L Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

L Brands Reviews

Updated December 19, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • People seem genuinely happy to be there and have a good work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• fast paced environment, always learning new things (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance little to none (in 51 reviews)

• Retail changes frequently, can be long hours (in 29 reviews)

"Customer Service Representative"

Pros

The sales, team atmosphere, and reliability of job. They also have tuition reimbursement program for those quality, which is great.

Cons

It is very hard to advance as management (like most companies) tend to play favoritism. There is a certain "look" you have to have with not many African-Americans within management positions which is quite disheartening.
    However, they do have more women within management positions than you will probably find in another company. I was with the organization for over 10 years as a Customer Service Rep and wanted to advance in HR as I was attending school for Master's in this particular field. I found that the company did not truly provide opportunity for those who wanted to find ways to advance. I worked and attended university full time and simply didn't not have the time to complete an "internship" that would allow for me to obtain the practical experience needed for such a position.

Advice to Management

I would say that management needs to be trained a little more in career mentoring, in order to truly assist those with reach an understanding on how to advance in the company if they wish to. Turnover while it has lowered more than likely due to an unsure economy, is a big deal as it is important to understand why employees are leaving and how to not lose valuable employees who can truly be an asset to the company.

"Strong culture with smart people"

Pros

Very smart people, amazing to learn the Les Werner way.

Cons

Color within the lines and you'll do well. Not for the independent types.

3. "inventory control associate"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Columbus, OH

Pros

Pretty decent atmosphere to work in not bad people to work with most of the time good Med medical benefits Fair working environment

Cons

A lot of political playing certain people making news 2 to try to get you dismissed because they didn't like how you worked put you in bad situations

Advice to Management

People underneath supervisors are making power moves putting people in difficult situations making them look bad

4. "Working environment"

Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a friendly atmosphere. There are many young physically attractive females.

Cons

The work load never stops increasing.

5. "Good Place"

I worked at L Brands full-time

Pros

It is overall a good place to be. Everyone there is very nice and helpful and it is clear everyone cares about succeeding, and they do it together.

Cons

There is much in the way of cons, the biggest thing is it is hard to get promoted. You will work very hard and no one will notice because everyone is so busy.

Advice to Management

Just keep encouraging your employees.

6. "Good company, High Demand"

Pros

Great discounts on products, flexible

Cons

Demanding, expectations are high, expect long nights. Pay well also means deliver results.

"I am leaving with a neutral feeling."

Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are outstanding even for an entry level employee. The majority of the people are great and it's a nice atmosphere to work in.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you know somebody. To many leaders are in over their heads and don't have the qualifications to justify their position.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing your employees and trust them, that they will do their job.

8. "No room for advancement like they promised."

Current Employee - Clerical in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Clerical in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of Distribution Centers in the network. Lots of community involvement.

Cons

Feel stuck in current role despite many attempts and applications for other positions. There is no feedback or direction for what you may need to do to get in other roles.

Advice to Management

There are many smart, talented, and dedicated people within your organization. You really need a better way of identifying them and developing them further or you run the risk of losing them to your competition or other companies.

"Seasonal Shipping"

Former Employee - Shipping in Chillicothe, OH
    Former Employee - Shipping in Chillicothe, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. During the Christmas season they had food catered daily and gave away free stuff.

Cons

I drove 60 miles one way every day that I was scheduled and was one of the last seven people left at the end of the season and they did not keep me for full-time. I worked my butt off and was hoping for a full-time job but was let down!!!

Advice to Management

If someone is driving over 50 miles one way to a job and shows up every day given the opportunity for a full-time position and then make a decision after that!!! If they drive that distance one way every day to me that would be a dependable person to have work for you ...

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Success brand company poised for greater growth via international sales. Great training ground for future career moves

Cons

No work/life balance. Everyone out for their own careers. Bosses play favorites though try to disguise what everyone else sees. Work 10-11hrs days, then at home and weekends but bosses say they don't want you doing that but they're doing the same thing

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Thinly veiled cliches like "focus on the few that produce the many" is another way of saying you're going to be doing a whole lot of work, even more than last year, we're just going to recategorize it under 3 main headings. Oh you'll still be tackling 20 different items, but we'll tuck them away under 3 names. See, we just cut out so much of your workload. lol