L&M Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 1, 2017

3.8
John Oxford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company to work for"

Pros

It's family oriented, competitive pay, casual work environment and good benefits. They offer an at work Gym, free coffee/espresso bar and do things regularly for employees such as bring in food or offer company sponsored parties.

Cons

Nothing really. The company is a little old fashioned but that seems to be expected considering they are in the Farming and Produce industry.

2. "Great environment, great people"

Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Durham, NC

I worked at L&M Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at L&M. It's definitely a family atmosphere. People really care about each other. There is flexibility to allow for family needs. It is a nice casual workplace. Great Christmas party!

Cons

Their technology could be more up to date. But, other than that, I really can't think of anything to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees like family!

3. "Great Family Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at L&M Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-Paced produce sales within a solid working environment

Cons

Alot of satelitte offices around the country that can be hard to communicate with.

4. "So much potential but missing the mark"

I have been working at L&M Companies full-time

Pros

L&M employees are very smart and dedicated to the well being of the company. L&M is part of a great industry that can stand through economical tough times. There is a lot of smar and fun people working for L&M.

Cons

The senior leadership is definitely lacking integrity. The company could be so much better if everyone would communicate more with one another. It seems like some pee want to keep some kind of control over some part of the operation

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing your people. You have smart people on board, give them the tools necessary to deliver the results that you hired them to instead of blocking them.

5. "In the six and a half years I worked here, I only got 3 raises which amounted to no more than $2.00 total."

I worked at L&M Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is very family oriented and understand that we all have families outside of work so taking time off for personal matters was never an issue.

Cons

Depending on the location you are working for, you might or might not have professional growth. I was stuck in the same position for many years and got tired of it. You'll have a chance for professional growth if you are working in the Raleigh location because that's where the corporate office is. Also, DAX, their business computer software is horrible. Learning the system is a sour experience.

Advice to Management

In order to keep your employees happy get rid of DAX and make sure that if an employee deserves more than a 3% raise, give it to them. Employees who are compensated well will give more in the long run. Remember that for someone who makes $12 an hour, a 3% raise is only $.36. What a joke! A slap in the face!