L'Oréal Assistant Product Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 23 reviews

4.6
L'Oréal CEO Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon
  1. "Assistant Product manager LRP and Cerave"

Current Intern - Assistant Product Manager in Lisbon

I have been working at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Amazing school to learn about everything that is related with product management. You get in touch with supply, budgets, legal, trade marketing, market anaylsis. You leave L'Oréal as a data-driven person.

Cons

High level of Working hours. 25% of interns stay at the company due to lack of opening slots for head counts

L'Oréal2018-09-03
  2. "If you're a woman, It's worthy working for L'Oreal"

Current Employee - Assistant Product Manager in Ho Chi Minh City

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

_Good compensation & benefit package beside gross salary _inspiring products to work for

Cons

_Lacking of advanced tools & systems to support the business

L'Oréal2017-09-16

L'Oréal Response

September 18, 2017Employer Brand Specialist

Dear colleague, thank you for sharing your L'Oréal experience with us! We're very happy you note our inspiring products and generous rewards. Had work deserves great rewards, don't they! We take note of the need to further develop and simplify our systems to get us up to full speed ...

"Assistente Product Manager"

Former Intern - Product Manager Assistant in Milano
    (Translated from English)

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Ambiente competitivo che mette alla prova. Si impara moltissimo!

Cons

Troppo formali e gerarchici. Le procedure spesso sono molto lente e il personale è costretto a lavorare sempre fuori orario.

L'Oréal2017-01-27
  4. "Great place to work"

Assistant Product Manager in Brussels

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Trust Opportunities Team spirit Company culture (entrepreuneurship, Intern community

Cons

Pressure Deadline impossible to keep lack of organization and process ( L'oRéal company culture)

Advice to Management

More clarity in the process

L'Oréal2016-04-12

"Nice atmosphere and people but exploiting interns, lack of good organisation/strong base and individualistic culture."

Former Intern - Assistant Product Manager in Sint-Agatha-Berchem, Brussels

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, good connections, challenging, looks good on resume. Very cool events.

Cons

As an intern you mostly get the jobs the product manager doesn't want to do herself. Lack of good management and structure. Very individualistic culture, different departements see each other as competition, almost don't communicate with each other and when they do they keep all valuable info to themselves. There is a high churn rate, what means there is no strong base to rely on.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with the interns, and make them feel part of the team, without exploiting them. They are more than just numbers. Organize yourselves better, there is a lack of structure that makes it chaotic.

L'Oréal2016-03-20
  6. "Assistant Product Manager"

Assistant Product Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at L'Oréal

Pros

Great product perks. Highly ethical company to work for & leader in technology. All roles allow independent thinking to achieve tasks and hold large responsibilities that would not be afforded at other companies.

Cons

Work-life balance is awful. Peers and management too busy to reflect on projects delivered and recognise a job well done. True promotions are rare.. mostly employees move sideways.

Advice to Management

Allow management to enact the cultural change that is constantly spoken of, but not supported.

L'Oréal2015-12-07
  7. "6month internship"

Assistant Product Manager in Paris

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Fast-pacing environment, great responsibilities, warm atmosphere, importance of team building and huge diversity of brands.

Cons

Low flexibility of the hierarchy and general top-down management (depending on the teams) within the group.

L'Oréal2015-10-19

"good company to start with"

Current Intern - Assistant Product Manager in Levallois-Perret

I have been working at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Good name on your CV. markting a to z. great company to start BEAUTY career

Cons

crazy working hour like 9 to 9 IN FRANCE which is very surprising. very unorganized work process. Top down hierarchy. crazy last minute rush for the big meetings (which take place every month)

Advice to Management

Make some process map. stop excuse like 'oh in this waym we give more creativity and possibility to the individual'. Very outdated IT system. really need to be enhanced. STOP SQUEEZE OUT EMPLOYEES for the big meeting. MOST CEOs can makes decision just out of PPT presentation. Empower the product manager to deal with the little detail

L'Oréal2015-09-23
  9. "Great experience"

Former Intern - Assistant Product Manager in Paris

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Great products to work on; marketing jobs are really challenging but exciting too! You learn a lot

Cons

Interns do not always get many responsibilities; some people look down to you

Advice to Management

No advice

L'Oréal2015-03-25

L'Oréal Response

April 22, 2015Employer Branding Manager

Thanks for your review of your prior internship - we're glad you found this experience as educational and challenging as you did. Something we pride ourselves on is giving interns the ability to own certain projects from managing small parts of a product portfolio to developing a ...

10. "a dynamic environment to work in that exposes you to a diverse brand portfolio"

Current Contractor - Assistant Product Manager in Dubai

I have been working at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

A Friendly environment with very approachable people. Work schedules flexible are more performance based than defined work hours. Huge learning curves due to the many cross-divisional responsibilities handled.

Cons

Work life balance is poor and there are no defined tasks and KPIs making each role open ended.

Advice to Management

A lot of the divisions have a high turn-over of employees/temps/interns due to mis-managment. There also lack some team spirit as some managers are more goal and performance oriented than building healthy relationships with their constituents.

L'Oréal2014-07-24