Cover image for L'Occitane
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

L'Occitane Employee Reviews about "benefit"

Updated Nov 19, 2022

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,217 of over 1K reviews
3.6
73% Recommend to a Friend
L'Occitane Directeur Exécutif, Président du Conseil d'Administration et Président Directeur Général Reinold Geiger
73% Approve of CEO

Found 8 of over 1K reviews

3.6
Reinold Geiger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of L'Occitane and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "benefit"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Wonderful Company

Aug 4, 2022 - Retail Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, great team, supportive corporate office and dm. amazing Quality products.

Cons

Register system needs to be updated.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Most Unethical Retail Company

Oct 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount on products. New product gratis.

Cons

A company claims to be ethical. Meanwhile, they jeopardize employees’ safety, paying well below market-based compensation, setting a retail goal doubled LY that was impossible to attain, lack of growth, and passive-aggressive upper management. Aside from paying employees minimum wage with little to no incentives. Corporate forced selected stores to fulfill hundreds of online orders a day. Corporate never considered re-evaluating all sales associates and store managers’ compensation to their shift in the business model during the past year. Sales associates and store managers have been taking on more responsibilities such as offloading 3x heavier loads of shipments, fulfillment associate scheduling, locating merchandise, and much more. How about considering creating a more objective weighing factor that is equitable for the new job contents we do daily? They force employees to work in a hazardous warehouse environment that is absolutely inappropriate. In-store managers and associates are never able to be a part of the decision-making process. The store repeatedly reported the stock room is not properly equipped for online fulfillment, zero follow-ups to resolve the hazard from corporate and logistics. The company kept on sending products that is over the stock room’s capacity limit. There is a mountain of excess products and packing boxes stack up to the ceiling, overloading the breakroom with nearly any space to walk or sit.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the L'Occitane team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Spraying perfume in air made me ill

Nov 9, 2022 - Beauty Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

•Free products each launch •Free gift with purchase even for employees •40% off discount •Got to work in a classy boutique

Cons

•Management brushed off racism, verbal abuse, theft •Forced to work by yourself when opening or closing for 4-6 hours at a time. •Half the time with an angry customer/return I couldn’t reach management and felt powerless •Told to diffuse angry customers, yet if yelled at and insulted for what is not our fault or misunderstanding, we are solely blamed if we adhere to company policy… •Customers filed reports calling me rude when it was against policy to give them certain discounts + take returns past time limit. •I would have allergic reactions to the perfume we had to spray in the air. I would cough badly. When I left this job my health returned. •Never got a raise. Not in almost 8 years. •Management gives better treatment, higher pay & positions to their friends. •If I had red or pink nails I got written up. •Managers retaliated often by yelling at you in front of store and customers, bring smug like bullies. •Was told for years I didn’t deserve to go from part time to full time. •Unrealistic sales goals. •If customer left without purchasing and signing up for loyalty program, we were verbally warned, then written up. •Demands that each customer needs to purchase 5-$100 worth of product or you were not doing your job properly. •Identity fraud and money theft scams were constant and nobody did anything about it.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't get comfortable

Nov 9, 2022 - Beauty Advisor in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice discount, good store hours, not too busy. you get complimentary products sometimes and occasionally a small one-time bonus during the holidays.

Cons

TERRIBLE point of sale system. poor management leading to high turnover. instability within the company - my location did excellent sales and still closed with little warning.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best environment, but growth is hard to come by

Oct 6, 2022 - Associate Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture - entrepreneurial spirit in every department- good work-life balance

Cons

Pay is low for roles, and growth is challenging in the company

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

A lot of growth if favored

Oct 28, 2022 - Sr Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

product discount, nice office, good people, international

Cons

a lot of turnover, distrust in CEO

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Waste of time

Oct 19, 2022 - Process Improvement Specialist in Dayton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to say as I don’t remember any positive.

Cons

Micromanagement 90% of associates are outsourced and that makes it difficult to manage because leadership doesn’t care much for them. No room for improvement. Pay is not good at all.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Hahahaha

Aug 3, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Eryting irie over here mon

Cons

None at this time ok

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Jul 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gratis, Good quality Products, and simple

Cons

Work alone so its not good if customers are difficult

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Big company but pay is not good.

Jul 26, 2022 - Beauty Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible store manager willing to work with my schedule.

Cons

Company lowball pay. 3 years had no increase in pay. Finally did this year and it was only about $1 of increment.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 Reviews