L'Occitane Reviews | Glassdoor

L'Occitane Reviews

Updated February 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great Products, great discount, good company values (in 41 reviews)

• An exciting place to work, with gorgeous products and a very generous employee discount among other regular perks and incentives (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not give store-level employees the support they need to meet their goals and succeed (in 28 reviews)

• There are no benefits for part-time (in 23 reviews)

"No Development"

Former Employee - Management in Woodside, NY
    Former Employee - Management in Woodside, NY

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and hardworking coworkers.
    Great partnerships with programs that give back.
    401K and health insurance
    Quality customers

Cons

Lack of structured development program.
    Short term development falls through during busy seasons (May, November, and December)
    Unprofessional Store Managers, District Managers and Regional Directors
    HR does not do a good job in reconciling store level issues
    Unhealthy physical and mental work enviorment

Advice to Management

Do not belittle your team members. At the end of the day, they bring in the money you sorely want. Listen to store level employees needs and communicate effectively. Follow through with promises on resolving issues. Do not bully your employees. Stop breaking labor laws.

2. "Nice working environment"

Pros

people are working together effectively as a team

Cons

the management team is not very organized, schedules are last minute

"Sales assistant"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get great gifts for employees and customers
    Nice coworker/ customers
    Good discounts 40%
    Good products
    Nothing you can't get any other retailer...

Cons

Company seems to be upscale but is the exact opposite. Managment is subpar they don't understand business in the retail space, it seems they are just trying to check off list the corprate gives them to succeed but they are missing the most important thing the customers and the people who interact with them have to be inSync. For example telling use to sell 100 of a product is ok but then we the customer isn't getting what they need or want just being tricked into purchasing what we had plainer for the day . Make me feel like a sleazy car sales man! Another con is they pay "high end associates " like a McDonald's employees . (I have experience in high end retailers as Managment and took this position to see if I would like to work here and I wouldn't suggest any one with retail experience to work here only high school kids and ore people just getting into the Field.)

Advice to Management

Up grade POS
    LEARN from employee
    HIRE FROM OUTSIDE THE COMPANY!!!
    Pay your employees better ( your trying to be higher end right pay like it )

5. "Love L'OCCITANE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Competitive pay, great leadership, love the products, get gratis

Cons

Not many cons don't always get enoughs gifts or samples

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

"Sales"

Pros

Great company with great people! Amazing products with traceable ingredients.

Cons

Behind the times with technology and some retail industry business practices.

7. "Wonderful place!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at L'Occitane (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved working here! My boss and fellow coworkers were a absolute delight! The company is amazing at giving back to the environment and the world in general ,and is so generous to its
    employees. I quit because I moved to a different country without a Loccitane and am heartbroken to leave.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons about working there. Sometimes the company doesn't do things in the most effiecent way but hey that's life. This place was so fun to work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Sales and Training Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Training Manager in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros at this company are it people, their benefit package is really great, you get more vacation time than most companies, and their employee discount is high at 40% off

Cons

The Leadership team has no vision and feels stuck in their ways. They are trying to run the company as its ran in Europe and clearly is not working here in the US. These are two completely different markets. There is no growth here, when you get promoted you receive A higher title but continue to do the same work so you do not learn or grow your skill sets. The HR team feels nonexistent. They are not easily accessible and once you actually sit with them nothing is done to your benefit.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately I did not have the best experience working here for 2 years. I had a boss that was used to having things done for them and taking the credit when they happened to be successful. I found that they were unprofessional, inappropriate when it came to work/life boundaries, and did not follow many business procedures ethically. Most of the leadership team has been there for 10+ years which I feel is hindering the growth of the company. They don't have outside experience to contribute new and innovative ideas when it comes to business. However I will say I had an amazing team, I did grow and learn due to my own teachings, and had opportunities that most would probably not get early in their career. I do believe that L'Occitane could be a great place to work if they had a real HR team that listened to their employees and took their feedback seriously. If your looking to be mentored here and really learn and grow from your boss this is not the place for you. Quite a bit needs to change here if they want to retain and keep top talent. People are underpaid, under appreciated, and most likely smarter than their bosses.

9. "One of my favorite jobs"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at L'Occitane part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at L'Occitane while attending college. They were flexible, understanding, and beyond supportive of my schedule and needs. They put effort into their employees and looked to train with passion.
    The products are fun, the gratis was generous, the pay was great. If you do not like working retail / customer service of course these could be different for you, but for those who love sales, and having fun while selling, I would highly recommend.

Cons

Difficult downtown location, occasionally difficult customers, hard sales you will be held accountable for that are sometimes truly out of your control.

"Learn a lot and fall in love!"

Former Employee - Sales in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at L'Occitane part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing products, flexible schedule and wonderful customers. Generous discount and gratis. Fun atmosphere when the right people are in the business! Learn about running a business and learn about skincare. If you love beauty products and working with people you will be in heaven every day!

Cons

Small team. Maybe too small. Everyone is a key holder and everyone must be really dependable and happy or the team suffers.

11. "Great company, amazing products"

I worked at L'Occitane part-time

Pros

It's easy to sell when you believe in what you're selling. The products are wonderful, you never feel bad about recommending even the most expensive items because they are all great and worth the money.
    The staff at least in my experience was great, it felt like a little family.
    There are no individual goals which makes it easier for everyone to work together to make the store goal.

Cons

The goals sometimes can be stressful, but nothing that you can't handle especially if you have a supportive manager.