L'Oréal Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
L'Oréal Chief Executive Officer Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Learn a lot and are given a lot of responsibility" (in 67 reviews)

• "In addition Senior management is focused on ensuring their employees can maintain a work/life balance and utilize the work from home policy" (in 59 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Clark, NJ

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

L'Oreal USA is not for everyone. Let me start with that... But if you enjoy working in an environment that is passionate about winning and where you can bring any idea to the table then this company is for you. Now the challenge is how you get it done....just like anywhere else. But L'Oreal is not an overly process driven company overall. What I love is that you can create your own and there are great people who are willing to help. This company truly embraces diversity and inclusion. No one size fits all model here.

Cons

L'Oreal has thrived all these years with great people. However, in this digital age it's time to balance it out with better systems and tools. Too manual for a company this size.

Advice to Management

Seeing a lot of positive change in work flexibility with the renovations at The Hub. It is crucial we continue to find flexible work options across all LUSA locations to not only compete but go beyond our competition.

May 24, 2018 – Employer Brand Specialist

We're very glad to see you're enjoying your time with L'Oréal! We work every day to make sure we're empowering our colleagues to bring the best and brightest ideas to the table in an environment that... More

2. "QC Analyst"

I worked at L'Oréal part-time

Pros

Friendly environment. A lot of employees.

Cons

Difficult for temporary employees sometimes.

3. "Counter manager"

Pros

I love the company and the product

Cons

I love to challenge with people ,trying to look good

Advice to Management

First to be a good leader ,challenge with people, make the number up, great client service, train employees, also educate client s

4. "Assistant Product Manager"

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

L'Oreal is a great company to learn, to grow. It provides many opportunities for a marketer to try on a new idea.

Cons

work overtime and under pressure

"Interesting"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for beauty junkies

Cons

Too political which hinders mobility if you are not a part of the in crowd; very meeting heavy; can be chaotic during key meetings.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees by giving opportunities to grow.

6. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work with loads of benefits

Cons

Very fast paced. High volume

Nov 15, 2018 – L'Oréal Talent team

Dear colleague, thank you for sharing your review! We ae glad to know your first year is off to a great start. Yes, L'Oréal is a fast paced environment to which we count on the agility of our... More

"Looks good on resume but don’t stay long!"

Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at L'Oréal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits- vacation & paid holidays, summer hours, free goods

Cons

Expected to work 24/7 which causes burnout & turnover. Young culture- many over 50 phased out by outsourcing jobs to keep numbers down.. Marketing driven culture .

Advice to Management

resoect all employees rather than catering to young marketing MBA’s who eventually leave.

Dec 3, 2018 – Employer Brand Specialist

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your more than 10 years with L’Oreal. We recognize all of our colleagues for their unique and valuable contribution to our business. Work/Life... More

8. "Great company to learn"

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

You have many opportunities to learn and get a lot of samples

Cons

The salary could be higher

Nov 11, 2018 – L'Oréal Talent team

Dear colleague, thank you for sharing your experience! We're really proud to be a learning company, and it's great to know that our employees value this! All the best, Emma

"Strong company with great brands and spending power"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long term career and strong brands

Cons

Compensation still lagging for women.Still very French male environment. This doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. After many years with the company I am not fighting it anymore. I don't think that I will achieve the levels of the white males here.

Advice to Management

Respect Americans and people of all nationalities and demonstrate that in your words and actions.

Nov 19, 2018 – Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your more than 10 years with L'Oréal. We're happy to hear that you've been enjoying your career with us!

We believe that the diversity of our teams... More

"Manufacturing - 4 year Salary employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People can be passionate and want to do well. People can be like family
    It’s a school of hard knocks but you learn a lot through the chaos

Cons

Though wildly promoted, work life balance there is a constant expectation to be chained to your laptop or cell phone(not even a work appointed phone) on personal time i.e. weekends, evenings after working a full work day, dinners with family, vacations. You can easily be working 12- 14 hour days or 60+ hours and not getting a manager salary.

Though initiatives like work from home, flexible hours are presented and said to be “available”.They are not available to everyone. Some coworkers abuse the system thereby not allowing their other coworkers the ability to have these options available. Flexible hours are nice to a certain extent.

When starting 4 years ago I saw a lot of promise and growth in the manufacturing area. Now it almost seems like a prison, morale is the lowest I’ve ever seen in the hourly and salary. Even the managers can’t hide the exhaustion of over workloads anymore and unrealistic goal setting

From my start date to now, transparency with upper management has decreased. Coworkers are afraid to bring things to the table out of fear while years ago this was encouraged. The facility has turned from a positive people fueled family all about making the dream happen to running solely on fear of not being able to achieve or get in trouble due to the high expectations.

All facilities not just Loreal are good at their publicity stunts for upper management beyond local management. this is a known thing everywhere. However 4 years ago This facility had actual positive things happening that seemed like the real deal and then they bogged the organizers down to a point they had to abandon those projects but now unfortunately it’s more evident that things are getting thrown together in a scramble to make things look good and make our facility not look like our souls have been sucked out by the high turnarounds causing people to work other people’s positions in addition to already unmanageable.

Upper management and Managers need to be reviewed more closely. Some managers need continuous coaching to develop. This will avoid managers flip flopping on directions.

Advice to Management

I don’t mean to write such a long review but I want to see change because I love this company. Obviously, the surveys aren’t working to resolve any of the issues. We can’t just put bandaids over stress at work anymore. We need to find real solutions that are more personal. Making the manufacturing facilities nicer could help with morale too.

People are the key to success, their well being, their fuel is what keeps the company going. But you can’t feed the fire (Loreal passion and quality) without fuel( people)and right now we’re watering down our fuel too much.

Dec 3, 2018 – Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We believe that our people are the company’s greatest asset and we take their feedback and satisfaction at work very seriously.

The... More