L'Oréal Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
L'Oréal Président-Directeur Général Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon

Pros
  • Very intense internship, where you learn a LOT (in 43 reviews)

• Good culture good work life balance (in 35 reviews)

1. "Not for long term"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Streetsboro, OH
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Streetsboro, OH

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Cafeteria , lunch, and a few microwaves but not much else

Cons

Very low pay, bad working hours, very hot warehouse, miles and miles of walking

Advice to Management

Pay more and treat people better

2. "Operations"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at L'Oréal as an intern

Pros

There are really interesting new products in the works and it was interesting to see the process of how they were created.

Cons

The culture is extremely negative compared to a variety of companies I have worked with previously. Every day at lunch, all the discussions were about other people and managers would talk negatively about team members constantly. Everyone was stressed all the time and departments quit/got fired during my brief experience there. People would get promoted based on who quit above them and their processes were very unorganized. My coworkers constantly had trouble managing their work life balance or claimed that it doesn't exist within the company.

Mar 20, 2017 – Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are glad to hear you had an enriching internship with us, and that it sets you off well for a great career within Operations! We are sorry to hear you ... More

"National Account Manager (MCB Division)"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Nothing positive about being a National Account Manager in the MCB division

Cons

1. VP's have no long term strategy
    2. Goal is to move orders from the next month up, and stuff the backdoors of customers.
    3. Long trail of emails where NAM's are spoken to in a very disrespectful manner.
    4. VP'S ask for a volume update every 2 hours, and they overcommit numbers to management to make themselves look good.
    5. Unreasonable goals that are not based on the customer.
    6. VP's scared to explain true conditions of market to SVP's.

Advice to Management

I would advise that you let employee's have a ride along day before joining the very unorganized MCB division of Loreal. This will allow them to fully evaluate the role before joining. I would not recommend anyone to leave a good established company to join this place. In 2015/2016 I did this and it the biggest regret that I have in life.

With declining brands the company needs to set a strategy before the year starts. We are planning for 2017 in February of 2017. At my previous company we planned for the next year 9 to 11 months out. Strategy is top down in any organization, and right now I am very disappointed that L'Oréal is allowing a division to operate like this.

Mar 9, 2017 – Employer Brand Specialist

We’re very sorry to hear that your experience within your division hasn’t been a positive one but we want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it helps us reflect on the efforts we can ... More

"Emotional Trip"

Pros

Great health care plan and other little perks

Cons

Work is terrible. Culture is terrible.

"Stay away from the 12 month internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at L'Oréal as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool brands. Company store. That's about it.

Cons

Very sorority feeling. Gotta be 'one of them' to be given a chance. They pretty much replaced all entry level jobs w/ 12-month interns to cut cost since interns don't get ANY benefit, and most interns are let go after a year b/c there are no headcounts in the first place. They are also dishonest about NOT providing sponsorship to international students, NO is NO, just tell the truth in the beginning! Bad business practice. Reconsider if you're thinking about the 12 month program. (Fact: It's not really a 'program' where you get training or be put in a special track that aims to help you advance within the company, it's more of a 'short term employment with no healthcare' kinda deal. Sad but truth.

"Warehouse"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

There are no pros working in the warehouse at l'oreal in Monmouth NJ!

Cons

They lie about hours and overtime until you sign on and quit your other job! President lied right to my face at THAT SPECIFIC QUESTION! When I started 1 week later everyone on the warehouse floor said "OH NO, THERE IS Manditory OVERTIME "EVERYDAY "!.
    I FOUGHT THEM BY BRINGING THE TEAMSTERS AT THEIR GATES!

Advice to Management

Wake up, you're not that powerful!

8. "hairdresser"

Former Employee - Hair Dresser in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Hair Dresser in Overland Park, KS

Pros

i love using the product

Cons

Can not go wrong with L'Oréal

Advice to Management

YOU HAVE THE BEST PRODUCTS

"Purchasing Manager"

Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Clark, NJ

I worked at L'Oréal (More than a year)

Pros

You get free goods and have a decent level of autonomy. If you have a good manager, which is hard to come by, you can do great things and are protected from the negative attitudes of never being good enough. But that just means your manager is most likely taking the hit instead of you. The divisions are better to work for out of the corp. supply chain office.

Cons

It's too French. You only get promoted if you're in the "club" and have networked perfectly if you're American. Leadership is non-existent. Nothing is good enough, and expectations set are unrealistic. You are treated as a commodity if your title is below Director.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your people like they are expendable. Remove the terrible French management and run the Purchasing Department with real leadership. Promote those who deserve it, not just the French employees, and remember it's L'OREAL USA, not Paris.

Aug 12, 2016 – Digital Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback very much. Thank you for taking your time to share with us. Giving freedom to our people - encouraging them to pursue new ideas and giving the chance to quickly prove ... More

10. "Assistant Manager"

Pros

great benefits for employees and family

Cons

pay and management treats employees unfairly and disrespectfully

"If you have a family don't work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walton, KY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

The pay isn't too bad. You always get overtime. Perfect for some that doesn't want a life outside of work.

Cons

Upper management only cares about making themselves look good no matter the price. You will work 14 days straight (it would be more but they have to give you a day off after working 14). This year 2016 we have to work holidays. No one cares about the "little" people that make the product and ship the product. It's a typical large company, All about the money.

Advice to Management

Allow your people to have a life outside of work. Most have families that they never see because they are always working. Why not let them work 5 days a week? I'm sure all upper corporate employees get days off.

Jun 17, 2016 – Digital Marketing Manager

We so appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are very sorry to hear that your experience at L’Oréal did not match our intention of being a great place to ... More

Showing 159 of 2,067 reviews