L'Occitane Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
L'Occitane Directeur Exécutif, Président du Conseil d'Administration et Président Directeur Général Reinold Geiger
Reinold Geiger

Pros
  • Great Products, great discount, good company values (in 41 reviews)

• An exciting place to work, with gorgeous products and a very generous employee discount among other regular perks and incentives (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not give store-level employees the support they need to meet their goals and succeed (in 28 reviews)

• There are no benefits for part-time (in 23 reviews)

1. "Brand Manager"

I have been working at L'Occitane full-time

Pros

Entrepreneur, Pragmatic, Great Branding, Family Spirit

Cons

Wages Competitiveness, HR Career Centre,

Advice to Management

Keep on structuring WW

2. "Working environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is not too bad just needs some work

Cons

Need to be more stringent with getting rid of unprofessional employees especially upper management in corporate.

Advice to Management

In order to strive and to be more successful as a Great place to work! First you have to maintain your great employees and get rid of the bad apples. Not overlooking why employees choose to leave!

3. "Part Time Sales Associate"

Current Employee - PT Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - PT Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working in the small boutique environment. The products are well made and world known. I like the one-on-one customer service approach. I believe in the company's commitment to natural, organic ingredients. The discount is generous (40%), and we often receive free product. There is plenty of opportunity for product/sales training. There is an in-house Talent Advancement Program in which my manager and I worked through a booklet that trained my to be a store manager.

Cons

At my location there are no full-time positions available except for store manager. I would have to relocate to advance. There are no benefits for part-time. Sometimes the company posts a directive then changes it, so being flexible is important. As with all retail there are certain products that are expected to sell more than others and that can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Streamline in-store/web-only promotions. Realize all the boutiques are not created equal-some markets are not like New York, LA, or Chicago.

5. "Promising for Retail Employment"

Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate

I have been working at L'Occitane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are interested in retail, I would encourage you to look into L'Occitane. They have respectable benefits and pay and with the right management, this can be a fulfilling job. There seems to be a lot of potential for upward mobility if you are interested in that. Really though, I work for an excellent Store Manager and that has made a world of difference in my experience.

Cons

There are not many opportunities for full time employees. There is a major disconnect between "corporate" and retail level and many instructions do not work well in practice on the store level. It can be frustrating too to be a part of a European company knowing that their experience overall within the company is very different to ours.
    There is a lot of stress involved in being expected to meet certain sales goals when we do everything in our power but are still falling under.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your team members/ store managers more.

Also it is really frustrating how temporary products are. Every day there is at least one upset customer who was loyal to a specific scent or product.

6. "Great side job"

Pros

Really enjoy working here! It really feels like a team effort and not to mention the products are amazing.

Cons

Sometimes the goals are really high putting a lot of stress on the employees.

7. "Good but could be better"

I worked at L'Occitane full-time

Pros

Great incentives such as free products during new campaigns

Cons

No room for growth and strict on hours provided to employees

"Ok for part time work. flexible schedules"

I worked at L'Occitane part-time

Pros

Good team atmosphere, good company values

Cons

Non competitive pay, bonuses hard to achieve

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage to retain good employees

"No room for growth"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive work environment and high end products.

Cons

No room for growth, low hourly rate.

Advice to Management

Give outstanding employees a chance to move up in the company or at least give raises based on individual performance, I've seen some amazing co workers leave because they were over looked.

10. "Best French Based Company"

Former Employee - Junior Executive Client Experience Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Executive Client Experience Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at L'Occitane (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best company I've ever worked for they gave me a great opportunity and they also gave me a lot of room for personal contributions to cultural awareness and cultural diversity!

Cons

All the corporate location are in only two states!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

11. "Key holder (part time sales associate)"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate/Key Holder
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate/Key Holder

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Doesn't pay bad, nice co workers, fun environment, and doesn't have commission..which I like, because the co workers help each other, and nobody gets in fights or tries to steal each other's clients, because of that I find that we have a really friendly/professional type of environment.

Cons

We have goals to sell certain products, its too forceful and makes all the clients uncomfortable and scared to come back.

I get the goals, but every few months, we have a different focus on a certain product, that we have to sell. The problem with that is, everyone wants to sell the product at all costs.

Alot of times the costumers specifically say they DONT want the product or whatever, that they just wants what they came in to buy, and we (the employers) end up making them feel unconfortable and annoyed because we have to follow up with the instructions we are given.

Advice to Management

Work on selling the "focus products" by offering it once and giving a brief explanation, without forcing and accepting no for an answer.