would be monitored because I put my thoughts on paper and questioned what I was experiencing..None of this SPAH was ever spelt out in writing, the guide handed over even said talk to you store Manager or call human resources its an eye wash for the labor dept..

"Political. unfair treatment of associates and management below SM"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at L Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

base pay is good. paid time off is good. associates are hard working and do well when encouraged by the right person (like any human.)

Cons

Managers never bonus. The hierarchy is toxic. Store managers are too close to the District managers to complain to anyone and HR is a joke. Very much the feel of a huge corrupt corporation. They implement new policies/practices to make bottom line without ever sharing the result of the previous direction with management and typically change the roles/direction etc too quickly before the associates or management can adjust and make an impact. its CONSTANT compliance to a new direction without ever mastering it and letting the new forced learned behavior impact business before they change the direction completely. its ALL politics, who knows who or who's the biggest brown noser. its aggressive and demanding and hardly rewarding. though the base pay is decent, the bonus structure is out of reach so the promise of reward is literally nonexistent.

Advice to Management

too far gone. i really don't think anything will help. those drinking the cooled have gone too far to ever come back from their place of misery. and misery loves company. advice to applicants: accept the job, collect the check, but never stop looking for the next opportunity. that place will ruin your life if you stay.

"AWFUL Moral"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good, and the salary is on a high scale but the risk isn't worth the payout.

Cons

Dishonest high level employees, bad moral, lies and coverups on the regular. Get ready to work like a dog and take the blame for others mistakes. Oh and they dislike when people try to do the right thing and stick up for themselves.

Advice to Management

They need all new management

"DC4 Victoria's Secret"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Reynoldsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Reynoldsburg, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits start day 1, good PTO if you start in first 3 months of the year. Scott Frazier is amazing at his job.

Cons

Horrible Culture, Bad work/home balance, Zero respect for their people, HR driven, cowardly managers. Flat out liars. They are not there for you. I wasn't even trained properly and still was able to put everything together and help make improvements. When I told my manager that I didn't get any training he told me and I quote "that's what we think of you"

Advice to Management

When you decide to fire someone for nothing remember what your doing to that person. give some heads up that something's not right instead of praising said person. I was let go without a warning or a talk or anything. In fact the person who fired me, when I asked if there was anything I could change or do better, I was told no your perfect, your doing great, asking questions, staying involved, and building relationships with your team. 9 days later I was fired and told that because I was in my probationary stage that they did not have to have a reason or give me any warning. They really just don't care about you as an individual, my work was better than expected I was already making improvements to the department I was running and my team loved me. I was fired because one manager did not like me because of where I went to school.

"Ambitious individuals need not apply"

Current Employee - Product Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Management in New York, NY

I have been working at L Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is for Bath & Body Works specifically:

- decent discounts
    - relatively low stress
    - fly between to NYC and OH via private plane

Cons

- no upward mobility
    - the work is not challenging, your resume will suffer because of it
    - HR is completely useless and does not understand that when people are in their roles 5+ years and only the same 2 people get promoted each year, the morale is incredibly low
    - When we were hiring a new person on the team, my manager directly told HR not to hire anyone "too ambitious"

Advice to Management

Force management to get on the same page and stop the churn. Become strategic and empower your employees.

11. "It was not great"

Pros

Pretty store and merchandise

Cons

Dress code unreadable work load no payroll

Advice to Management

Dm was micro manager